Windows 10: Removing the primary User and adding another

Discus and support Removing the primary User and adding another in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I bought my wife a new notebook and I am configuring her previous system. I want to remove her User name and all associated data, and add my name as... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by PapaRuss80, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Removing the primary User and adding another

I bought my wife a new notebook and I am configuring her previous system. I want to remove her User name and all associated data, and add my name as the primary User. I cannot just do a rename, for that does not work. How do I do this properly?

:)

PapaRuss80, Mar 3, 2019

2. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Removing the primary User and adding another 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Louie Del Win User

Removing the primary User and adding another

Adding User Errors

Hi,

The error message that you’ve encountered can be caused by an invalid or corrupted registry keys. You may also get the same error when your computer shuts down
    unexpectedly. To learn more about your concern with adding a user, we’d like to ask the following questions:

• Are you also getting the error when you add a user?
    • Were there any changes or updates made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so for to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool. This will scan and restore the corrupted system files on your device. Check this
    article
    for the steps.

We’ll wait for your response.

Louie Del, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Removing the primary User and adding another

1. Removing the primary User and adding another - Similar Threads - Removing primary User

2. Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory: Hi Everyone, Can any one help me here!!There any option on the Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory??Regards Praveen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-ad-users-to-another-domain-in-active/9599c5ef-6840-44e6-a2b2-4eb7649fb3a2
  3. Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory: Hi Everyone, Can any one help me here!!There any option on the Move AD Users to another domain in Active Directory??Regards Praveen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-ad-users-to-another-domain-in-active/9599c5ef-6840-44e6-a2b2-4eb7649fb3a2
  4. Changing primary user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing primary user: I want to delete my current Microsoft account (privacy issues) but it is currently being used as the primary user on my desktop. How do I go about removing this account and adding a new one while not losing any of my settings/data? submitted by /u/freshiii_ [link]...
  5. Adding Another User to MY PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Another User to MY PC: I cannot add someone else as a user to my pc. When I click on the add another user icon a screen pops up and then disappears. Why can't I add a user to my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-another-user-to-my-pc/d2d23cf6-041d-467d-b93f-a90bc033aa0d
  6. Added another user as a family member and then removed. Unable to add user instead as...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Added another user as a family member and then removed. Unable to add user instead as...: As the administrative user, I successfully added someone as a family member to the PC. I however removed them as a family member, and then attempted to add them as "Other users" instead, but am getting the error message below: Something went wrong [user] has already been...
  7. Removing my user from another PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing my user from another PC: Hello I wanted to share a folder on my hard drive from my PC, and I logged on with my credentials from the other PC in the network. Now the other PC can acces my files on my HDD, connect to me via Remote Desktop, and I dont want this The question is: How can I remove my...
  8. Adding another PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding another PC: Now I have 4 kids at home, one of them doesn't have powerpoint on their laptop. Can my subscription cover another laptop? Penny. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-another-pc/b7c7dcca-122e-458f-ab48-17d20136bc41
  9. Adding Authenticated Users to Another Group

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding Authenticated Users to Another Group: Hi, Need help in adding "Authenticated Users" group to group(Docker-Users) created by Application "Docker for Windows" through Powershell. Platform: Windows 10 Machine is in Domain. While trying to add, we needed to change Scope to Local Machine for Authenticated Users...
  10. Remove Admin user and replace with another person

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove Admin user and replace with another person: I installed Win10 on a new Dell laptop (not all Dells are shipping with 10 installed) for a friend and made the wrong person the administrator. His wife is not happy. *Sad How to I remove him completely as the admin and make her the administrator and only user? Thanks in...