Windows 10: removing region keyboard layout

Discus and support removing region keyboard layout in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i want my region and almost everything to be uk but i dont want uk keyboard layout because i only use US and thai keyboard layout but when i remove uk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TheerapatKeith, Feb 17, 2022.

1. removing region keyboard layout

i want my region and almost everything to be uk but i dont want uk keyboard layout because i only use US and thai keyboard layout but when i remove uk keyboard layout it say something like "this is regional language and if you remove it we will change your region" but i want my region to be uk this is very annoying

:)

TheerapatKeith, Feb 17, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 17, 2022
  3. how to remove keyboard layout on Windows 10?

Hi Eric,

We regret the inconvenience caused.

The above issue might occur due to the following reasons:

• Country & Region settings not enabling you to delete the keyboard language set on the PC.
    • Not choosing appropriate default keyboard layout.

Before we assist you further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Did you try removing the keyboard layouts from Settings page?
    • If yes, does the issue persists even after removing the keyboard layout?

By removing the Keyboard layout from system Settings page, the language will be removed from the PC. However, if needed, you can download the same from system
    Settings page and check if the changes made are effective.

You can remove the keyboard layout either from system Settings page or
    Control panel. Follow either of the steps below to remove the keyboard layout and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: System Settings window.

• Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings
      page.
    • Click on Time & language from the options and select
      Region & language
      from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on the keyboard language you want to remove under Languages and click on
      Remove.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: Control panel.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Control panel from the context menu.
    • Click on View by option located at the top right corner of the window and select
      Large icons from the dropdown bar.
    • From the panel, click on Language.
    • Under Change your language preferences click on the keyboard layout to remove and click on the
      Remove button which will now be available to use.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the keyboard layout language removed from the PC for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 17, 2022
  4. ish4d0w Win User

removing region keyboard layout

how to remove keyboard layout?

Hi,

For some unknown reasons I have this african (???) keyboard layout added to the keyboard switcher list. I don't want it. How can I remove it?
    Thanks!
    EDIT: To clarify this: I have never added this layout, and it is not present in the list at the settings pane.

removing region keyboard layout [​IMG]

ish4d0w, Feb 17, 2022
Thema:

removing region keyboard layout

1. removing region keyboard layout - Similar Threads - removing region keyboard

2. Remove keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove keyboard layout: I changed temporary the System Locale under Region settings, and now there are two keyboard layouts under Input methods indicator in task bar along with my native Greek layout: English United States and English United Kingdom. I I've tried to remove the later from Settings >...
  3. Remove keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove keyboard layout: I changed temporary the System Locale under Region settings, and now there are two keyboard layouts under Input methods indicator in task bar along with my native Greek layout: English United States and English United Kingdom. I I've tried to remove the later from Settings >...
  4. remove keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    remove keyboard layout: How do I remove English keyboard layout? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-keyboard-layout/4ad2eaaa-75a6-4ed3-86be-533ae5710e3b
  5. remove keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove keyboard layout: How do I remove English keyboard layout? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-keyboard-layout/4ad2eaaa-75a6-4ed3-86be-533ae5710e3b
  6. remove keyboard layout

7. removing region keyboard layout

removing region keyboard layout: i want my region and almost everything to be uk but i dont want uk keyboard layout because i only use US and thai keyboard layout but when i remove uk keyboard layout it say something like "this is regional language and if you remove it we will change your region" but i want...
  8. Remove regional keyboard layout during OSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove regional keyboard layout during OSD: Hi team, I'm trying to remove one keyboard input method during OSD clean install. Dutch language pack comes with two keyboards NL-NLD and NL-INTL and we want to have only NL-INTL once Windows are installed. What would be the easiest way to achieve this?...
  9. Can't remove keyboard layout although it is a second keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't remove keyboard layout although it is a second keyboard layout: [ATTACH] The remove button is grayed out. I use my native language's layout as my primary. Any help would be appreciated. https://preview.redd.it/034p4qo80gs51.png?width=478&format=png&auto=webp&s=4272d1e36ea4620a5d312dea10b3db0862fb9315 submitted by...
  10. After clean install remove 2nd regional keyboard layout not available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After clean install remove 2nd regional keyboard layout not available: After clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1803 (os build 17134.1) - remove 2nd keyboard layout is not available. PC installation. Windows display language set English and keyboard layout set Estonian finishes with 2 keyboard layouts - English and Estonian. Because Windows 10...