Windows 10: Removing unwanted language from the keyboard in Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Removing unwanted language from the keyboard in Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm struggling with this problem for months already and just saw now a long discussion about it here in the site, but it had no satisfying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YiskaS, Apr 23, 2020.

1. YiskaS Win User

Removing unwanted language from the keyboard in Windows 10 Pro

Hi,

I'm struggling with this problem for months already and just saw now a long discussion about it here in the site, but it had no satisfying solution and it's locked already..

My issue is that I needed to install two different English packages in my PC, one for the regional formats to match my country and one as the system language. Neither package alone could serve both purposes.

However in the keyboard I need only one English language I don't care which one so I want to remove the other one. This unfortunately doesn't work as the "Remove" button underSettings-> Language-> the relevant language-> Options is grayed out. Now I've read in the thread here that you cannot have zero keyboards under an installed language, so I wished to try the suggested trick of adding the language I want to keep in the keyboard under the other pachage, and then delete the unwanted keyboard-language from it, but it's impossible since the language I want does not appear in the languages list :

I'm out of ideas and kinda lost.. could anyone pretty please help??

:)

YiskaS, Apr 23, 2020
  2. tenmen Win User

Can't add different languages keyboard layouts to Win 10 Pro

Removing unwanted language from the keyboard in Windows 10 Pro [​IMG]

tenmen, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Remove language from the keyboard

Hi,

I follow all the steps listed here. However, the "Remove" button is not active

How can I activate the button?

Step 1: System
    Settings window.

1. Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings
      page.
    2. Click on Time & language from the options and select
      Region & language
      from the left side panel of the window.
    3. Click on the keyboard language you want to remove under Languages and click on
      Remove.
    4. Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

גדיאלוני, Apr 23, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Can't add different languages keyboard layouts to Win 10 Pro

Hi, have you followed the steps in this tutorial?
    Add or Remove Keyboard Layouts in Windows 10 | Tutorials

Could you say at which step in this your attempt fails? And in what way?
    A screenshot or more would help.
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post. Thanks.

Click here:

Then click on Options when displayed

dalchina, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Removing unwanted language from the keyboard in Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Removing unwanted language

2. Unwanted keyboard language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted keyboard language: Hello,I have a language keyboard that I want to remove on my laptop, in this case FRA :Français allemand.When i go to the parameters it only show me the keyboard layouts that I want to keep so I don't know how to get rid of this extra keyboard. It really annoys me because it...
  3. Unwanted keyboard language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted keyboard language: Hello,I have a language keyboard that I want to remove on my laptop, in this case FRA :Français allemand.When i go to the parameters it only show me the keyboard layouts that I want to keep so I don't know how to get rid of this extra keyboard. It really annoys me because it...
  4. Unwanted English Language Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted English Language Keyboard: I'm running Windows 11, build 22000.739 and I'm getting an annoying English United Kingdom US keyboard entry on my language switcher where I just want the English United States US keyboard.Where as the language settings show only these two:I've tried the method with...
  5. Unwanted English Language Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted English Language Keyboard: I'm running Windows 11, build 22000.739 and I'm getting an annoying English United Kingdom US keyboard entry on my language switcher where I just want the English United States US keyboard.Where as the language settings show only these two:I've tried the method with...
  6. Removing unwanted keyboards

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing unwanted keyboards: I'm facing a problem with the keyboards. I had installed the Microsoft Indic Language Input Tool MILIT for testing purposes. After a while I removed it from my system using the Add/Remove Programs. However ever since I get the following error message, whenever I try to switch...
  7. Removing unwanted keyboard when the language which is not in the win language pack

Removing unwanted keyboard when the language which is not in the win language pack: Please do not ask me how that happen - my 7yo son was usingthe pc and after that I have noticed extra input keyboard - "PapiamentoCaribbean US keyboard". Problem is that in the language pack Windows10, latest updates I have found only "Papiamentu", not"Papiamento", so the...
  8. Remove Unwanted Keyboard

Remove Unwanted Keyboard: Hi, I've been looking around how to deal with it but answers are about using Control Panel, in which the options have been removed. So here is my keyboards: [ATTACH] I want to remove both English Canada . However, there is no such keyboard in my settings: [ATTACH]...
  9. Removing a language from keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing a language from keyboard: [img] I got my new laptop and accidentally added an English-German keyboard on setup. How do I remove it? Thanks 148964
  10. Remove Unwanted Languages

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Unwanted Languages: Good day, I have a HP notebook that I upgraded to windows 10, version 1803 home edition. I am trying to figure out why I am getting multiple languages downloaded when I think I have all the settings set to US (English). I have attached a .doc file that list the files that are...