Windows 10: Removing user from computer

Discus and support Removing user from computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm trying to remove my daughter as a user on my laptop. I have followed the instructions given by Microsoft, but when I get to her account, there is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TomAustin2, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Removing user from computer

I'm trying to remove my daughter as a user on my laptop. I have followed the instructions given by Microsoft, but when I get to her account, there is no "remove" option-only a "block" option. How do I remove her from this computer (I am the administrator)

:)

TomAustin2, Sep 7, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Removing user from computer 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

Removing user from computer

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Removing user from computer

1. Removing user from computer - Similar Threads - Removing user computer

2. Removing organisations from computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing organisations from computer: Hello!I am trying to remove my school from my computer, as they have restricted many applications on my computer. When i go to Settings < Access school or work<click on my on my schools' domain < disconnect, it then asks me to put in alternate account, my microsoft account,...
  3. Removing organisations from computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing organisations from computer: Hello!I am trying to remove my school from my computer, as they have restricted many applications on my computer. When i go to Settings < Access school or work<click on my on my schools' domain < disconnect, it then asks me to put in alternate account, my microsoft account,...
  4. Removing an user from my computer, will delete their files if they are being shared with...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing an user from my computer, will delete their files if they are being shared with...: on my computer i have two users, they are both mine but different emails. the second user account i did it because i wanted to use my real email. now the files photos videos etc from my first user profile are being shared to my second user profile. if i delete/remove the...
  5. Removing a user from an old computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing a user from an old computer: "delete the Microsoft Account and make the other account as administrator." If I delete the Microsoft Account, my wife can't use her new computer without a Microsoft Account, right? How do I give her old windows computer to someone else while moving everything form her...
  6. New Computer- Windows 10- Logged in wrong user, Can't remove that user from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Computer- Windows 10- Logged in wrong user, Can't remove that user from OneDrive: Hi! I set up a new computer, Windows 10, and signed in under Account 1. I later realized I needed to switch it to Account 2, which is now shown as the Administrator account on the settings for the computer. On OneDrive, Account 1 is still shown as the User and their files...
  7. remove user from computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    remove user from computer: How do I remove a user from my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-user-from-computer/203eef03-19d1-46bd-a0fd-d4ef73748a96
  8. will upgrading to 64 bit OS remove previous users from the computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    will upgrading to 64 bit OS remove previous users from the computer?: hey i am pretty sure that upgrading to 64 bit OS will remove all the data from local disk c but i was wondering if i upgraded from 32 bit to 64 bit , will that remove previous users from the computer?(my computer has more than one)....
  9. Remove Microsoft Account from User

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Microsoft Account from User: Hello! The Microsoft Account linked to my laptop (the one I created when I first logged into my laptop when it was brand new) got hacked. I tried multiple times but I cannot retrieve my account. I have created another one, of course, with no issues. But the big problem is I...
  10. Remove User from navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove User from navigation Pane: Hello, any idea about how to remove the user (Ciccio in the picture) from the navigation pane (and/or from the save as windows)? [img] 11775