Windows 10: Removing Windows Store App Install Location

Discus and support Removing Windows Store App Install Location in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Because I saw all the E3 news I thought, I'll check out how to install Windows Store apps to a seperate drive, instead of on my main drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Forceflow, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Forceflow Win User

Removing Windows Store App Install Location

Because I saw all the E3 news I thought, I'll check out how to install Windows Store apps to a seperate drive, instead of on my main drive.
    Unfortunately, using the "Change Where New Content Is Saved" settings pane for apps creates a bunch of folders in the root of the drive you change it to: "WindowsApps, WuDownloadCache" etc ...

As someone who wants to keep his extra drives clean - I hate that.

I've since changed the location back to my C: drive, moved all the apps out ... is there any way to get rid of these folders? I can take ownership of them and hard-delete them, but somehow I think there's still a notion somewhere in the registry that this is a location to install apps to *Sad

Very clumsily implemented, MS.

Removing Windows Store App Install Location [​IMG]

:)

Forceflow, Jun 9, 2019

2. Can't install apps from the Windows Store

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to the location,
    C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb

• Delete everything in this folder.
    Note: This shall delete all the Windows Store files and update. You may have to reinstall the updates.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

Why can’t I find or install an app from Windows store.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

Apps & Store

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/apps-store

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Removing Windows Store App Install Location :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Removing Windows Store App Install Location

Windows Store to Pack "Mature" Games and Apps

They announce this right after they said weren't going to carry any of it... Ya think some investors told them to stfu and take money? *Laugh :laugh:

I wonder how long it will be before you can't install noncertified apps? The app store is the 1st stepping stone. Although, you'd have to be an idiot to give 30% to these clowns.

TheGuruStud, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Removing Windows Store App Install Location

1. Removing Windows Store App Install Location - Similar Threads - Removing Store App

2. microsoft store app location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft store app location: so i need to install an app but it wont change the install location i have tried all the stuff i found on the internet like go to systems etc etc when i do that it says install on D: instead of C: but the store is still trying to install on C: i rebooted etc after changing it...
  3. microsoft store app location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft store app location: so i need to install an app but it wont change the install location i have tried all the stuff i found on the internet like go to systems etc etc when i do that it says install on D: instead of C: but the store is still trying to install on C: i rebooted etc after changing it...
  4. Windows Store Apps install location is blank

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store Apps install location is blank: When looking at the Windows Store Application Enumeration in the vulnerability scanner, it shows all of the Store Applications.The problem we are having is that our vulnerability scanner sees BOTH of these versions of this software and several others like this example. The...
  5. Windows Store Apps install location is blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store Apps install location is blank: When looking at the Windows Store Application Enumeration in the vulnerability scanner, it shows all of the Store Applications.The problem we are having is that our vulnerability scanner sees BOTH of these versions of this software and several others like this example. The...
  6. Windows Store Apps install location is blank

7. Microsoft Store installed apps both locations

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store installed apps both locations: Hello, I choose Local Disk D for apps to install but Microsoft Store installed the apps both Local Drives I guess, and not just that, size of WindowsApps folder in C is bigger than D and I don't know why. When I checked the inside of Fallout 4 and 76 I saw game's exe files....
  8. Windows Store App Storage Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Store App Storage Location: I would wish to move the storage of my windows apps into a subdirectory on an external storage device. I'm aware that I can put windows apps on an external drive, but it gives me no option to set a subdirectory so that My drive doesn't have 3-4 different folders just so I can...
  9. Microsoft Store apps install location

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Store apps install location: Hello. I'm having problems trying to install games from Store. Before start I want to point out that I have an SSD and my windows installed in it so I don't have much space in it there. I wan't to install games to my other drive which called X. I installed Forza Horizon 4 to...
  10. Mail App store location

Mail App store location: Hello! I'm having some space problems with my SSD (where Windows 10 is installed) and found out that the Mail app is taking up a lot of space. Since I don't even use it, is there some way to free up most of this space? I tried changing the settings on storing only last...