Windows 10: Removing Windows Local User password on computer remotely ?

Discus and support Removing Windows Local User password on computer remotely ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I am helping my grandparents with their computer issues, I recently upgraded their Win 7, old Sony Vaio machine to a fresh Windows 10 (recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cyserg, Apr 21, 2020.

1. /u/Cyserg Win User

Removing Windows Local User password on computer remotely ?

Hello,

I am helping my grandparents with their computer issues, I recently upgraded their Win 7, old Sony Vaio machine to a fresh Windows 10 (recently - 2 months ago)

According to them, this morning at start-up, the computer announced that the Password has expired and a new one needed to be introduced. (or something - was not present)

They said they tried a few of the existing email passwords and finally managed to create a password that worked. (email accounts - not Hotmail or in any way linked with outlook mail, or windows account, etc. think like people with limited understanding of technology here).

All good, until this evening and, surprise: the previos password doesn't work and cannot log in.

Now here's the pickle:

This computer is 200km away and we are in full quarantine!

I somehow need to reset that password and the only access to the computer is through Teamviewer that loads before the welcome screen and log-on shows. and we can do video calls.

They are old (born in the '30s) have no USB keys, don't have a 2nd computer, there are no tech people in that village - it's a village

Is there a way to reset it by activating the Administrator account / safe mode, etc? or any help would be greatly appreciated!

thank you greatly!

submitted by /u/Cyserg
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cyserg, Apr 21, 2020

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Isha Soni Win User

Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Removing Windows Local User password on computer remotely ? - Similar Threads - Removing Local User

2. How to remove the password prompt during login for a local user account with no password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove the password prompt during login for a local user account with no password?: This is on a domain joined workstation. I have an OU that allows me to create a local user without a password. I want the local user to just have the 'sign in' button instead of getting the password prompt since this account doesn't have any password assigned to it. Any help...
  3. How to remove the password prompt during login for a local user account with no password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove the password prompt during login for a local user account with no password?: This is on a domain joined workstation. I have an OU that allows me to create a local user without a password. I want the local user to just have the 'sign in' button instead of getting the password prompt since this account doesn't have any password assigned to it. Any help...
  4. How to remove the password prompt during login for a local user account with no password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Local User password reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local User password reset.: Hello,Just have received a message from Win services of password expiration. So went to device manager and changed passwords for local admin and other users. Before now had no problem with that, now when tried to login using PIN received an answer "Your password was changed...
  6. Local User password reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local User password reset.: Hello,Just have received a message from Win services of password expiration. So went to device manager and changed passwords for local admin and other users. Before now had no problem with that, now when tried to login using PIN received an answer "Your password was changed...
  7. Local User password reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Remotely Connect to a User with no Password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remotely Connect to a User with no Password: I want to connect to a computer with no password, but when I use the windows remote connection app, it tells me I need a password. But I can't enter a password because the PC I'm connecting to has no password. What should I do?...
  9. How to change or remove an unknown local user password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change or remove an unknown local user password?: I bought a Windows 10 machine on an estate auction, a Dell rugged laptop with outdoor screen (out of warranty with Dell). Windows is configured to never require password for login. However, if I press Windows+L to lock it, it will ask me for a password, so apparently there is...
  10. Remote Desktop in conjunction with local users.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remote Desktop in conjunction with local users.: I am setting up an HTPC in my basement that also will serve as my media server. My goal is to have the computer locally signed in as a normal user, displayed on the TV. But my concern is, will I be able to remotely sign into my “Plex” user and leave the viewer unaffected...