Windows 10: Removing the box next to the sound level in Win10

Discus and support Removing the box next to the sound level in Win10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When you change your volume while watching something, a second box comes up next to the volume level box. It has media control buttons and a thumbnail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lightly, Nov 20, 2019.

1. lightly Win User

Removing the box next to the sound level in Win10

When you change your volume while watching something, a second box comes up next to the volume level box. It has media control buttons and a thumbnail of the thing you're watching. How can you get rid of this? It's pretty disruptive because it blocks your view of the video whenever you change your volume, and it stays there for a few seconds afterwards. I've added a screencap of what box I'm talking about

I realise there probably isn't an option to turn it off, so is it possible to stop it from appearing by changing some configurations?

:)

lightly, Nov 20, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Is there a way to always start the computer at the same sounds level

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the Steps below and check if that helps.

• Right click on the Sound icon on the Taskbar.
    • Click on Sound and Select Playback tab.
    • Right Click on Speakers and Select
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and adjust the sound level as per your requirement and click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer and check if the sound level remains same.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Nov 20, 2019
  3. lightly Win User

When you change your volume while watching something, a second box comes up next to the volume level box. It has media control buttons and a thumbnail of the thing you're watching. How can you get rid of this? It's pretty disruptive because it blocks your view of the video whenever you change your volume, and it stays there for a few seconds afterwards. I've added a screencap of what box I'm talking about

I realise there probably isn't an option to turn it off, so is it possible to stop it from appearing by changing some configurations?

lightly, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Removing the box next to the sound level in Win10

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Removing the box next to the sound level in Win10 - Similar Threads - Removing box next

2. sound level on the sound system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound level on the sound system: The system sound on my laptop cannot be changed directly, if the sound is made to zero then the sound is off, and if louder has same sound level . sound must customized from settings of the running application....
  3. sound level on the sound system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound level on the sound system: The system sound on my laptop cannot be changed directly, if the sound is made to zero then the sound is off, and if louder has same sound level . sound must customized from settings of the running application....
  4. Weird sound level

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird sound level: [ATTACH] Hello there, I have a weird thing on my computer and wondered if anyone has ever seen that. It make the headset sound not increase in a straight line, but more like a parable. So when the sound is not 100%, it is greatly reduced. Sound level at 92 Sound...
  5. Big black box next to volume panel, how to remove?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Big black box next to volume panel, how to remove?: Whenever there is audio playing, there is this extra black box next to the volume with the info of the source of audio, how do I get rid of that? Note, I am using a browser called Opera.[IMG] Note,...
  6. Removing the box next to the sound level in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing the box next to the sound level in Win10: When you change your volume while watching something, a second box comes up next to the volume level box. It has media control buttons and a thumbnail of the thing you're watching. How can you get rid of this? It's pretty disruptive because it blocks your view of the video...
  7. Problem with address box next to names

Problem with address box next to names: In the Windows address list I used to be able to check off boxes of addressee's so I could forward in groups but now the boxes next to names no longer exist so I have to insert individual names to forward messages. Any suggestions on how to bring that feature back?...
  8. sound level of adverts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound level of adverts: Why is it that those adverts MS is pushing have such high volume levels? Or is that just another devious way to try to get people pay for what always has been a free game.... I have adjusted the sound levels of my games, programmes etc so that they are just like I want them...
  9. sound levels

sound levels: I have been using Windows 8 for four years with great sound. We changed to Windows 10 recently and since then the sound levels are pathetic, really low. Both on headphones and without them. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop. Anyone have some input? Thanks, biddy...
  10. Soon™: The next Level......10.0.10587.th2

in Windows 10 News
    Soon™: The next Level......10.0.10587.th2: Soon™: The next Level......10.0.10587.th2 *Wink [img] 10.0.10587.0.th2.151111-1718 46049