Windows 10: Removing unwanted keyboard when the language which is not in the win language pack

Discus and support Removing unwanted keyboard when the language which is not in the win language pack in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please do not ask me how that happen - my 7yo son was usingthe pc and after that I have noticed extra input keyboard - "PapiamentoCaribbean US... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdrianSeb, Apr 18, 2021.

1. AdrianSeb Win User

Removing unwanted keyboard when the language which is not in the win language pack

Please do not ask me how that happen - my 7yo son was usingthe pc and after that I have noticed extra input keyboard - "PapiamentoCaribbean US keyboard". Problem is that in the language pack Windows10, latest updates I have found only "Papiamentu", not"Papiamento", so the standard method of removing unwanted keyboarddoes not work cause I cannot install "Papiamento" language and lateruninstall, which would remove unwanted keyboard.

Is there a way to remove such keyboard when language cannotbe installed/not included in language pack? So far I have found that suchlanguage used to be provided, please see https://word.uservoice.com/forums/3.../suggestions/39095434-add-language-papiamento

Anyway, perhaps we could treat it in a more generic way. So, ifsomebody knows how to remove unwanted keyboard in my case installed in astrange, unknown way with a language which cannot be installed and thenremoved, together with the relevant keyboard could such person kindly sharethe know-how?

:)

AdrianSeb, Apr 18, 2021

2. Cant remove unwanted language

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the keyboard layout with different language and trying to uninstall the languages we will help you with this issue.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to change/ add the input method to your keyboard and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, click on
      Control Panel
      , select Category and then select
      Large icon
    • Click on Language.
    • Click on Add language, Search for Thai language, select it and click on Add button.
    • Once the language is added, click on Options from the right pane under
      Thai.
    • Click on Download and install language pack.

This will help you to install the language pack and access it.

Also, if you wish to remove Hebrew language on your device, try the below.

• Press Windows + X, click on
      Control Panel, select Category and then select
      Large or Small icon
    • Click on Language
    • Select Hebrew
      language and click on Remove option.
    You may also refer to the below Microsoft article about installing language packs and check if it helps.

Refer: Language packs

Also, refer to Language Control Panel to change the system language.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you better.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Remove secondary keyboard language.

Hi Jacob,

Removing a keyboard layout can be done through Control Panel and
    Settings. Before doing so, make sure that the language pack of your preferred keyboard layout is installed on your computer. To remove a keyboard layout through
    Control Panel, here's how:

• Go to Control Panel. Under Clock, Language, and Region, click
      Add a language.
    • Click the keyboard layout that you want to remove, then click Options
      > Remove.

To remove a keyboard layout through Settings, refer to these steps:

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language
    • Click the keyboard layout that you want to delete, then click Remove.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Lekden Win User

Removing unwanted keyboard when the language which is not in the win language pack

Can't (completely) remove language keyboard layout

Yup, no such luck. My next step will be to temporarily install another language as the system language (like English UK or something), and remove US English as the default language and the keyboard, and everything, and then reboot and install it again and see if that does anything....

But I am betting it won't. And my reason is because when I was inspired to make my own keyboard layout I downloaded one another person had made, whidch was based on English UK keyboard, and it did not work correctly for me so I uninstalled it (and have since improved, I think, upon what he had done,) and I just now realized that that keyboard, which was under English language and keyboard, is still in my list as well. When I had installed it then UK English had become one of the available languages, and I have since removed it from being active and so forht. So, basically I did to UK English what I am propsing to do for US English... and yet that old keyboard layout remains.

There has to be somewhere that Windows keeps references all the different keyboard layouts available for the different language packs installed.... The question is where is that and how to modify it?

Lekden, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Removing unwanted keyboard when the language which is not in the win language pack - Similar Threads - Removing unwanted keyboard

2. Unwanted keyboard language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted keyboard language: Hello,I have a language keyboard that I want to remove on my laptop, in this case FRA :Français allemand.When i go to the parameters it only show me the keyboard layouts that I want to keep so I don't know how to get rid of this extra keyboard. It really annoys me because it...
  3. Unwanted keyboard language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted keyboard language: Hello,I have a language keyboard that I want to remove on my laptop, in this case FRA :Français allemand.When i go to the parameters it only show me the keyboard layouts that I want to keep so I don't know how to get rid of this extra keyboard. It really annoys me because it...
  4. Unwanted English Language Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted English Language Keyboard: I'm running Windows 11, build 22000.739 and I'm getting an annoying English United Kingdom US keyboard entry on my language switcher where I just want the English United States US keyboard.Where as the language settings show only these two:I've tried the method with...
  5. Unwanted English Language Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted English Language Keyboard: I'm running Windows 11, build 22000.739 and I'm getting an annoying English United Kingdom US keyboard entry on my language switcher where I just want the English United States US keyboard.Where as the language settings show only these two:I've tried the method with...
  6. Unwanted language pack Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted language pack Windows 10: Hi,Running Windows 10 OS build: 19043.1288, Version 21H1 on Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen9 with i7 and 16GB RAM.I use Norwegian QWERTY as input language, which is also what I have on the keyboard of the laptop itself, as well as on attached keyboards. It seems to me that when I run...
  7. Unwanted language

Unwanted language: Hi, i have a problem in my windows, an unwanted languagechinese treditioanl tiwan added to my languages and i cant see it on windows settings to delete it. i tryed deleting the language from registry editor but not worked! [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. System Language/Keyboard Language changes arbitrarily under Win10 - removal of unwanted...

System Language/Keyboard Language changes arbitrarily under Win10 - removal of unwanted...: I am an English speaker, using a French Keyboard on a Win 10 Laptop. I use the ENG-FR combination to run my system. For my convenience, Microsoft Win10 changes it to ENG-UK, or FRA (FR-FR). The latter is often not much of a problem as at least the keyboard is correct. I am...
  9. language pack removal

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    language pack removal: At present some cumulative updates fail to install (I will go back to an earlier Macrium image), What wonders me is that repeatedly system restore points were created with the text: Language Pack Removal. Any clue? 132475
  10. Remove Unwanted Languages

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Unwanted Languages: Good day, I have a HP notebook that I upgraded to windows 10, version 1803 home edition. I am trying to figure out why I am getting multiple languages downloaded when I think I have all the settings set to US (English). I have attached a .doc file that list the files that are...