Windows 10: Removing the previous employee from computer

Discus and support Removing the previous employee from computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm working on the same computer as a previous employee. I've moved all of her files to an external drive and exported her email to a .pst file. Now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JanetAbel, Jul 25, 2019.

1. JanetAbel Win User

Removing the previous employee from computer

I'm working on the same computer as a previous employee. I've moved all of her files to an external drive and exported her email to a .pst file. Now, I want to completely remove her. She and I both have Office 365 accounts and I don't want her to lose her data but I need to get her off of this computer.

:)

JanetAbel, Jul 25, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jul 25, 2019
  3. An email set up was deleted... How do I removed it from my Computer?

Hi,

I suggest you to log into account.microsoft.com and check whether the account is listed there.

I also suggest you to follow the steps below to remove the account and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +R to open run command.
    • Type netplwiz.
    • In the dialogue box that appears. Select the account that you wish to remove.
    • Select remove.
    Please post back if you need further assistance, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jul 25, 2019
  4. Removing the previous employee from computer

reverting to previous build/version

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

• When the computer did froze? Is it when you tried to roll back?
    • Did you receive any error message?
    I suggest you to remove all the external devices plugged in to the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue. If the issue persists, please restart the computer and check whether it rolled back or not. If it loads Windows 10,
    I suggest you to download the latest ISO of Windows 10 and perform automatic repair.

Download Windows 10

Steps to perform repair:

a) Insert the installation DVD or USB
    and boot Windows 8 from it.

b) In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

c) Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

d) Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

If you really would like to rollback, I suggest you to refer the below article on How to go back to the previous operating system (Windows 7/8.1) from Windows 10.

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 23rd, 2015

How to recover a previous build(s) or your original version of Windows using the Recovery or Rollback feature - Revised July 22nd, 2018

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy

to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

Removing the previous employee from computer

1. Removing the previous employee from computer - Similar Threads - Removing previous employee

2. Setting up an employee's computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up an employee's computer: I am trying to set up a new laptop which has Windows 11 for a new employee. I don't want to use my or their personal Microsoft account but I cannot set it up with a work account as the primary account. How can I register this as an organization computer with an employee as...
  3. Setting up an employee's computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up an employee's computer: I am trying to set up a new laptop which has Windows 11 for a new employee. I don't want to use my or their personal Microsoft account but I cannot set it up with a work account as the primary account. How can I register this as an organization computer with an employee as...
  4. Remove an unknown PIN set by a former employee

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove an unknown PIN set by a former employee: A former employee resigned without removing or leaving a list of account passwords as we had requested. Today, the office computer did an automatic update. When it restarted, it required a PIN to log in, with the former employee’s personal mobile phone set to get the...
  5. Employee

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Employee: Is Andrew Herbert MIC4055 an employee of Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/employee/a026ef3a-065a-4d1f-8f16-5d5a6e1ac767
  6. Reset Employee Computer With Lost Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Employee Computer With Lost Password: Have an old computer for an employee long gone. We want to use it again, but don't have the password. Don't care about the data just want a factory reset. I figured out how to do that, but I get this error. "there was a problem resetting your pc no changes were made"....
  7. Removing Licenses from previous computers From Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Removing Licenses from previous computers From Microsoft account.: Hello, I've just recently finished an updated computer build in which I changed everything except for the GPU and Hard Disks I was using, and upon Windows 10 Pro install I am unable to activate Windows as the license I purchased has been utilized too many times, that being...
  8. remove previous owners account from device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remove previous owners account from device: hi community i purchased my second-hand laptop from a friend of a friend and i no longer have and cannot presently contact with the seller. I am trying to add my Microsoft account to the device but unfortunately the account belonging to the previous owner is still present....
  9. will upgrading to 64 bit OS remove previous users from the computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    will upgrading to 64 bit OS remove previous users from the computer?: hey i am pretty sure that upgrading to 64 bit OS will remove all the data from local disk c but i was wondering if i upgraded from 32 bit to 64 bit , will that remove previous users from the computer?(my computer has more than one)....
  10. Bugs from previous computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bugs from previous computer: I bought a new computer with what I thought was the best antivirus I could get. I had a double check in system and a unknown person was still able to get in and change my setting along with adding a keylogger. I bought 2 more computers and got rid of the computer with XP...