Windows 10: Removing something from This PC list

Discus and support Removing something from This PC list in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm in a bit of an odd and annoying situation. Using Windows 10 Pro I was trying to change the location of My Videos, just as I did with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomBee1, Nov 23, 2019.

1. TomBee1 Win User

Removing something from This PC list

Hi there, I'm in a bit of an odd and annoying situation.

Using Windows 10 Pro

I was trying to change the location of My Videos, just as I did with My Music, which by the way worked fine. I just changed the properties to make the My Music library on my secondary drive. When I tried to do it with My Videos I accidentally selected my whole secondary drive.

I managed to still do what I wanted to do, by creating a new library for videos instead, but now I'm left with a second link in the This PC list to my secondary drive, shown in the picture here.

Removing something from This PC list 7b80a9e8-ddc4-4152-a38f-dc87de22e5e8?upload=true.jpg

Any time I try to remove this link, by selecting properties, it just opens up the drive properties, as it would if you selected properties of any other drive. So I can't even change this link back to My Videos.

Sorry if this question is a bit long winded, not sure how to word this Removing something from This PC list :)

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

:)

TomBee1, Nov 23, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Removing something from This PC list

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Removing something from This PC list

1. Removing something from This PC list - Similar Threads - Removing something list

2. Remove something from desktop -

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove something from desktop -: Hello -I'm new to windows 11 and a new computer and have no idea how I got this on my desktop - but for the life of me I can't remove it.Any help would be greatly appreciated - Thank You* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Remove something from desktop -

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove something from desktop -: Hello -I'm new to windows 11 and a new computer and have no idea how I got this on my desktop - but for the life of me I can't remove it.Any help would be greatly appreciated - Thank You* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Block remove from pinned list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block remove from pinned list: I inadvertently pinned a large number of folders possibly hundreds to my quick access list. They are folders on a USB stick so currently inaccessible - so I cant block select them."To remove them from the Quick Access list, select them all > right-click and select Remove from...
  5. Block remove from pinned list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block remove from pinned list: I inadvertently pinned a large number of folders possibly hundreds to my quick access list. They are folders on a USB stick so currently inaccessible - so I cant block select them."To remove them from the Quick Access list, select them all > right-click and select Remove from...
  6. Unable to remove an item from the exclusion list

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to remove an item from the exclusion list: Hi, after running a full scan with windows defender, it has helped to remove some malware threats. However, after doing another full scan for good measure, I've encountered this issue where the system notifies me about "Items skipped during scan". When I clicked into the...
  7. how can i remove something from threat list i already removed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i remove something from threat list i already removed: i had a bitcoin mining app, and i uninstalled it, but the plugins were detected as miners, after i did everything i could, 2 more things are still there the appa plugin and the app itself, i removed the app, but it says its still there, malwarebytes doesnt detect it, because...
  8. Remove an Entry from 'Start-up' list

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove an Entry from 'Start-up' list: Hello,A week or two ago I ran a portable program (not installed) if it suits me.After some tests I just deleted the folder with the files because it did not suit me.Recently I noticed it is in the 'start-up' list, tried to delete it - I was refused, so I selected to disable...
  9. Remove program from Firewall list

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove program from Firewall list: Hello, Recently uninstalled some program, it is still in the firewall programs list. I deleted the "V" from the box by clicking on 'change settings' but it comes back. How to remove it from the list ? Answers will be appreciated. 99965
  10. Program won't remove from add/remove list ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Program won't remove from add/remove list ?: Is there a tutorial for removing a program from add/remove that even when performing an uninstall; the program just doesn't remove from the add/remove list ? 56724