Windows 10: Removing traces of Miracast connection

Discus and support Removing traces of Miracast connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an hp laptop with W10. Local Battlefield 2 LAN games worked fine with my W7 desktop until I setup and used Miracast with my W10 laptop and TV.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by joehimself, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Removing traces of Miracast connection

I have an hp laptop with W10. Local Battlefield 2 LAN games worked fine with my W7 desktop until I setup and used Miracast with my W10 laptop and TV. Now, If I serve the Bf2 game from the W10 laptop then all is fine but the W10 laptop can't find the game when the W7 desktop is the server. I can't create an online account in Bf2 because the game can't find the connection.

All other LAN and Internet connections work on both computers. I have static IPs and have tested with no antivirus and no firewall. I have re-installed Bf2.

After a couple hours searching, I found a comment that claimed Bf2 has trouble when there is more than one outside connection to choose from. I removed from W10 Settings/Devices all TV connections but that didn't solve the problem.

Are there registry entries where I can verify that all Miracast connections are gone? Do you have any suggestions that might help me?

Thank you,
    Joe

:)

joehimself, Sep 14, 2020

2. Miracast Windows 10 dxDiag "not Available"

Let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer of Miracast. To contact the manufacturer, please follow the steps below:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Sep 14, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Does Miracast support 4K?

Hello,

We suggest that you check with the manufacturer of the 4k display device that you are using if it is certified to work with Miracast. If your display device is certified to work with Miracast, then check if your PC device supports Miracast. You may do so
    by following the steps below:

• Click Start, then go to Settings >
      Projecting to this PC
    • Check if your device supports Miracast.

Regards.

David Haz, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Removing traces of Miracast connection

miracast

Hi there Alainpraet!

Step 1: If your TV comes with built-in Miracast support, then turn it On. ...

Step 2: Now on your Windows PC, navigate to Start -> Settings -> Devices -> Connected Devices.

Step 3: Click on 'Add a Device' and wait for the adapter to appear in the list.

Now try to connect.

SonGoku'sSon, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Removing traces of Miracast connection

1. Removing traces of Miracast connection - Similar Threads - Removing traces Miracast

2. Miracast Connection difficulty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast Connection difficulty: I am using a Dell XPS-13-9310 running Windows 10. I am trying to use Miracast to a Roku TV. My computer indicates that: " Miracast: Available, with HDCP" but "Miracast: Not Supported by Graphics driver". When I try to connect from my laptop to TV my laptop sees the TV but...
  3. Miracast Connection difficulty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast Connection difficulty: I am using a Dell XPS-13-9310 running Windows 10. I am trying to use Miracast to a Roku TV. My computer indicates that: " Miracast: Available, with HDCP" but "Miracast: Not Supported by Graphics driver". When I try to connect from my laptop to TV my laptop sees the TV but...
  4. Miracast - Connect to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast - Connect to a wireless display: Hi These are Miracast requirements:Graphics driver must support Windows Display Driver Model WDDM 1.3 with Miracast supportWi-Fi driver must support Network Driver Interface Specification NDIS 6.30 and Wi-Fi DirectWindows 8.1 or Windows 10My question:How do i check if my w10...
  5. Miracast - Connect to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast - Connect to a wireless display: Hi These are Miracast requirements:Graphics driver must support Windows Display Driver Model WDDM 1.3 with Miracast supportWi-Fi driver must support Network Driver Interface Specification NDIS 6.30 and Wi-Fi DirectWindows 8.1 or Windows 10My question:How do i check if my w10...
  6. Miracast - Connect to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. No trace of connected headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No trace of connected headset: Hello guys! I bought a new Asus laptop and it's working fine. Recentlythat is 2 days before, when I connected my headset, there is no trace that it is connected. I tried all the possible solutions available in the internet, ie., [Note: All the screenshots are taken when...
  8. Miracast Connectivity Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Miracast Connectivity Issue: Hi so i have problem with " project to this pc" feature. After i make changes to the setting to make it available my phone can detect it but when i try to cast it only gives me pin code even though the pin options is off. And it took long time buffer sign and its gone from my...
  9. miracast fails to connect...again!

miracast fails to connect...again!: Miracast was working on my lenovo yoga 370, now in the last few days it isn't. Samsung and HTC phones do it fine, using a Telstra roku 2 device. Telstra forum is telling me I need to speak to my miracast app supplier, but it's part of win 10, so that means you guys....
  10. Can't connect to Miracast

Can't connect to Miracast: Hello, i just upgraded to Windows 10 so i can connect to Miracast on my LG Smart TV. Whenever i try to connect my tv, it's either my wifi disconnected or my monitor sleeps then turns on again. I checked if my PC supports Miracast & it says it's available, I know the...