Windows 10: Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu

Discus and support Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to organize the All Apps list on the Start Menu, but I need to get rid of the apps that clutter it up. I would prefer to do it without replacing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AliceXas, Dec 15, 2017.

1. AliceXas Win User

Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu

I want to organize the All Apps list on the Start Menu, but I need to get rid of the apps that clutter it up. I would prefer to do it without replacing the start menu with something like Classic Shell and I don't want to delete all the apps, so I've been attempting to find a way to remove the contents of shell:Appsfolder from the start menu.

I was hoping I could receive some insight into how exactly the Start Menu works. I know that the All Apps list appears to be a combination of three different directories:

shell:Appsfolder
    %AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Which leads me to believe that it might operate similarly to other system folders like This PC and Libraries, but I haven't found anything that seemed useful in the registry so far. I would appreciate it if someone could help point me in the right direction.

:)

AliceXas, Dec 15, 2017
  2. Teddy2016 Win User

windows store not working,build in apps not working

"I am launch Windows Store from task bar"

Hi!

Try to pin store app to taskbar from the "All apps" menu. If Icon appears on taskbar, then remove that blank launcher. That is all to strange how just the store app icon is blank.

Maybe go to Taskbar and Start menu properties and select use small icons on taskbar >apply<, then switch it back. I know I saw a few updates for the store app. Are you up to date?

Teddy2016, Dec 15, 2017
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Remove All Apps From The Start Menu?

Go Settings, Personalization, Start, Use Start full screen

lacrumb, Dec 15, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Hello @AliceXas and welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

As far as the UWP Apps are concerned, there's not much you can do about them, short of uninstalling as many of them as you can. Aside from that, they stay where they are at.
    You can, however, create custom versions of them, rename them and assign a new icon to them, then organize them into a desired hierarchy in the Start Menu.
    In the following screenshot, you can see I've renamed the Program shortcuts, created custom UWP shortcuts and custom music playlist shortcuts using Alt Codes as a prefix to keep them at the top of the Menu hierarchy:
    (Anything that resides below, I don't use much or care about!)

Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu [​IMG]

You can check my video for a more in depth tutorial:

[youtube]lalWOxjFeYY[/youtube]

Edwin, Dec 16, 2017
  5. AliceXas Win User
    Thank you so much for this solution! I've never thought about using Alt Code characters for organization before and I'll definitely be using that for organizing folders in the future as well.

AliceXas, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Removing Store Apps From All Apps On Start Menu - Similar Threads - Removing Store Apps

2. "Show all apps by default" removed from start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Show all apps by default" removed from start menu?: When you open the start menu, the field on the left SHOULD be an expanded list of all programs. However, following the latest update, that function is removed. From now on, the "All Apps" section is always collapsed. The option "Show apps list in start menu" has been...
  3. Remove Windows App from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove Windows App from Start Menu: Hi, I would like to remove a Windows UWP app (an app installed from the Microsoft Store) from the Start Menu. How can I make It? submitted by /u/Imart_Cat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jnk2v8/remove_windows_app_from_start_menu/
  4. windows 10 remove all apps from the start menu

windows 10 remove all apps from the start menu: Hi I upgraded to Windows 10 Home version 20H2 and I cannot find away to remove the All Apps Icon from the start menu for a specific user. I turned off "Show App list in start menu" but I can't find away to remove the All Apps Icon. Please advise. Regards, Ray See the...
  5. Remove apps and items from Start menu

Remove apps and items from Start menu: I have some apps on the start menu that have no uninstall when you RH click? How do I remove the icon? I have 2 other items that have the uninstall option but they take me to the Programs - Programs & Feastures that you see in Control Panel. But there doesn't appear to be...
  6. Is there a way to remove all programs from folders in the all apps start menu?

Is there a way to remove all programs from folders in the all apps start menu?: I don't like having to open folders when trying to find a program from the start menu; all I want is an alphabetised list of every program on my PC. I tried moving everything from the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder out of that folder, however...
  7. Removing preinstalled apps from the start menu

Removing preinstalled apps from the start menu: My laptop with Windows 10 came with some apps already in the start menu (Candy Crush Saga, Cooking Fever). I tried right clicking on them, but there was no way to uninstall. The apps don't show up in the list of apps in settings. The apps also don't show up in powershell,...
  8. Removing apps from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing apps from the Start Menu: There are a number of Apps on my Start Menu that I cannot use. I would like to remove them from the start menu to reduce clutter. I was able to remove OneDrive but none of the others, I'm not asking how to uninstall them because I know Microsoft would NEVER allow that....
  9. Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu

Removing Power and All Apps in Start Menu: It's a simple question, with probably a more complicated answer: How do I remove these two buttons, as I think they are ugly as OS X (ok, maybe not that ugly)? [img] 8957
  10. Removing dead icons from Start menu All Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing dead icons from Start menu All Apps: After disabling and uninstalling Cortana, Edge and others as well as Search I ended up with 2 dead icons in the All apps menu one for Search and one for Edge. When I drag the Search icon to the desktop it's named as:...