Windows 10: Removing the BLUE outline on just about everything in Windows 10

Discus and support Removing the BLUE outline on just about everything in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there ANY way to remove the stupid blue highlight around just about every box in Windows 10 anersary edition. Searchwindows, saves etc. Everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Niv, Aug 21, 2016.

1. NIV
    Niv Win User

Removing the BLUE outline on just about everything in Windows 10

Is there ANY way to remove the stupid blue highlight around just about every box in Windows 10 anersary edition.
    Searchwindows, saves etc. Everything highlighted blue around it.
    Narroator is off ofc, and I read that only removes it in previous windows.
    It does not work in Windows 10 anersary. It's driving me insane, blue boxes everywhere !
    I did not have this previous to the update, not sure if its related to color intensity slider that no longer works in anersary (I had it to 0)

Help ;/

Removing the BLUE outline on just about everything in Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

2. WINDOWS 10 DOWNLOADED. BLUE OUTLINE BOX LINE NOW ON MACHINE ON ANYYTHING. IT'S PURPOSE? GOOD/BAD?

The blue outline box apparently came with windows 10. IT CAN BE ANY SIZE FROM ONE LETTER/NUMBER TO A FULL PAGE OUTLINE. ALWAYS FOUR CORNERS. IT FOLLOWS MY WORK. NORTON DOES NOT REMOVE IT AND IT DOES NOT HINDER WHAT I AM DOING. IT IS ON THIS MESSAGE
    NOW, SINGLE LETTER BOXED. HAVE NEVER RUN INTO THIS BEFORE.

rois de shazo, Aug 21, 2016
  3. KPST92 Win User
    Windows 10 Cal App - mismatch colors

Hi there,

My primary Cal is Google Calendar. i have syned it to the windows 10 cal app on my surface pro 4. the issue is, for some reason, the calendars colors as mismatched where some events are full colored in and some are just the outline of that color. There doesnt
    seem to be a pattern to this either.

Also, i have multiple calendars, one for work, one of school, one for private etc. and use that system to color code my events and schedule. Now if one cal is colored blue another gre and another red, what happens is that in each of those some events will
    either be solid blue and some blue outlines, some solid grey and some grey outlines, some solid red and some red outlines. this just makes for an unorganized and unappealing cal app.

so yes any help would be appreciated

thank you

KPST92, Aug 21, 2016
  4. Barnack Win User

Just one note: the only fact that you don't like it doesn't necessairly imply that it's "stupid". It's an "on focus" reminder. Not much stupid. Just say "that blue outline i don't like" instead *Wink
    Just consider the fact that also non-Microsoft Java FX by default uses the on focus outline...

Anyway i'm experiencing the same with internet explorer's search bar. But it's limited to IE. It doesn't happen for example in notepad. So i think we are experiencing different issues

Barnack, Aug 22, 2016
  5. dtoxic Win User
    hmmm just a wild guess here maybe some of the Accessibility options are enabled?

dtoxic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Removing the BLUE outline on just about everything in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Removing BLUE outline

2. Text is blurry and shows just the outline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text is blurry and shows just the outline: I have windows 10 22h2 and i have had issues with text in some apps. I don't know what to do. I don't want to have to reset my PC. I will send a few screenshots of these errors i have. An example of text being blurry is in the phone link appAn example of text having no fill...
  3. Text is blurry and shows just the outline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text is blurry and shows just the outline: I have windows 10 22h2 and i have had issues with text in some apps. I don't know what to do. I don't want to have to reset my PC. I will send a few screenshots of these errors i have. An example of text being blurry is in the phone link appAn example of text having no fill...
  4. blue outline on all apps in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    blue outline on all apps in windows 10: Whenever I open an app it has a blue outline on it and most text in the explorer is almost unreadable. I have tried pressing caps lock and escape and turning off narrator and nothing has worked. How do I fix this?[ATTACH]...
  5. Blue outline on everything I click, and it has nothing to do with Narrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue outline on everything I click, and it has nothing to do with Narrator: I am on a thinkpad x1, which does not have a Caps lockcaps lock is just tapping shift twice in a row and I have disabled narrator. I have checked many online threads on how to get rid of this blue outline, however every single one of them talks about narrator, which is not on...
  6. How to remove the square outline?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remove the square outline?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/unaltra_persona [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gr7lxf/how_to_remove_the_square_outline/
  7. Is my understanding about 'remove everything' clear?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is my understanding about 'remove everything' clear?: So, it cleans the whole partition where the OS exists(EXCEPT the files that related to the remove everything function itself) and then the fresh copy of the OS is reinstalled? submitted by /u/NiceScents [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 Will Not Activate; I've tried just about everything!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Will Not Activate; I've tried just about everything!: I bought a Dell Laptop used from my brother. He assures me there was no hardware change and Windows came preinstalled on the device. Besides normal updates he can't recall downloading any windows. I've had it over a year then suddenly it says it's no longer activated. It...
  9. Remove selection outline Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove selection outline Windows 10: [img] Can I remove this selection outline? Whenever I have selected anything and click anywhere else, the outline stays on the folder. I'd like to remove this feature. Thanks! 141291
  10. Is it possible to remove outlines in every window?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to remove outlines in every window?: Is that I have always been there and lately I find the small blue lines very annoying and useless (in my case) I have looked for some option to deactivate and I can not find anything. [ATTACH] It appears when you select an app/window/program/document. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 blue outline

2. Removing the BLUE outline on just about everything in Windows 10