Windows 10: Removing viruses, malwares and other rogue softwares from External Hard disc drives and...

Discus and support Removing viruses, malwares and other rogue softwares from External Hard disc drives and... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How to remove viruses, malwares and other rogue softwares from External Hard disc drives and Pendrives using Widows 10 computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PrasannaSeshadri, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Removing viruses, malwares and other rogue softwares from External Hard disc drives and...

How to remove viruses, malwares and other rogue softwares from External Hard disc drives and Pendrives using Widows 10 computer?

:)

PrasannaSeshadri, Dec 1, 2019

2. External Hard Drive

To address your concern, here are the troubleshooting steps that you can try. Follow the steps below:

Uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive program.

• In the Settings app, go to System.
    • Go to Apps & features and locate the external hard drive program.
    • Uninstall the program and go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall the updated version.
    Uninstall and reinstall the Paragon driver software.

• Following the same steps mentioned above, locate the software in Apps & features
      and uninstall it.
    • After uninstalling the software, go to the manufacturer's website to reinstall it.
    To further isolate your concern, we'd also like to verify if the OneDrive app is enabled on your PC.

You can hit us back for additional help.

Kind regards.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    External drives and Windows 10 issue

Hi Sal,

There are many possible causes why your external hard disk is set to read-only. It can be that your external hard disk has a bad sector that appears to be defective. One of the possible reason of having a bad sector on your hard disk is if it's infected
    by a malware or a virus. We would suggest you to run a Check Disk to scan your external hard disk for bad sectors. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Go to File Explorer.
    • Right-click on your external hard disk.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click Tools.
    • Click Check (Under the Error checking portion).
    • Upon clicking, it will open a new window. Click Scan
      drive

Also, we would suggest you to scan your external hard disk for malware and viruses. You can use Microsoft Safety Scanner by following
    this link. Be guided that this software expires after 10 days and it is not a replacement for using an antivirus software program that
    provides a real-time protection.

Micah Bat, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Removing viruses, malwares and other rogue softwares from External Hard disc drives and...

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Removing viruses, malwares and other rogue softwares from External Hard disc drives and...

1. Removing viruses, malwares and other rogue softwares from External Hard disc drives and... - Similar Threads - Removing viruses malwares

2. How to remove a rogue software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a rogue software?: I can't kill an app shown under the "process" tag of the task manager with "end task". The app was installed by rogue software, 360 Browser. The Revo Uninstaller can't see the software. How to remove it in this case?...
  3. How to remove a rogue software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove a rogue software?: I can't kill an app shown under the "process" tag of the task manager with "end task". The app was installed by rogue software, 360 Browser. The Revo Uninstaller can't see the software. How to remove it in this case?...
  4. How to remove a rogue software?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can you remove malware from software?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can you remove malware from software?: Is it possible to inspect software that is embedded with malware I want to remove all the corrupted files out of it so the use of the program will be clean again. I swear I BELIEVE IT IS POSSIBLE!...
  6. Remove Viruses and malwares

Remove Viruses and malwares: Does removing all files and reinstalling windows 10 remove viruses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/remove-viruses-and-malwares/613ca87a-cf46-416e-bb94-1aeeec48b11a
  7. Malware/Virus Removal

Malware/Virus Removal: I ran my command prompt through the advanced start up option to find malware or infected files in my system. The command prompt I ran was as follows: 1. C: 2. -s -h -r /s /d *.* 3. dir I received multiple access denied notifications along with numerous “The target...
  8. external hard disc showing for format disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external hard disc showing for format disc: while I connect my external hard disc with data shows for format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-disc-showing-for-format-disc/a36ede3b-89f8-49e3-9511-7347823b0688"
  9. trojan virus on external hard drive

trojan virus on external hard drive: Scanned EXTERNAL hd AND FOUND TROJAN VIRUS. WINDOWS BLOCKED IT BUT DID NOT REMOVE IT. HOW DO I ELIMINATE IT? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trojan-virus-on-external-hard-drive/00103d1e-d86d-4b3d-afb8-a6c242aa03ac"
  10. Softwares Can't Be Installed From an External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Softwares Can't Be Installed From an External Hard Drive: When I try to install a software from an external hard drive I can't. But when I copy that file onto desktop I can. How to fix that? 71332