Windows 10: Removing Windows 10 Install Files From an external Hard Disk and lost data

Discus and support Removing Windows 10 Install Files From an external Hard Disk and lost data in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I've downloaded the Windows 10 files to my external hard drive. I noticed that the size of the disk changed, so when I didn't need the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MAG-007, Jul 30, 2020.

1. MAG-007 Win User

Removing Windows 10 Install Files From an external Hard Disk and lost data

Hi!
    I've downloaded the Windows 10 files to my external hard drive. I noticed that the size of the disk changed, so when I didn't need the Windows installation files anymore I opened Disk Management and remove the partition which had the installation files. I did not format the whole external drive to save my files, but it didn't work. I can't see my files and also I am not able to do anything besides format this external drive.
    Could someone advice? I really need to recover my data.

Thanks in advance!

:)

MAG-007, Jul 30, 2020

2. How to recover data from corrupted WD external hardisk

Hi...

I have Western Digital Passport 1 TB external Hard disk. It has got corrupted. When I connect to my Window 7 machine, my external hard disk rotates but my machine does not recognize it.I have checked External hard disk with other working cable as well but still it is not working . I have tried to recover data with Hiren boot cd ,. On hiren boot machine it is recognizing the disk. I can copy some data in form of dd format with data rescue but not able to recover data with this DD format file. I have used different softwares to recover dd file but all are giving error. Please suggest how can i recover my data.

rajmehra300, Jul 30, 2020
  3. How can I recover the data from hard disk?

Hello Friends, yesterday while working on my PC suddenly all of my data lost. I was downloading something from the internet and the system suddenly got shut down, after that when I restarted the system there was some error and the system could not start properly. I really want that data as its very important to me. Can anyone suggest me about how to recover the lost data from the hard disk?

willturner, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Removing Windows 10 Install Files From an external Hard Disk and lost data

Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Removing Windows 10 Install Files From an external Hard Disk and lost data :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Removing Windows 10 Install Files From an external Hard Disk and lost data

1. Removing Windows 10 Install Files From an external Hard Disk and lost data - Similar Threads - Removing Install Files

2. Remove bitlocker password from my external hard disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove bitlocker password from my external hard disk?: How can I remove bitlocker password from my external hard disk without having to format or delete the data in that hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-bitlocker-password-from-my-external-hard/c6672382-98ef-4d72-9b9a-cc8772c744d5
  3. Move file from hard disk to external

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move file from hard disk to external: If I move a file from my laptop to an external drive will I be able to recover the file later on my laptop, same as for example a deleted file with a program like Recuva....
  4. Move file from hard disk to external

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move file from hard disk to external: If I move a file from my laptop to an external drive will I be able to recover the file later on my laptop, same as for example a deleted file with a program like Recuva....
  5. Move file from hard disk to external

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Booting Windows 10 from external hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting Windows 10 from external hard disk: Greetings. I have a laptop (Predator Helios 300) with Windows 10 (Home, upgraded to Pro with Win7 key) installation that I like to keep clean. From time to time I will have to find a new piece of software for certain task. Normally I would start by trying out programs from...
  7. Move data from hard disk to external hard disk without installed Windows version?

Move data from hard disk to external hard disk without installed Windows version?: I wanted to reinstall it because my Windows "broke" it. Now I have no space for Windows on the full hard disk Do I have to delete them? https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/daten-von-festplatte-auf-externe-festplatte-legen-ohne-installierte-windows-version
  8. Creating Windows 10 Installer in External Hard Disk

Creating Windows 10 Installer in External Hard Disk: Hey! I am trying to extract the ISO of windows 10 to a partition on my external hard disk. But when I boot my device through external hard disk my pc displays me message that no OS found. My hard disk is of 1TB which has four partitions and I have extracted the ISO on...
  9. How to Remove Windows 10 Install Files From an external Hard Disk or SSD

How to Remove Windows 10 Install Files From an external Hard Disk or SSD: Hello, I downloaded the windows 10 files to an SSD I had for backup. I had to install Windows 10 on a usb or hard drive from an other computer because my laptop showed a stop code and was not working. I was told by Microsoft customer representative to download the software...
  10. Window 10 unable safety remove external hard disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Window 10 unable safety remove external hard disk: Don't know since when my window 10 laptop cannot perform safety remove my external hard disk but it do able safety remove flash drive. I have no idea what program it started cause my hard disk not able to be safety removed as i have try to freshly connect my hard disk when...