Windows 10: Removing Windows Store App Install Location

Discus and support Removing Windows Store App Install Location in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Because I saw all the E3 news I thought, I'll check out how to install Windows Store apps to a seperate drive, instead of on my main drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Forceflow, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Forceflow Win User

Removing Windows Store App Install Location

Because I saw all the E3 news I thought, I'll check out how to install Windows Store apps to a seperate drive, instead of on my main drive.
    Unfortunately, using the "Change Where New Content Is Saved" settings pane for apps creates a bunch of folders in the root of the drive you change it to: "WindowsApps, WuDownloadCache" etc ...

As someone who wants to keep his extra drives clean - I hate that.

I've since changed the location back to my C: drive, moved all the apps out ... is there any way to get rid of these folders? I can take ownership of them and hard-delete them, but somehow I think there's still a notion somewhere in the registry that this is a location to install apps to *Sad

Very clumsily implemented, MS.

Removing Windows Store App Install Location [​IMG]

:)

Forceflow, Jun 9, 2019

2. Can't install apps from the Windows Store

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to the location,
    C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb

• Delete everything in this folder.
    Note: This shall delete all the Windows Store files and update. You may have to reinstall the updates.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

Why can’t I find or install an app from Windows store.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

Apps & Store

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/apps-store

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 9, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Removing Windows Store App Install Location :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 9, 2019
  4. Removing Windows Store App Install Location

Windows Store to Pack "Mature" Games and Apps

They announce this right after they said weren't going to carry any of it... Ya think some investors told them to stfu and take money? *Laugh :laugh:

I wonder how long it will be before you can't install noncertified apps? The app store is the 1st stepping stone. Although, you'd have to be an idiot to give 30% to these clowns.

TheGuruStud, Jun 9, 2019
Thema:

Removing Windows Store App Install Location

1. Removing Windows Store App Install Location - Similar Threads - Removing Store App

2. installing apps not in windows store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing apps not in windows store: how do I install apps that are not in microsoft store. I have a laptop 2 in 1 dell inspirion 13 series https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-apps-not-in-windows-store/c24efd85-7499-4fc4-b40d-d889967a6305
  3. Windows Store apps not installing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store apps not installing: So, I have to admit that this is the result of my own stupidity. I wanted to move over my C:\Users\USERNAME folder to a separate drive (D:\) to wear less on my ssd said and done, I changed the location of documents, desktop, music etc via properties on the folders in quick...
  4. Remove All Windows 10 Apps But Store

Remove All Windows 10 Apps But Store: Howdy, Recently I had something similar but the solution and other ones I searched are not working all... Running the following code in a Windows 10 Enterprose 1803 clean install x64 with: Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted = True Inside a Admin PowerShell Window will always...
  5. Remove All Windows 10 Apps But Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove All Windows 10 Apps But Store: Howdy, Recently I had something similar but the solution and other ones I searched are not working all... Running the following code in a Windows 10 Enterprose 1803 clean install x64 with: Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted = True Inside a Admin PowerShell Window will always...
  6. Windows Store will not install apps.

Windows Store will not install apps.: Hello all! This is a problem that I cannot solve on my own. Google was not of much help either. I can get to an app download page, but the moment I click install the window vanishes and reappears instantly. I made a screen recording of this happening so that everyone is on...
  7. Windows Store Games Install Location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store Games Install Location?: I have recently installed 2 games (Gears of War 4) and (Forza Horizon 3) from the windows store. I chose to install them on a separate SSD opposed to the default location (C\) drive. Now I know which SSD in which they were installed but after searching all folders on said...
  8. Windows Store will not install apps

Windows Store will not install apps: I've tried installing multiple apps and The Weather Channel app will go through the motions of installing, but won't actually install (I get the install button again after it says it installed). For the rest of the apps that I tried installing, I get error 0x8E5E0408....
  9. [help needed] Windows Store still thinks removed apps are installed

[help needed] Windows Store still thinks removed apps are installed: Hi guys, so basically I've ran into an issue with the app store where it will not let me install a game even though it is not installed anymore, it still show the game as installed... it's actually more than one game but it started with gears of war 4, may update had...
  10. Problems with changing install location on windows store

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with changing install location on windows store: first, tell me if this belongs in another thread or if it's been answered before but windows 10 does not seem to agree with me changing my install location for windows store apps as as soon as I change the location the apps hang on "starting download..." and continously retry...