Windows 10: Removing Win10 cruft

Discus and support Removing Win10 cruft in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I found this folder on my C: drive: $SysReset and it contains another folder, named Logs. Inside is a file named: RjvStartLogging Is it ok to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mayagrafix, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Removing Win10 cruft

I found this folder on my C: drive: $SysReset and it contains another folder, named Logs. Inside is a file named: RjvStartLogging

Is it ok to delete?

TIA

:)

Mayagrafix, Mar 19, 2016
  2. JELaBarre Win User

Reinstalling Win10 after Upgrade

Well that's still not an answer. Suppose the HDD has failed, and rather than trying to recover and clone the install to a new disk, I feel it's better to start over again. From what I've seen I'd have to reinstall the Win7 or Win8 system, then install
    WIn10 over it. Or perhaps *when* the Win10 system has become so loaded down with cruft (note I said "when", not "if", because MSWin *always ends up being loaded down with cruft eventually) I feel it's time to re-load it.

We need this method covered. As it is, every year as I see the PITA stuff MS does, I'm glad my *own* systems are running Linux. I just keep my home directory on a separate partition, back up a handful of settings files from /etc, and do a clean install.
    All done within a couple of hours, rather than a couple of *days* with MSWin.

JELaBarre, Mar 19, 2016
  3. c8a1f2a5-41f1-4c8c-ba29-4bd7ad8a27d9, Mar 19, 2016
  4. Removing Win10 cruft

Yes, you can remove it, it is just a leftover from Reset/Refresh you have probably performed recently.

TairikuOkami, Mar 19, 2016
Thema:

Removing Win10 cruft

1. Removing Win10 cruft - Similar Threads - Removing Win10 cruft

2. Remove CoPilot on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove CoPilot on Win10: I want to completely uninstall CoPilot from my personal computer. I am using Win10 and i do not want to just "hide" the icon. This program is using resources on my PC and i never plan on using it. Can you please tell me how to remove this?! this is so intrusive and...
  3. Remove CoPilot on Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove CoPilot on Win10: I want to completely uninstall CoPilot from my personal computer. I am using Win10 and i do not want to just "hide" the icon. This program is using resources on my PC and i never plan on using it. Can you please tell me how to remove this?! this is so intrusive and...
  4. Remove CoPilot on Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Virus removal Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus removal Win10: I'm running win10 and microsoft defender detected win32/Floxif.H and w32/Casdet!rfn but cannot remove neither quaranteen.I have ran MSERT.exe but cannot remove also.What to do now?...
  6. Virus removal Win10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus removal Win10: I'm running win10 and microsoft defender detected win32/Floxif.H and w32/Casdet!rfn but cannot remove neither quaranteen.I have ran MSERT.exe but cannot remove also.What to do now?...
  7. Virus removal Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Removing win10 logins from win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing win10 logins from win11: Got a new pc, first time with win11.I set up a pin because it forced me to, then went into the settings and disabled that win11 feature.But now it keeps asking me for my "old" win10 login every time, which I had disabled in win10, and it won't let me do so in win11.I see some...
  9. Win10 Reset removed my documents!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Reset removed my documents!: Hi. My Surface4 started acting very strange, so I did a Windows Reset using the option of keeping my documents. When the reset finished, all my documents were gone. Unfortunately I did not have a backup previous to doing the reset. Not sure what happened. Is there any way to...
  10. Remove a work account from Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove a work account from Win10: I am trying to remove a work email account from Win 10. I have followed the instructions and clicked on the account and then manage, but the company has closed the account and I can't sign into it. Is there another way to remove this account? Thanks and Regards, Paul...