Windows 10: Removing Win10 cruft

Discus and support Removing Win10 cruft in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I found this folder on my C: drive: $SysReset and it contains another folder, named Logs. Inside is a file named: RjvStartLogging Is it ok to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mayagrafix, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Removing Win10 cruft

I found this folder on my C: drive: $SysReset and it contains another folder, named Logs. Inside is a file named: RjvStartLogging

Is it ok to delete?

TIA

:)

Mayagrafix, Mar 19, 2016
  2. JELaBarre Win User

Reinstalling Win10 after Upgrade

Well that's still not an answer. Suppose the HDD has failed, and rather than trying to recover and clone the install to a new disk, I feel it's better to start over again. From what I've seen I'd have to reinstall the Win7 or Win8 system, then install
    WIn10 over it. Or perhaps *when* the Win10 system has become so loaded down with cruft (note I said "when", not "if", because MSWin *always ends up being loaded down with cruft eventually) I feel it's time to re-load it.

We need this method covered. As it is, every year as I see the PITA stuff MS does, I'm glad my *own* systems are running Linux. I just keep my home directory on a separate partition, back up a handful of settings files from /etc, and do a clean install.
    All done within a couple of hours, rather than a couple of *days* with MSWin.

JELaBarre, Mar 19, 2016
  3. c8a1f2a5-41f1-4c8c-ba29-4bd7ad8a27d9, Mar 19, 2016
  4. Removing Win10 cruft

Yes, you can remove it, it is just a leftover from Reset/Refresh you have probably performed recently.

TairikuOkami, Mar 19, 2016
Thema:

Removing Win10 cruft

1. Removing Win10 cruft - Similar Threads - Removing Win10 cruft

2. remove protected password administrator account in Win10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove protected password administrator account in Win10?: I pressed win logo + R and unchecked users must name and password. Why is my account still showing password protected? This has always been my Microsoft Account?...
  3. Removing Unusable Accounts from "Insider Win10"

Removing Unusable Accounts from "Insider Win10": Dear MSCA I would like to know why there are no tools to remove accounts from the settings window and where are these tools? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-unusable-accounts-from-insider-win10/8080a5c5-14b1-452a-bf8f-c74102df452d
  4. Unable to remove duplicate Win10 Lock Screen image

Unable to remove duplicate Win10 Lock Screen image: Is there a way to remove the duplicate Win10 Lock Screen image as shown here in my image? Guess I did something wrong... How can I remove it from the Settings\Personalization\Lock Screen 132293
  5. Remove Quick Access in File Explorer Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove Quick Access in File Explorer Win10: Is there a way to Remove "Quick Access" folder in Win10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-quick-access-in-file-explorer-win10/0fdb23e4-495d-4174-8fea-af02836f1d31"
  6. Win10 Networking After Removal of HomeGroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Networking After Removal of HomeGroup: Hello! I saw your recent post and decided that you may be able to help me and others who later read this post. My issue and rant: With Windows recent update (Ver 1803), the simple task of networking two home computers has become a nightmare. I cannot understand how a...
  7. Certain apps remove Win10 volume control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain apps remove Win10 volume control: This problem was first noticed playing Ubisoft's Skyrim: all volume control via taskbar is lost as long as the program is producing audio output, which in the case of this game is as long as the game retains focus. Bringing a different program (or the desktop) to the...
  8. Certain apps remove Win10 volume control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain apps remove Win10 volume control: This problem was first noticed playing Ubisoft's Skyrim: all volume control via taskbar is lost as long as the program is producing audio output, which in the case of this game is as long as the game retains focus. Bringing a different program (or the desktop) to the...
  9. How to remove clickable links on the lock screen in Win10?

How to remove clickable links on the lock screen in Win10?: I like this new feature in Windows 10 when it randomizes the picture that is shown on the lock screen. What I can't stand are those clickable links that they put on it. These things: [img] Does anyone know how to remove them? My main gripe with those links is that...
  10. How to remove signin when win10 starts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove signin when win10 starts: First time win10 user having come from many happy years with 7 and 7forum *Smile Have run netplwiz and unticked ''Users must enter a user name and password t use this computer.'' This does not work. I've looked through tutorials but can't see the appropriate one although...