Windows 10: Removing Windows Store from Windows 10

Discus and support Removing Windows Store from Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 using the media center option and it went well. Upon further inspection, the majority of the "core apps" didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ToeJamX, Aug 10, 2015.

1. ToeJamX Win User

Removing Windows Store from Windows 10

I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 using the media center option and it went well. Upon further inspection, the majority of the "core apps" didn't function correctly (or at all). I've managed to get everything working except for the Windows Store. It simply won't open. I get no errors, it just closes within a second or two. I've tried every tip that I've found both here and elsewhere and nothing works.

So, my question is, how can I simply get rid of it? I've tried everything from powershell to registry editing and it just comes back after running windows update or even just rebooting.

I have no interest in using the store and I'd just like to get rid of it. Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

ToeJamX, Aug 10, 2015

2. Store app missing in Windows 10

OT- windows 10 store

windows 10 store is removed from my pc automatic what can i do ?

mohamedhosnyyy, Aug 10, 2015
  3. built-in app(windows store) uninstalled

I used this command in the elevated power shell “Get-AppxPackage | Remove-AppxPackage” in Windows 10 , the Windows Store itself got removed from the system. Is there a way to recover the Windows Store?

MehdiKaveh, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

Removing Windows Store from Windows 10

1. Removing Windows Store from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Removing Store

2. Can I remove apps from the Microsoft Store library?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I remove apps from the Microsoft Store library?: I was browsing the Microsoft Store and saw a few apps in my library that I didn't really need. I was wondering if I could remove those apps from my library. I've tried resetting it, so I assume I have to delete that data connected to my Outlook account, or it's impossible to...
  3. Can I remove apps from the Microsoft Store library?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I remove apps from the Microsoft Store library?: I was browsing the Microsoft Store and saw a few apps in my library that I didn't really need. I was wondering if I could remove those apps from my library. I've tried resetting it, so I assume I have to delete that data connected to my Outlook account, or it's impossible to...
  4. Can I remove apps from the Microsoft Store library?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. How to remove malicious apps from My Libraries in Windows Store on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove malicious apps from My Libraries in Windows Store on Windows 11?: Dear Windows Support,I hope this message finds you well. Recently, I discovered that a malicious app infiltrated my system, stealing passwords and engaging in illegal activities such as uploading illegal content such as **** and ISIS propaganda to my social accounts. Was fun...
  6. How to remove malicious apps from My Libraries in Windows Store on Windows 11?

How to remove malicious apps from My Libraries in Windows Store on Windows 11?: Dear Windows Support,I hope this message finds you well. Recently, I discovered that a malicious app infiltrated my system, stealing passwords and engaging in illegal activities such as uploading illegal content such as **** and ISIS propaganda to my social accounts. Was fun...
  7. How do I delete or remove a corrupted game download from the Microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete or remove a corrupted game download from the Microsoft store?: I was downloading the Phoenix Wright: ace attorney trilogy game from the microsoft store and accidentally restarted my pc during the download, now it is corrupted and I cannot retry the download so how do I delete the corrupted download from the store to try and download it...
  8. How do I delete or remove a corrupted game download from the Microsoft store?

How do I delete or remove a corrupted game download from the Microsoft store?: I was downloading the Phoenix Wright: ace attorney trilogy game from the microsoft store and accidentally restarted my pc during the download, now it is corrupted and I cannot retry the download so how do I delete the corrupted download from the store to try and download it...
  9. One Drive has removed my files and stored them solely on One Drive. Possible to keep both?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive has removed my files and stored them solely on One Drive. Possible to keep both?: As with so many other individuals, One Drive has removed my files from my computer and stored them solely on One Drive WITHOUT MY PERMISSION! I want to save and access my files on my computer locally and know that One Drive is my back-up via scheduled syncs. I'd even be...
  10. One Drive has removed my files and stored them solely on One Drive. Possible to keep both?

One Drive has removed my files and stored them solely on One Drive. Possible to keep both?: As with so many other individuals, One Drive has removed my files from my computer and stored them solely on One Drive WITHOUT MY PERMISSION! I want to save and access my files on my computer locally and know that One Drive is my back-up via scheduled syncs. I'd even be...