Windows 10: removing ubuntu and re-installing windows 10

Discus and support removing ubuntu and re-installing windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried to get ubuntu to work on this hp laptop but the wifi adapter is not compatible and I can't get it to work, so I'm trading laptops with my dad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_datalore_, Jun 4, 2020.

1. removing ubuntu and re-installing windows 10

I tried to get ubuntu to work on this hp laptop but the wifi adapter is not compatible and I can't get it to work, so I'm trading laptops with my dad so I can have a proper ubuntu installation and have to re-install windows 10, but I'm having a lot of trouble. so far...

1. I created a windows 10 bootable usb following the instructions from the microsoft site
    2. same as when I installed ubuntu, I inserted the usb and...I got a black screen. I can't even open the boot menu with the usb inserted. a couple of times it actually booted from the usb but when I got to the "install windows" page it said there was nothing on the usb to boot from (unfortunately I didn't get a screenshot).
    3. I went into the boot menu without the usb inserted but I'm not even sure what I can do because usually I've had to have the installation media inserted to change the boot order?
    4. I made sure the windows usb works by checking it on my windows laptop and it seems fine.

I haven't found much up-to-date info on this except tutorials on how to dual-boot starting from ubuntu like this one but everything I have found suggests I can't install windows directly from ubuntu. so what can I do then? If I get windows up with the dual-boot instructions can I just delete the partition that contains ubuntu?

submitted by /u/_datalore_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_datalore_, Jun 4, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

removing ubuntu and re-installing windows 10

Delta6326, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

removing ubuntu and re-installing windows 10

1. removing ubuntu and re-installing windows 10 - Similar Threads - removing ubuntu installing

2. Windows 10 re-installation alongside Ubuntu after accidentally deleting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 re-installation alongside Ubuntu after accidentally deleting it: I recently installed ubuntu linux from a usb flash drive. I did create a seperate partition for the installation of ubuntu, however the installation was performed on the ssd containing windows 10. When I reboot, I still have the windows 10 boot option in the choices, but it...
  3. Windows 10 re-installation alongside Ubuntu after accidentally deleting it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 re-installation alongside Ubuntu after accidentally deleting it: I recently installed ubuntu linux from a usb flash drive. I did create a seperate partition for the installation of ubuntu, however the installation was performed on the ssd containing windows 10. When I reboot, I still have the windows 10 boot option in the choices, but it...
  4. Windows 10 re-installation alongside Ubuntu after accidentally deleting it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Remove Ubuntu and install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove Ubuntu and install Windows 10: I have a Dell laptop that came with Windows 10, I have completely removed Windows 10 and installed Ubuntu. Now I would like to install Windows 10 back. I have created a bootable USB with Windows 10.However during the Windows installation setup, I cannot select a partition to...
  6. Removed Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removed Ubuntu: I recently removed ubuntu 20.04 lts from my ASUS by just cleaning it out by using disk management and merged the leftover space with my E:\ drive but my bootloader still shows ubuntu and when I clicked on it showed me "grub>" why?...
  7. Remove prior ubuntu install

Remove prior ubuntu install: Question for the gurus out there. I recently "upgraded" to the latest MS version of ubuntu 18.04 from the app store. I tried to do an upgrade from 14.04, and it failed miserably. Now, however, I have two versions and apparently, the 14.04 version is the "default, though I...
  8. Removing Ubuntu and Installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing Ubuntu and Installing Windows 10: I used to have Windows 10 on my laptop (HP) and it got screwy so I wiped the hard drive and installed Ubuntu 18.04. Ubuntu is super cool and all, but there are many programs I can't use with it (mostly music related), so I got a live USB with Windows 10 on it, but I can't...
  9. Help with removing Ubuntu 18.4.3 and re-install Windows 10

Help with removing Ubuntu 18.4.3 and re-install Windows 10: Like the title says i need to remove ubuntu and i already used a windows 10 media creation tool to create a usb installation tool. However during the process i get a error saying a drive partition is missing. But for some reason the setup is not detecting my main hard drive....
  10. Re-installing Windows 10 over Ubuntu

Re-installing Windows 10 over Ubuntu: A friend of mine installed Ubuntu 14.04 on my laptop because he thought it would make it faster but I have almost know knowledge of the operating system so its been pretty horrible. I made a boot USB drive using the windows media creation tool and set my toshiba's boot system...