Windows 10: Removing windows os from SSD and boot from hdd

Discus and support Removing windows os from SSD and boot from hdd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have cloned my ssd to hdd using macrium and used easybcd for dual booting.but now i only want to boot from hdd and remove windows os from ssd.what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by harshdave1, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Removing windows os from SSD and boot from hdd

I have cloned my ssd to hdd using macrium and used easybcd for dual booting.but now i only want to boot from hdd and remove windows os from ssd.what should i do?

:)

harshdave1, Sep 25, 2018
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Windows 10 Boot manager removal for dual OS on SSD and HDD

Shrink the OS on the HDD by about 150MB. MiniTool Partition Wizard Free is very good for that. Then open a Command Prompt or PowerShell and run diskpart.

Once in diskpart the commands are:
    list disk
    select disk # <-replace # with the actual number for the HDD
    create part efi
    format fs=fat32 quick
    assign letter=t
    exit

Then in a command prompt (admin) or "run as administrator" command prompt run:

bcdboot C:\Windows /s T: /f all

Note - the drive letter in red needs to be the Windows installation on the HDD. If you are booted into the OS on the HDD, it should be C:. It might be E: or F: or something else if you are booted into the OS on the SSD. Just make sure you do the above commands all from the same OS.

That should make the HDD bootable by itself. When you are done, and it is booting from F12, you can remove the drive letter T: from the EFI partition, and remove the dual boot menu from the SSD by using the msconfig command.

NavyLCDR, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Upgrading OS to an SSD

Thanks, I will look into the Samsung SSD instead and set it up as you suggested, that's exactly what I needed.

TristanD27, Sep 25, 2018
  4. techguy31 Win User

Removing windows os from SSD and boot from hdd

64Gb SSD for OS or 2Tb HDD for storage ?!

I suggest that you get the 2tb for storage. SSDs are only useful if you want to boot things fast like OS and programs. I actually suggest you get both if you have that many movies.

techguy31, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Removing windows os from SSD and boot from hdd

1. Removing windows os from SSD and boot from hdd - Similar Threads - Removing SSD boot

2. switching OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    switching OS from HDD to SSD: I dont care about any of the data on the drives, I just want to know the fastest way to switch my windows 10 from my 1tb HDD to my 240 gb SSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-os-from-hdd-to-ssd/b1ae418e-cf78-4019-9797-810bc531bfd6
  3. switching OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    switching OS from HDD to SSD: I dont care about any of the data on the drives, I just want to know the fastest way to switch my windows 10 from my 1tb HDD to my 240 gb SSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switching-os-from-hdd-to-ssd/b1ae418e-cf78-4019-9797-810bc531bfd6
  4. MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD: Hi,If I just migrate my Windows 10 from HDD to SSD but since my HDD has two other drives-D & E, besides C; so after that, if I change the boot option to SSD from HDD as shown above, will the data on drives D & E of my HDD will be formatted as well since I'm just migrating my...
  5. MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD: Hi,If I just migrate my Windows 10 from HDD to SSD but since my HDD has two other drives-D & E, besides C; so after that, if I change the boot option to SSD from HDD as shown above, will the data on drives D & E of my HDD will be formatted as well since I'm just migrating my...
  6. MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Moving OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving OS from HDD to SSD: I want to change my laptop from HDD to SSD, but how about my windows and the license? can i move it using a tool to copy it and paste to the SSD? im the second owner of this laptop....
  8. Transfering OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfering OS from HDD to SSD: I just bought SSD recently and want to make it as my OS, but the problem is my license is OEM.I read out there that cloning your OS from HDD to SSD using a partition wizard or something is easy and can transfer the license as well. In my case i want a clean installation on my...
  9. OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OS from HDD to SSD: I’m trying to migrate my operating system from the HDD to SSD however when I choose, which one I want it to go to( the ssd) it says cannot use source disk. This doesn’t make any sense because windows folder is clearly on the HDD and I use the HDD as a boot drive so I can not...
  10. Transfer OS From HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer OS From HDD to SSD: I have a HP laptop with original Windows 10 Home Edition. My present Hard Drive is very slow HDD. Now I want to use a new SSD and want to reinstall this original OS to my new SSD. But I have lost my Product Key. What is the process. Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove windows os from ocz ssd

2. remove os from ssd

3. how to remove os from ssd