Windows 10: Removing Windows BitLocker on new system

Discus and support Removing Windows BitLocker on new system in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello there! Over the past few days, I've been trying to build a system for myself. I have come across a problem when setting it up though: on first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by arxandpillars, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Removing Windows BitLocker on new system

Hello there! Over the past few days, I've been trying to build a system for myself. I have come across a problem when setting it up though: on first boot, a Windows BitLocker encryption key is required to proceed for a Windows 7 system. Is there any way for me to bypass this and set up Windows 10 on my SSD?

:)

arxandpillars, Sep 19, 2019

2. How to remove bitlocker from system?

Hi Patrik,

BitLocker is a full disk encryption feature present on Windows.

It seems that the troubleshooting steps that you've tried are for Windows 7. We suggest checking this
    thread and follow the steps given by
    Johann Eva to remove BitLocker encryption.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Ronalene Mat, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Removing Windows BitLocker on new system

i am trying to remove bitlocker windows 10 office 365

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, I would suggest visiting the following links:

Let us know if you need anything else.

Regards.

Jericho Lap, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Removing Windows BitLocker on new system

1. Removing Windows BitLocker on new system - Similar Threads - Removing BitLocker system

2. Bitlocker ID Removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker ID Removal: My 84-year old aunt has been a victim of scammers who installed a bitlocker ID on her machine, removing her access to her files. How can that be removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-id-removal/1e5176b2-fb1c-4c15-a308-c9fc05e2c4d8
  3. How remove bitlocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How remove bitlocker: How to remove bitlocker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-remove-bitlocker/012fcf03-0c8e-4b40-a351-7e50f686d969
  4. How remove bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How remove bitlocker: How to remove bitlocker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-remove-bitlocker/012fcf03-0c8e-4b40-a351-7e50f686d969
  5. How remove bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. i reinstalled windows and i forgot to remove bitlocker code i removed the system partation...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i reinstalled windows and i forgot to remove bitlocker code i removed the system partation...: i reinstalled windows and i forgot to remove bitlocker code i removed the system partation and recreated it and when the windows is installed i found that the two other partitions is locked...
  7. i reinstalled windows and i forgot to remove bitlocker code i removed the system partation...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i reinstalled windows and i forgot to remove bitlocker code i removed the system partation...: i reinstalled windows and i forgot to remove bitlocker code i removed the system partation and recreated it and when the windows is installed i found that the two other partitions is locked...
  8. i reinstalled windows and i forgot to remove bitlocker code i removed the system partation...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Bitlocker Password on Removable Media only works on some systems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Password on Removable Media only works on some systems: I have a removable USB Drive that has been encrypted with BitLocker. However, it only works with some systems. Other systems, including other Windows 10 systems, reject the password as being incorrect even though I have verified it is the correct password. The drive...
  10. Bitlocker on Dualboot system

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker on Dualboot system: Hello there, my question is how to configure (if it is possible) Bitlocker encryption on system drive so I can set to automatically unlock encrypted drives. To be more specific I don´t have TPM feature and am using dual-boot with Ubuntu. Setup is following - 1st SSD with...