Windows 10: Removing unused user accounts

Discus and support Removing unused user accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I created an extra account on my computer to help solve a Windows 10 problem, on the advice of someone at MS or in the MS Community. The problem is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Daniel Tamsky, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Removing unused user accounts

I created an extra account on my computer to help solve a Windows 10 problem, on the advice of someone at MS or in the MS Community. The problem is gone, but the extra account remains. We didn't discuss how to delete the account, but it appears in File Manager but not under User Accounts on Control Panel.

The only account listed under User Accounts has my name and has Administrator rights.

How do I remove the other account that appears in File Manager? I don't think it has any files that I want to save.

:)

Daniel Tamsky, Feb 26, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 26, 2019
  3. trying to remove user account

Hi Jack,

Deleting a user account in a Windows device can be done by an administrator. Before removing the user account, make sure that you are using an administrator account to avoid errors.

Follow these steps to remove a user account in your computer:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Click on User Accounts and then Select User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage User Accounts.
    • Choose the account that you want to delete.
    • Click on Delete the account.
    • Choose if you want to keep the files or delete the files in the user account that you'll be removing.
    • Click on Delete Account button to complete the process.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Removing unused user accounts

remove a user account

Hello,

If you want to delete local user account on your Windows 10 computer, you can follow the steps below:

Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer:

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first.

Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on Account, click on Family and other users.
    • Select the user you want to delete under Other users and click on
      Remove.
    • Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.
    • Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete an account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

OR
    Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net user and hit Enter to list the user accounts on your device.
    • Type net user "User account " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Meanwhile, if you wish to add a family member to your Microsoft family, there are a few ways you can do that. You can follow the steps in this article:

Set up your family

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to share them with us here. Your input is very much welcome in our Community.

Michelle Vil, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Removing unused user accounts

1. Removing unused user accounts - Similar Threads - Removing unused user

2. Account unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account unusable: So I wanted to install a software.. And I needed direct x runtime but I need admin this is an school computer so I screwed around and accidentally made my account useless I can't do anything and when I restareded my PC and logged in it said that I couldn't log in so now I'm...
  3. Unusable account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unusable account: I am the administrator and I recently set up an email for my child. But when she logs in to her account on her laptop the screen is white and stays like that. It is still white and you can't use her account at all. How can I stop this?...
  4. Remove user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove user account: How do I remove an account without the being an administrator I accidentally created a child account and gave them administrator privileges and removed mine. Every thing I've tried or been assisted in requires administrative command privileges. What do I do?...
  5. Is it safe to remove my unused user folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it safe to remove my unused user folder?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Getta537 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3cbwj/is_it_safe_to_remove_my_unused_user_folder/
  6. Remove User accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove User accounts: I have two user accounts I would like to delete-- Administrator and guest. When I go through the process in setting etc. these accounts do not show up. So I can not delete them. There must be another way to do this. Bottom line is I can add accounts but there is not a easy...
  7. Removing unused account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing unused account: I asked this Q in Office365 forum they said its a W10 issue so post here instead. : I keep getting messages to fix my password and log in to company Office 365. I left the company some time ago, and using my own Office 365 ....... Under Settings > Email & Accounts it...
  8. remove unused additional account without acces

remove unused additional account without acces: Hi, I have on my private computer an old company windows account. I do not have the password anymore as I left the company. I cannot delete this account without logging in. I was looking into this but;...
  9. Removing Unusable Accounts from "Insider Win10"

Removing Unusable Accounts from "Insider Win10": Dear MSCA I would like to know why there are no tools to remove accounts from the settings window and where are these tools? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-unusable-accounts-from-insider-win10/8080a5c5-14b1-452a-bf8f-c74102df452d
  10. Skype Removing old unused accounts

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Removing old unused accounts: At Skype, we take account security and safety very seriously. Periodically, we review old unused accounts and remove them to prevent them falling in wrong hands and to prevent possible misuse. Over the next few weeks, we will be removing some accounts which were created...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 remove old unused local accounts

2. how to remove unused local accounts