Windows 10: rempl folder - what are the .exe programs doing?

Discus and support rempl folder - what are the .exe programs doing? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just noticed I have the rempl folder in the Programs folder. It appears that the programs in this folder are used by Windows Update? I have collected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ken429, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Ken429 Win User

rempl folder - what are the .exe programs doing?

I just noticed I have the rempl folder in the Programs folder. It appears that the programs in this folder are used by Windows Update? I have collected 100+ LauncherRemediation and Remediation .etl files in the rempl>Log folder. The newest is 12/12/2018 and the oldest is 11/15/2018. Can someone please shed a little more light on what the heck MSFT is doing with this stuff. Safe to delete?

I have been complaining for many months that every time Windows fires off a cumulative update I have to go to each machine on my home network and go to Settings>Network & Internet and do a Network reset so that the machines are Discovered and show up again on the network!

Most times I also have to turn off the Wake On... settings for the Network Adapter cards so that Sleep is not interrupted every couple minutes. When reading the stuff on the rempl folder it appeared that MSFT was doing this to make sure the updates worked or something to that effect?? Has anyone come up with a solution to these annoying issues other than don't use Networking or Sleep?

:)

Ken429, Mar 3, 2019

2. remple folder with no remsh.exe lurking at my program files

So basically i was looking in program files only to find a folder named rempl inside that has few files and of them 2 executables run as services and 1 as a scheduled task , and it had been generating log files every 12 hours from the period 28/9 to 24/10 this year . so by googling i get to realize that its some sort of an update microsoft impose on us pre major updates to collect data out of no reason but then what concerns me really is how to get rid of it ?

PS all posts keep referring to it as remsh.exe folder , yet i dont see remsh.exe file included :

rempl folder - what are the .exe programs doing? [​IMG]

nIGHTmAYOR, Mar 3, 2019
  3. why does the file explorer closes everytime a folder with exe programs is opened. an error

Hi

Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately it did not work.

The MS support walked thru similar steps, we even reinstalled, deleted the folder but with no resolution.

It is strange because this happens specifically on folders that have .exe programs. I can access other folders.

The programs within the directory are listed and about 20 seconds later it closes.

regards

Dorian

DorianDesouza Faria, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Rohn007 Win User

What is the rempl folder under program files

The programs in that folder are part of the update process:

http://www.what-is-exe.com/filenames/remsh-exe....

I haven't been able to find an explanation of the .ETL files in the LOGS folder 9in english that is). I have 1 weeks worth in mine. They appear to be in machine language so I couldn't read them.

As a W.A.G. I would say they could be part of the update undo / uninstall process.

Rohn007, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. rempl folder - what are the .exe programs doing? - Similar Threads - rempl folder are

2. Exe default program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe default program: Hello, I somehow changed exe's default program. I tried to reset all extension to default but it still asks for a program to open an exe file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-default-program/1eb10ee0-04bd-4a27-992a-74a9c9e8b5c3
  3. Exe default program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exe default program: Hello, I somehow changed exe's default program. I tried to reset all extension to default but it still asks for a program to open an exe file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-default-program/1eb10ee0-04bd-4a27-992a-74a9c9e8b5c3
  4. Exe default program

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. What does RtkAudioService64.exe do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does RtkAudioService64.exe do?: When I check RtkAudioService64.exe to be run whenever user login, I would like to know on what RtkAudioService64.exe is doing. Does anyone have any suggestions on whether I need it or not? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  6. What is REMPL folder in Windows 10? Should you delete it?

in Windows 10 News
    What is REMPL folder in Windows 10? Should you delete it?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In this post, we will explain what is the REMPL folder that you see in your Programs folder, what it contains, how it was created, and if you can safely remove it. In a line, the REMPL folder contains Windows [...] This post What is REMPL folder in Windows...
  7. rempl files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    rempl files: hello i notice that in my program folder is a folder called rempl.What is that?.Can i delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rempl-files/d23870cb-4508-44aa-82b6-7f58e2864a26"
  8. REMPL has appeared in my Program Files. I understand it is Virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    REMPL has appeared in my Program Files. I understand it is Virus.: REMPL has suddenly appeared in my Program Files, dated 2.2.2019 @ 1:46 PM. I searched and file that this is a Virus. What can I do to remove this and the underlying files? There are several associations that I have found and possibly more. Does anyone else have this...
  9. remple folder with no remsh.exe lurking at my program files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remple folder with no remsh.exe lurking at my program files: So basically i was looking in program files only to find a folder named rempl inside that has few files and of them 2 executables run as services and 1 as a scheduled task , and it had been generating log files every 12 hours from the period 28/9 to 24/10 this year . so by...
  10. What is this .EXE program? "DefaultPack.EXE" recent apperance

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this .EXE program? "DefaultPack.EXE" recent apperance: [img] It was created/Modified/Accessed all the same day about the time I believe I was infected or Hacked w/Malware, also couldn't get into Microsoft Account, had to use Parted Magic PWreset to gain access to my HDD but still awaiting the 30 day M.S.Reset wait-time for them...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rempl

2. rempl folder

3. rempl in program files

4. rempl folder windows 10,
  5. what is rempl,
  6. what is rempl folder,
  7. what is rempl in program files,
  8. remple folder,
  9. rempl logs w what is this,
  10. rempl windows 10,
  11. rempl app,