Windows 10: REMPL has appeared in my Program Files. I understand it is Virus.

Discus and support REMPL has appeared in my Program Files. I understand it is Virus. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; REMPL has suddenly appeared in my Program Files, dated 2.2.2019 @ 1:46 PM. I searched and file that this is a Virus. What can I do to remove this and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KayeForester, Feb 3, 2019.

1. REMPL has appeared in my Program Files. I understand it is Virus.

REMPL has suddenly appeared in my Program Files, dated 2.2.2019 @ 1:46 PM. I searched and file that this is a Virus. What can I do to remove this and the underlying files? There are several associations that I have found and possibly more.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Can this be removed/corrected?

Would restoring my computer to is Original (out of the box) settings be an option.

:)

KayeForester, Feb 3, 2019

2. remple folder with no remsh.exe lurking at my program files

So basically i was looking in program files only to find a folder named rempl inside that has few files and of them 2 executables run as services and 1 as a scheduled task , and it had been generating log files every 12 hours from the period 28/9 to 24/10 this year . so by googling i get to realize that its some sort of an update microsoft impose on us pre major updates to collect data out of no reason but then what concerns me really is how to get rid of it ?

PS all posts keep referring to it as remsh.exe folder , yet i dont see remsh.exe file included :

REMPL has appeared in my Program Files.  I understand it is  Virus. [​IMG]

nIGHTmAYOR, Feb 3, 2019
  3. DCnewbie Win User
    BEWARE: Spyware Doctor program is a VIRUS!!!

Also, I knew it was a rogue program because it would NOT DELETE when you went to "Add/Remove Programs". It wasn't going anywhere! It seemed strange but I never thought it was a virus!!! That company needs to be taken down. I am 100% sure this was an actual virus!! Any suggestions on where to take action???

DCnewbie, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

REMPL has appeared in my Program Files. I understand it is Virus.

How to uninstall a program that does not appear in the control panel?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Only programs written for Windows will appear in Programs and Features. If you don't see the program listed and you want to uninstall the program, check the information that came with your program, or go to the manufacturer's website. Most programs install
    automatically in the <C:\Program Files folder>. Look in this folder—some programs also include an uninstall program that you can use.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

REMPL has appeared in my Program Files. I understand it is Virus.

1. REMPL has appeared in my Program Files. I understand it is Virus. - Similar Threads - REMPL has appeared

2. Are these Viruses in my Program Files x86?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are these Viruses in my Program Files x86?: My anti-virus ran its routine scan and found 2 files in my program files x86 that were considered threats. I looked on the internet and have seen nothing about them so I am wondering if they are a virus or not.The two files that it found to be threats...
  3. new "program" has appeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    new "program" has appeared: I have a Surface 3 with Windows 10. Now when I start up and the desktop displays I get a pop-up box saying there is a program named "program" on the C drive that may cause problems with opening apps unless I rename it "program1". There is a file recently modified not by me as...
  4. new "program" has appeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new "program" has appeared: I have a Surface 3 with Windows 10. Now when I start up and the desktop displays I get a pop-up box saying there is a program named "program" on the C drive that may cause problems with opening apps unless I rename it "program1". There is a file recently modified not by me as...
  5. new "program" has appeared

6. I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY REMPL FILE THINKING IT WAS A GAME FILE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY REMPL FILE THINKING IT WAS A GAME FILE: I am worried if the REMPL file is necessary for windows 10 to operate to its fullest capability, or will it affect my future updates. If so, where can I redownload it or will an update fix it and reapply the file itself?...
  7. I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY REMPL FILE THINKING IT WAS A GAME FILE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY REMPL FILE THINKING IT WAS A GAME FILE: I am worried if the REMPL file is necessary for windows 10 to operate to its fullest capability, or will it affect my future updates. If so, where can I redownload it or will an update fix it and reapply the file itself?...
  8. I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY REMPL FILE THINKING IT WAS A GAME FILE

9. rempl files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    rempl files: hello i notice that in my program folder is a folder called rempl.What is that?.Can i delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rempl-files/d23870cb-4508-44aa-82b6-7f58e2864a26"
  10. remple folder with no remsh.exe lurking at my program files

remple folder with no remsh.exe lurking at my program files: So basically i was looking in program files only to find a folder named rempl inside that has few files and of them 2 executables run as services and 1 as a scheduled task , and it had been generating log files every 12 hours from the period 28/9 to 24/10 this year . so by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is rempl a virus

2. windows program rempl

3. rempl folder virus

4. remple virus,
  5. rempl a virus,
  6. remple file,
  7. remple folder,
  8. what is remple on my computer