Windows 10: Removing "Sleep" from the lock screen

Discus and support Removing "Sleep" from the lock screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I want to remove the "Sleep" option from the Windows 10 lock screen. I found GPO items to be able to remove it form the start menu, but I now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ozisej, Feb 8, 2021.

1. ozisej Win User

Removing "Sleep" from the lock screen

Hi,

I want to remove the "Sleep" option from the Windows 10 lock screen.

I found GPO items to be able to remove it form the start menu, but I now want to also remove it from the lock screen. Am I missing something? Or is it truly not there?

I've got a range of Windows 10 machines to deal with, but mostly very current versions.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jason.

:)

ozisej, Feb 8, 2021
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

Lock screen not working on sleep

Hi Polly,

To be able to lock your screen while on Sleep mode, you can follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Sign in and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the option When PC wakes up from sleep under Require Sign-in.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Feb 8, 2021
  3. lock screen - sleep problems

Hi Kenny,

For us to isolate your concern with lock screen and sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Removing "Sleep" from the lock screen

How to remove annoying suggestions on W10 lock screen?

Hi!

Welcome to TenForums!

In the settings, it is called Personalization>Lock Screen and then you would turn this setting off:

Removing "Sleep" from the lock screen [​IMG]

EyeInTheSky, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Removing "Sleep" from the lock screen

1. Removing "Sleep" from the lock screen - Similar Threads - Removing Sleep lock

2. Removing Password from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Password from Lock Screen: Whenever i open my laptop i always have to sign in to my microsoft account. Even whenever i turn off the sleep mode i have to sign in and type my password. I want to turn off the password option.I am using windows 11....
  3. Removing Password from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Password from Lock Screen: Whenever i open my laptop i always have to sign in to my microsoft account. Even whenever i turn off the sleep mode i have to sign in and type my password. I want to turn off the password option.I am using windows 11....
  4. Lock screen/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen/Sleep: Windows 11/Edge I have a folder of images that change at set intervals on the desktop.On my last Windows 10 PC I was able to set the sleep interval with those images running.Can I do this with Windows 11?...
  5. Lock screen/Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen/Sleep: Windows 11/Edge I have a folder of images that change at set intervals on the desktop.On my last Windows 10 PC I was able to set the sleep interval with those images running.Can I do this with Windows 11?...
  6. Remove PIN from Windows Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove PIN from Windows Lock Screen: I have just set up Microsoft Family Safety on 4 computers at home. In doing so I verified the accounts on 3 of the computers. Two of the computers have also been updated to Windows 11, the other two are running Windows 10.After adding Family Safety, I was prompted to create a...
  7. Remove tip links from lock screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Remove tip links from lock screen: How can I remove the tip links from the lock screen image in Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-tip-links-from-lock-screen/71412f6e-8237-4ff3-bd17-eff38934541a
  8. How to remove suggestions from lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove suggestions from lock screen: Whenever I open up my PC, I always get to see these tips from windows spotlight. Is there any way I could clean up this clutter? submitted by /u/AhmedKuttySpeaking [link] [comments]...
  9. Remove advertising from lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove advertising from lock screen: I get ads on my lock screen for something called microsoft rewards. Like the following: Like what you see? Who doesn't love free stuff? Earn points towards free games Millions have already joined, you in? What is this, an advertisement for male enhancement pills?...
  10. Remove Clock from Lock Screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Clock from Lock Screen?: Hi everyone, I was wondering if there was a way to remove the Clock and Date from the Lock Screen. I tried the same method used for Windows 8/8.1, but it's not working. 10113