Windows 10: Removing Windows from HDD without loosing Program Files and Data?

Discus and support Removing Windows from HDD without loosing Program Files and Data? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I got new SSD, and I will instal Win10 on them. I want to remove Win 10 from HDD, but I have a lot of data, drivers, programs etc on that partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FilipCartoonz, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Removing Windows from HDD without loosing Program Files and Data?

So I got new SSD, and I will instal Win10 on them. I want to remove Win 10 from HDD, but I have a lot of data, drivers, programs etc on that partition (I was stupid when I was younger, so I made partition of HDD, but still installed almost all programs on that same partition and now cant just delete it heh).

So is there any way to just remove Windows from partition "C", but keep Program Files? Data is not as much problem, I have everything backed-up, but I have bunch of programs.

Tnq!

:)

FilipCartoonz, Jun 13, 2019

2. Remove an OS installation without removing files?

if you used win7 default folders for your files (my docs, my pics etc.) you can find those files in [put correct drive letter for hdd here]:\users
    you can keep this folder and delete from hdd
    [put correct drive letter for hdd here]:\windows,
    [put correct drive letter for hdd here]:\program files (x86 too),
    [put correct drive letter for hdd here]:\program data

this will clear most of the old win7 from hdd.

ne6togadno, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading program list?!

Add Remove Programs in Windows XP doesn't finish loading the program list (It never even starts displaying any programs) and I believe it may be that a uninstall program messed up completely and Windows can't figure out what programs are installed because of it. What is the problem? Please?

ventusignis, Jun 13, 2019
  4. slozomby Win User

Removing Windows from HDD without loosing Program Files and Data?

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Removing Windows from HDD without loosing Program Files and Data?

1. Removing Windows from HDD without loosing Program Files and Data? - Similar Threads - Removing HDD without

2. Removing Windows from a HDD without removing data files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing Windows from a HDD without removing data files.: I recently purchased a new computer. My old one has a lot of music and photos that I do not want to lose, but I would like to keep the hard drive and install it in my new PC, as a second internal drive. Is there a way to remove the OS and/or the partition, and use it strictly...
  3. Removing Windows from a HDD without removing data files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Windows from a HDD without removing data files.: I recently purchased a new computer. My old one has a lot of music and photos that I do not want to lose, but I would like to keep the hard drive and install it in my new PC, as a second internal drive. Is there a way to remove the OS and/or the partition, and use it strictly...
  4. Removing Windows from a HDD without removing data files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Removing old files from old HDD (including Windows files, Program Files and Program Files...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing old files from old HDD (including Windows files, Program Files and Program Files...: I recently migrated my Windows OS from my old HDD to my new SSD. However, there are still leftover files and folders in the old HDD, mainly from third-party applications in Program Files and Program Files (x86), as well as Windows files. I am looking to free up the spaces...
  6. New motherboard: reinstall windows without loosing data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New motherboard: reinstall windows without loosing data?: Hi everyone,I purchased a new motherboard and cpu. After I stalling and connecting everything back together, my PC was only booting on the BIOS, despite detecting my drives.I disconnected them all, and only connecting the one which has windows, but the same happens.I...
  7. New motherboard: reinstall windows without loosing data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New motherboard: reinstall windows without loosing data?: Hi everyone,I purchased a new motherboard and cpu. After I stalling and connecting everything back together, my PC was only booting on the BIOS, despite detecting my drives.I disconnected them all, and only connecting the one which has windows, but the same happens.I...
  8. New motherboard: reinstall windows without loosing data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Repair windows from USB without losing data and program files

Repair windows from USB without losing data and program files: So I recently installed an SSD onto my pc that was previously running off just an HDD. I cloned the HDD disk onto the SSD and changed my bootup option to the SSD in the BIOS. Then I cleaned the HDD through command prompt, tried booting up again off the SSD but am getting the...
  10. remove computer from domain without losing data or programs

remove computer from domain without losing data or programs: Our organization is moving away (rather quickly) from using a domain controller and domain logins to using Microsoft account logins. Is there a way to remove my laptop from the domain WITHOUT losing any data or my installed applications? I would just do a Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to uninstall windows from a hdd without losing data