Windows 10: removing unneeded apps that came with Windows 10

Discus and support removing unneeded apps that came with Windows 10 in Cortana to solve the problem; How do I remove the XBOX apps that came pre-installed, since I do not and never will use them. Also, how do I remove the useless, pointless spyware... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by homey16, Sep 21, 2019.

1. homey16 Win User

removing unneeded apps that came with Windows 10

How do I remove the XBOX apps that came pre-installed, since I do not and never will use them. Also, how do I remove the useless, pointless spyware called Cortana?

:)

homey16, Sep 21, 2019
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Apps (Mail, Calendar, Store) are gone, cannot be registered

Hello Remy,

As you have performed most of the troubleshooting steps, let us
    try to reset the PC by choosing Keep my files, this will:

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.
    • Removes apps and drivers you installed.
    • Removes changes you made to settings.
    • Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled).
    I suggest you to refer to the article suggested above.

Disclaimer: All of your settings will be reset. All apps that you installed will be removed. Only apps that came with your PC will be reinstalled.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Sep 21, 2019
  4. removing unneeded apps that came with Windows 10

Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

removing unneeded apps that came with Windows 10

1. removing unneeded apps that came with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - removing unneeded apps

2. deleting unneeded apps, programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleting unneeded apps, programs: Want to 'lighten the load' by deleting stuff i don't need/want/use. Seem to have a million apps,programs & don't understand what to keep/delete. How do I do this without deleting something I want. I'm no expert, obviously, but hope someone can give me some help. Thanks much !...
  3. deleting unneeded apps, programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleting unneeded apps, programs: Want to 'lighten the load' by deleting stuff i don't need/want/use. Seem to have a million apps,programs & don't understand what to keep/delete. How do I do this without deleting something I want. I'm no expert, obviously, but hope someone can give me some help. Thanks much !...
  4. Can't remove unneeded languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't remove unneeded languages: Hello, I have been trying to remove the German and English Zimbabwe languages from my keyboard input, but I cant find where. I've tried several suggestions that I found on this website but nothing worked. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  5. Removing various unneeded applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing various unneeded applications: After scouring the net - I notice there is no way to remove some of the more pointless features in Windows 10. Why is this ? I do not need/use skype/meet now or any of that pointless rubbish. I do not use the Microsoft Store. In fact, I don't even need the terrible...
  6. Mail app that came with Windows 10 location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail app that came with Windows 10 location: I got a new PC with Windows 10 and I was wondering where the .exe location is for the Mail app that came with the PC is at so I can add a shortcut of it to my start up folder. Thank you....
  7. Any Game Opimisation Apps That Will Disable Unneeded Services?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any Game Opimisation Apps That Will Disable Unneeded Services?: Does anybody know of an app that will disable all the windows services not needed when gaming, then enable them again when you say so? I use my machine as a workstation and also gaming rig. 138881
  8. Reset Window 10 completely (even remove the apps came with the laptop)?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset Window 10 completely (even remove the apps came with the laptop)?: As the subject said, I would like to freshly install Window 10 on my laptop just like it was manually built without all the crappy apps that come from the manufacturer. I searched the Internet for a while but all it came up is the same factory reset method which still...
  9. How to remove a Windows 10 unneeded security on startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a Windows 10 unneeded security on startup.: On the PC I am using on startup I get a pretty picture as do we all, however when Windows 10 self installed it self on on this PC I had no option but to keep it and learn how to live with it. The picture that indicates almost ready to go, with Welcom and a Name that in past...
  10. Deleting or removing unneeded printer updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleting or removing unneeded printer updates: I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 right after Win10 was released and, when I was trying to attach my HP 5740 Wifi printer using the driver cd, two updates appeared in the Windows Update dialog that will not install, nor can I remove them. Is there a way to get rid of...