Windows 10: Removing unwanted keyboards

Discus and support Removing unwanted keyboards in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm facing a problem with the keyboards. I had installed the Microsoft Indic Language Input Tool MILIT for testing purposes. After a while I removed it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by benISgood, May 21, 2021.

1. benISgood Win User

Removing unwanted keyboards

I'm facing a problem with the keyboards. I had installed the Microsoft Indic Language Input Tool MILIT for testing purposes. After a while I removed it from my system using the Add/Remove Programs. However ever since I get the following error message, whenever I try to switch my keyboards I've other keyboards for Indic langua

:)

benISgood, May 21, 2021
  2. HEM
    HeM Win User

Removing unwanted keyboard layout

@JaJe,
    I think, you have to read above tutorial more carefully...*Smile
    From that:

Removing unwanted keyboards [​IMG]

3. JaJe Win User
    Removing unwanted keyboard layout

Clicking on option I only have this:

Only my personalized layout here, but still present on taskbar the other two...

4. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Removing unwanted keyboards - Similar Threads - Removing unwanted keyboards

2. Cannot remove unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove unwanted keyboard layout: I cannot remove unwanted keyboard ENG-VI English United States Vietnamese in setting. I even tried to remove by using PowerShell but it wasn't listed in InputMethodTips. What can I do?...
  3. Cannot remove unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove unwanted keyboard layout: I cannot remove unwanted keyboard ENG-VI English United States Vietnamese in setting. I even tried to remove by using PowerShell but it wasn't listed in InputMethodTips. What can I do?...
  4. How to remove unwanted keyboard from the input switcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove unwanted keyboard from the input switcher: I installed the latest version of Windows 11 via Windows 11 Disk Image ISO provided by Microsoft Software Download.During the installation of Windows, I found that the only language available is English United Kingdom, although I use English United States language when...
  5. How to remove unwanted keyboard from the input switcher

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove unwanted keyboard from the input switcher: I installed the latest version of Windows 11 via Windows 11 Disk Image ISO provided by Microsoft Software Download.During the installation of Windows, I found that the only language available is English United Kingdom, although I use English United States language when...
  6. Remove Unwanted Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Unwanted Keyboard: Hi, I've been looking around how to deal with it but answers are about using Control Panel, in which the options have been removed. So here is my keyboards: [ATTACH] I want to remove both English Canada . However, there is no such keyboard in my settings: [ATTACH]...
  7. Unable to remove unwanted secondary keyboard

Unable to remove unwanted secondary keyboard: Many times I installed Windows 10 using my primary language spanish, but I use an english keyboard, so I always install the "United States - International QUERTY" keyboard. It works fine for a while, but eventually a secondary unwanted keyboard is installed automatically...
  8. Removing unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing unwanted keyboard layout: Hello guys, Windows 10 is making me a hard life sometimes, recently without any setting change I see the keyboard layour near the clock (ENG) or (ROU US) but I did not want any of extra layouts and I don't know why Microsoft like to f*** with people nerves so much. The...
  9. Unwanted keyboard

Unwanted keyboard: I have a new laptop with Windows 10 installed. I live in Belgium but have set my region to the UK as I want English to be the main language of the laptop. I need an English keyboard (UK) and French (Belgian) and these are installed in my language options. However a third...
  10. Unwanted additional keyboards

Unwanted additional keyboards: Every time I restart my PC, there are 2 keyboard layouts which are invisible to me in the language/region settings, however are selectable in the task bar. Pressing CTRL+SHIFT also leads me to accidentally switch very frequently between them, causing me to type @ and "...