Windows 10: Removing Xbox advertisements

Discus and support Removing Xbox advertisements in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I installed AD Blocker Plus but I keep watching annoying Xbox advertisements while a video is being played on MSN. It occurs each time I watch a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sarah Crockett, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Removing Xbox advertisements

I installed AD Blocker Plus but I keep watching annoying Xbox advertisements while a video is being played on MSN.

It occurs each time I watch a short clip on MSN in Edge

:)

Sarah Crockett, Mar 15, 2019
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Mar 15, 2019
  3. SIcam Win User
    XBox: How to remove a "friend"?

How do I remove a "friend" from Xbox in Windows 10?

Background: Xbox auto-suggested friends. I'd never seen the screen, so intended to find out who the first suggested person was by viewing their profile. Was the person from my contact list, or just a random person? Unfortunately, the click caused this
    complete (probably) stranger to be my first "friend." No thanks. I want to know who I'm adding. I don't see any place to remove this stranger.

SIcam, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Karen Her Win User

Removing Xbox advertisements

Remove xbox from OS win10

Hi,

Windows 10 has a variety of built-in apps, and Xbox is one of them. You can uninstall it by following the steps below:

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Choose Xbox, and select Uninstall.

If it’s not available, you can try the steps below:

• Type PowerShell in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell, and select
      Run as Administrator.
    • Type Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage, and hit
      Enter.
    • Exit PowerShell.

Since you’ve mentioned that you are having issue with your mouse, you can perform the troubleshooting steps in this article (Mouse,
    touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    ) before removing Xbox.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Removing Xbox advertisements

1. Removing Xbox advertisements - Similar Threads - Removing Xbox advertisements

2. Remove an advertised package

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove an advertised package: I advertised a package using "msiexec /j "install.msi" on Windows 10 machine.Now I am not able to install the advertised package from Add or Remove program.Moreover, I am not able to remove the advertised package.Where do I see the advertised package on Windows 10?How do I...
  3. Remove an advertised package

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove an advertised package: I advertised a package using "msiexec /j "install.msi" on Windows 10 machine.Now I am not able to install the advertised package from Add or Remove program.Moreover, I am not able to remove the advertised package.Where do I see the advertised package on Windows 10?How do I...
  4. Remove an advertised package

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Removal of Strange Advertisement

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removal of Strange Advertisement: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, I am having these promotions pop up sometimes, especially when I turn on my computer. This one is caused by USB Disk Security from Zbshareware. It is a Happyso advertisement. I have no idea how to stop or remove this. Could you please help me...
  6. Remove Xbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Xbox: Hello, How do I absolutely remove or disable Xbox?? I am not a gamer, but I like to play solitaire. It annoys me profoundly to have to fight with Xbox to do it. Please help me remove it. Thank you....
  7. xbox removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox removal: i don't care if we have to email back and forth. The Xbox app creates sooo many conceivable ways to gain access to a system . You send every version of Windows out with a built in screen recorder, sound recorder, and speech recognition software, as well as a keylogger and...
  8. advertisement

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    advertisement: after I installed new ink cartridges on my printer, an advertisement keeps popping up every 30 seconds thanking me for using HP cartridges and asks me to order from HP???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advertisement/0aa9bf9c-d8d1-42b5-8947-dc723b94f710"
  9. Remove Advertising and Suggestions on Lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Advertising and Suggestions on Lock screen: The lock screen offers suggest/links for additional information about the picture shown on the lock screen. How do I turn these off? Also recently Windows now displays ADVERTISING about it Microsoft points, this is unwanted, how do I turn this off. it is annoying,...
  10. Remove advertising from lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove advertising from lock screen: I get ads on my lock screen for something called microsoft rewards. Like the following: Like what you see? Who doesn't love free stuff? Earn points towards free games Millions have already joined, you in? What is this, an advertisement for male enhancement pills?...