Windows 10: REMOVING SHORTCUT WRITTEN ON IT

Discus and support REMOVING SHORTCUT WRITTEN ON IT in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi , How do I remove default -shortcut written on it . [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LUCKY-SINGH, Apr 16, 2021.

1. REMOVING SHORTCUT WRITTEN ON IT

Hi ,

How do I remove default -shortcut written on it .

REMOVING SHORTCUT WRITTEN ON  IT f847ff68-f65c-47f2-9457-eecd5fd34dc0?upload=true.png

:)

LUCKY-SINGH, Apr 16, 2021
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.REMOVING SHORTCUT WRITTEN ON  IT :)

terrace, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Michael Win User
    Remove yellow/blue sheild icon from shortcuts

After upgrading to Windows 10, some desktop shortcuts have UAC shield icons. Is it possible to remove them?

REMOVING SHORTCUT WRITTEN ON  IT [​IMG]

EDIT: Here's a solution...
    Launch the shortcuts via CMD:

1. Right-click the shortcut to Properties
    2. Click Change Icon, then click OK when its window pops up (necessary step to avoid losing the icon)
    3. Add the following, plus a space, to the beginning of the Target field, leaving the existing path at the end:
      Code:
      Code:
      cmd /c start ""
    I had previously solved this by editing a system icon file, but that method doesn't seem to be working as of update 1607, plus it was a lot more trouble.

Michael, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

REMOVING SHORTCUT WRITTEN ON IT

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

REMOVING SHORTCUT WRITTEN ON IT

1. REMOVING SHORTCUT WRITTEN ON IT - Similar Threads - REMOVING SHORTCUT WRITTEN

2. How to remove 'Files to be written to the disc'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove 'Files to be written to the disc': I have read multiple posts on this subject, but I was not able to find a solution that actually works. I have even deleted the folder called "C:\Users\fmlib\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder " without success.After copying files to a CD using a CD...
  3. How to remove 'Files to be written to the disc'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove 'Files to be written to the disc': I have read multiple posts on this subject, but I was not able to find a solution that actually works. I have even deleted the folder called "C:\Users\fmlib\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder " without success.After copying files to a CD using a CD...
  4. How to remove 'Files to be written to the disc'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Shortcuts are over written by Windows from laptop to desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcuts are over written by Windows from laptop to desktop: I have a laptop, and my desktop. If I load the same program that is on my desktop on my laptop, windows 10 changes the shortcuts on my desktop to match the drive I loaded the program on to my laptop, thus rendering the program shortcut on the desktop inoperative. I have shut...
  6. Shortcuts are over written by Windows from laptop to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcuts are over written by Windows from laptop to desktop: I have a laptop, and my desktop. If I load the same program that is on my desktop on my laptop, windows 10 changes the shortcuts on my desktop to match the drive I loaded the program on to my laptop, thus rendering the program shortcut on the desktop inoperative. I have shut...
  7. Shortcuts are over written by Windows from laptop to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Remove - Shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove - Shortcut: So when I right-click a file and click send to → desktop, is there a feature that stops it from renaming it from "programname" to "programname - shortcut" I know I could just select all the files and use bulk rename utility to remove the last 11 characters but I wondered if...
  9. Shortcut removal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shortcut removal: Hi recently my keyboard completely broke. When I press CTRL it goes into full screen for no reason, the shift becomes an enter, the backspace only deletes one letter no matter how long I held onto it. This happened all of a sudden for completely no reason at all....
  10. Remove shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove shortcut arrows: How do we remove those desktop shortcut arrows? Is there a quick way w/o digging into the registry? I don't see it in the latest UWT. Thanks *Wink 113829