Windows 10: Removing Sync-Centre / Offline Files

Discus and support Removing Sync-Centre / Offline Files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The green icon of sync centre has suddenly sprung into life, and I don't use it, don't want it, and don't need it consuming resources.[ATTACH] There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JonathanPoston, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Removing Sync-Centre / Offline Files

The green icon of sync centre has suddenly sprung into life, and I don't use it, don't want it, and don't need it consuming resources. Removing Sync-Centre / Offline Files 65fe230e-ecbc-47a4-a208-aa171b44ab35?upload=true.png

There appears to be no way to turn this off. After selecting "disable" and then rebooting, it still starts up, and will give me a long running "syncing files, please wait", which is always fun, adding 10 mins to boot up time for something I've not asked for and not allowing me any obvious way to remove it, why not?

Obviously the normal users are having every aspect of their PC controlled from afar, their privacy invaded by default, kids being harvested for emails etc... however for those with more tech savvy, does anyone know of a way to remove this feature?

Thanks

:)

JonathanPoston, Feb 5, 2020
  2. clayto Win User

Sync Centre

Thanks very much for all the info, you are the first person to suggest I am heading up a blind alley with regard to Sync Centre on my Windows Home PC. It is worth knowing! I will try connecting my phone to the PC as you suggest, and let you know.

clayto, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Sync Centre

Hello clayto. The Sync Center doesn't have any thing to do with the Microsoft account and syncing onedrive files, passwords, etc.

It also only works on Windows 10 Pro (as far as I know). I'm not even sure why it is even accessible in the "home" version of Win10. There may be some type of sync partnership that was/is available to it (home versions), but I don't know what it is and I have only used it on my Win10 Pro Laptop to make network shares available to me while I am out and about and away from my LAN network

The way it functions (on Win10 Pro) is to give you the ability to use network LAN shares "offline" (for instance on a laptop you take with you out of the home or office) You right click on a Network share in File explorer and there will be an option in the context menu for "always available offline". Once the sync is complete, and you are away from your LAN network, you will have all the files that reside in that share cached to you device. Any changes you make to any of the files while you are offline will be synced back to the Network share once you are back on your LAN.

For my machines with only the home version of Win10, I use a program from Microsoft called SyncToy to essentially accomplish the same thing as I do in Win10Pro with offline files.

As to what may be causing your password and other sync issues with you Microsoft account, I don't unfortunately have an answer on that... but Sync Center/Offline files isn't the answer.

abenavraham, Feb 5, 2020
  4. wcndave2 Win User

Removing Sync-Centre / Offline Files

The green icon of sync centre has suddenly sprung into life, and I don't use it, don't want it, and don't need it consuming resources.

There appears to be no way to turn this off. After selecting "disable" and then rebooting, it still starts up, and will give me a long running "syncing files, please wait", which is always fun, adding 10 mins to boot up time for something I've not asked
    for and not allowing me any obvious way to remove it, why not?

Obviously the normal users are having every aspect of their PC controlled from afar, their privacy invaded by default, kids being harvested for emails etc... however for those with more tech savvy, does anyone know of a way to remove this feature?

Thanks

wcndave2, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Removing Sync-Centre / Offline Files - Similar Threads - Removing Sync Centre

2. Sync Centre

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync Centre: We setup Sync Centre via GPO and is no longer require.If I disable the Sync Centre how will this effect any files that are currently syncing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-centre/c74ba7c9-0c58-4245-b14b-4c2da693912c
  3. Sync Centre

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Centre: We setup Sync Centre via GPO and is no longer require.If I disable the Sync Centre how will this effect any files that are currently syncing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-centre/c74ba7c9-0c58-4245-b14b-4c2da693912c
  4. Sync Centre

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Offline File Sync Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Offline File Sync Issues: Hello all,All of our users have their Desktop and Documents folders mapped to our file server. Sync Center recognizes this and creates offline copies of these folders' contents.Well now we have one site that is having issues. When user's log into their PCs they will only see...
  6. Offline File Sync Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Offline File Sync Issues: Hello all,All of our users have their Desktop and Documents folders mapped to our file server. Sync Center recognizes this and creates offline copies of these folders' contents.Well now we have one site that is having issues. When user's log into their PCs they will only see...
  7. Offline File Sync Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. OFFLINE files and sync center

OFFLINE files and sync center: If I enable offline files on a Windows 10 laptop for files stored on windows server 2016 network drive, is option available to NEVER update server copy of any file when any client laptop re-connects to the network?...
  9. Syncing issue with offline files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing issue with offline files: I turned on the option "Always available offline" for the network folder. However when I turned it off, several files that I could see before do not come up....
  10. Offline files not syncing

Offline files not syncing: I initially turned on "Always available offline" feature for one of the network folder. After turning it off, some of the files (that appeared before) do not appear at all now. Why is this and how can I fix it?...