Windows 10: Removing unwanted apps from Context menu New section

Discus and support Removing unwanted apps from Context menu New section in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How is it possible to delete non-system items from the context menu? As an example, I am referring to the collection of shortcuts of Libre Office and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ineuw, Jul 13, 2020.

1. ineuw Win User

Removing unwanted apps from Context menu New section

How is it possible to delete non-system items from the context menu? As an example, I am referring to the collection of shortcuts of Libre Office and some other apps.

:)

ineuw, Jul 13, 2020
  2. mades Win User

How to remove item from Context Menu (after app removed)

It's not in the open with context menu (tried the steps from the link just to see, but no it's not in there). The app from the context menu is in the first layer, the one when you right click on an item and you have "scan with..." or "edit with notepad++" etc.

mades, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Necrofire Win User
    CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

Removing unwanted apps from Context menu New section ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

Removing unwanted apps from Context menu New section ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile Removing unwanted apps from Context menu New section :)

Necrofire, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Remove Play with Windows Media Player Context Menu in Windows 10  

Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Step 1. Open with > choose another app

Removing unwanted apps from Context menu New section [​IMG]

Step 2, click More apps

Step 3. scroll down to the bottom of the list to find Look for another app on this PC

Step 4. browse and find Windows Media Player wmplayer.exe then click Open

Thema:

1. Removing unwanted apps from Context menu New section - Similar Threads - Removing unwanted apps

2. "New" context menu filled with unwanted items from UWP apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "New" context menu filled with unwanted items from UWP apps: I've recently installed WPS Office from Microsoft Store and it filled the "New" section of File Explorer's context menu with bunch of unwanted files types. I tried using NewShellHandler and NewShellSettings to remove those items, however both don't report those file types...
  3. "New" context menu filled with unwanted items from UWP apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "New" context menu filled with unwanted items from UWP apps: I've recently installed WPS Office from Microsoft Store and it filled the "New" section of File Explorer's context menu with bunch of unwanted files types. I tried using NewShellHandler and NewShellSettings to remove those items, however both don't report those file types...
  4. Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu: I am looking for a way to remove the Print and Edit commands from the context menu when I right click on photos. I never use either and I already have a lot of items in the menu. Hopefully the screenshot is attached right. It shows you the top of my context menu with the two...
  5. Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu: I am looking for a way to remove the Print and Edit commands from the context menu when I right click on photos. I never use either and I already have a lot of items in the menu. Hopefully the screenshot is attached right. It shows you the top of my context menu with the two...
  6. Unwanted Context menu item

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted Context menu item: Hello to everybody! I would like some help with a Context menu item that I can't get rid of. Since I tried an application (Master PDF Editor 5), the item ''Open with Master PDF Editor 5'' has been added to the Context menu. When I right click on a pdf file, I see this item...
  7. How to remove item from Context Menu (after app removed)

How to remove item from Context Menu (after app removed): Using Using Windows 10 Home, and I had a software installed. Then, when I tried it out, I didn't like it so I uninstalled it. But now, it still appears in the context menu for some reason. I tried to see if I could remove it either manually via Windows, or using some tools...
  8. How to remove item from Context Menu (after app removed)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove item from Context Menu (after app removed): Using Using Windows 10 Home, and I had a software installed. Then, when I tried it out, I didn't like it so I uninstalled it. But now, it still appears in the context menu for some reason. I tried to see if I could remove it either manually via Windows, or using some tools...
  9. remove OneDrive options from context menu

remove OneDrive options from context menu: [ATTACH] how do i remove onedrive options from this context menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-onedrive-options-from-context-menu/a3938520-a49d-401e-a5a6-29e6f01f5a26
  10. Remove from context menu

Remove from context menu: Brink has posted a number of tutorials for removing specific program entries from the context menu. The screen shot is my current CM, showing two entries I'd like to get rid of. Is there a general method or places in the registry to look for? [img] 107356