Windows 10: Removing the OEM license

Discus and support Removing the OEM license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a Windows 10 DVD which had an OEM license. What is the procedure for removing the key from my current laptop and reactivating it in my another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AmanKumar_555, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Removing the OEM license

I bought a Windows 10 DVD which had an OEM license. What is the procedure for removing the key from my current laptop and reactivating it in my another laptop?

:)

AmanKumar_555, Feb 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 OEM Licensing

Hi

I have a few questions about windows 10 OEM licensing:

1. Is OEM licensing acceptable for business use?
    2. What restrictions does OEM licensing have other than the transfer rights?
    3. Can the OS be reloaded without breaching the license agreement, and if so, can I also replace the HDD with an SSD?
    4. What other hardware upgrades can be done under OEM licensing?
    5. What would be a breach of OEM licensing?
    6. What benefits would a business get if they move to Microsoft 365 vs OEM?
    Thanks in advace

Adriaan Rautenbach, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Xalorous Win User
    Can I run virtual windows with my OEM license?

1. Backup your Windows installation.
    2. Uninstall Windows from your hard drive.
    3. Install Windows in a VM.
    4. Ensure the Windows installation has internet access.
    5. Attempt to activate the installation. You may need to call Microsoft to complete this step over the phone.

If they ask you why your are re-activating, tell them you have removed the old installation and changed your system configuration and that you are now reinstalling. (All true.)

Don't volunteer that the Windows 7 key is OEM. Your Windows 10 entitlement may or may not be marked as originating from OEM. If they say that it is OEM and that you cannot use it to activate, then you know. Say thanks and end the call. Restore your backup from step 1 and stick with dual boot, or purchase a copy of Windows 10 and activate yours that way.

Of course, you could always install Hyper-V component of Windows 10 and run your Linux inside. No licensing issues that way. And it may be installed and running by default.

Also, before step 2, you might try to find some sort of P2V solution. This basically takes an 'image' of your physical system and converts it to a virtual machine. VirtualBox wiki article. This may trigger a reactivation due to the significant change in the HAL (hardware abstraction layer).

Xalorous, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Removing the OEM license

Oem and retail license

Hi,

You may look at envelope and its content. Boxes have USB inside. OEM - DVD.

If you are suggested to buy OEM with electronic delivery, this highly likely is spoofing.

There are to classes OEM - DOEM (Direct OEM) and ordinary OEM.

The first is a large bunch of licenses Microsoft sells to large computer producers - HP, ASUS and so on. Such licenses will no distributed separately, only with computers.

An ordinary OEM is a cardboard package with installer's license sticked on it. Can you imagine a way to download it? I can't.

Igor Leyko, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Removing the OEM license

1. Removing the OEM license - Similar Threads - Removing OEM license

2. Licensing OEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Licensing OEM: Hey guys. I have a question and needed your support. I bought 40 computers with Windows 10 OEM from my company and I need to update Windows 10 to Windows 11, is it legal to update the operating system version so that there are no legal problems with MSFT? Thank you for your...
  3. Licensing OEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Licensing OEM: Hey guys. I have a question and needed your support. I bought 40 computers with Windows 10 OEM from my company and I need to update Windows 10 to Windows 11, is it legal to update the operating system version so that there are no legal problems with MSFT? Thank you for your...
  4. does remove upgrade license still retain OEM license ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    does remove upgrade license still retain OEM license ?: Is it possible to remove Upgrade license from Computer A without losing its OEM license?I need to use Windows 10 Pro which is an upgrade license as Virtual Machine in another Computer B; does using Windows 10 Pro upgrade license as Virtual Machine make Computer A lose its OEM...
  5. does remove upgrade license still retain OEM license ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does remove upgrade license still retain OEM license ?: Is it possible to remove Upgrade license from Computer A without losing its OEM license?I need to use Windows 10 Pro which is an upgrade license as Virtual Machine in another Computer B; does using Windows 10 Pro upgrade license as Virtual Machine make Computer A lose its OEM...
  6. does remove upgrade license still retain OEM license ?

7. Remove OEM license and replace by Retail license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove OEM license and replace by Retail license: I want to remove OEM license and replace by retail license. The reason is I'm a vendor who sells `Computer Desktop` and `Laptop` to customer. Those Computer Desktops and Laptops have OEM license but my customer just want retail license only for financial reason. So I need to...
  8. Remove OEM license and replace by Retail license

Remove OEM license and replace by Retail license: I want to remove OEM license and replace by retail license. The reason is I'm a vendor who sells `Computer Desktop` and `Laptop` to customer. Those Computer Desktops and Laptops have OEM license but my customer just want retail license only for financial reason. So I need to...
  9. OEM License

in Windows 10 Support
    OEM License: I bought an OEM win 10 for my new self built pc, I wish to know in order to keep my OEM win 10 valid which parts cannot change ? Can i change cpu, rams, graphics card and sound card ? If i am not wrong only the motherboard cannot change ? 169777
  10. OEM License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM License: Hi, I bought a windows 7 Home Edition retail version long time ago. I got upgraded for free to windows 10 when it came out. Now, I bought a new computer and I was able to transfer my license from my old computer to the new one. I found an OEM pro version for sale on...