Windows 10: remple folder with no remsh.exe lurking at my program files

Discus and support remple folder with no remsh.exe lurking at my program files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So basically i was looking in program files only to find a folder named rempl inside that has few files and of them 2 executables run as services and 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 25, 2018.

1. remple folder with no remsh.exe lurking at my program files

So basically i was looking in program files only to find a folder named rempl inside that has few files and of them 2 executables run as services and 1 as a scheduled task , and it had been generating log files every 12 hours from the period 28/9 to 24/10 this year . so by googling i get to realize that its some sort of an update microsoft impose on us pre major updates to collect data out of no reason but then what concerns me really is how to get rid of it ?

PS all posts keep referring to it as remsh.exe folder , yet i dont see remsh.exe file included :

remple folder with no remsh.exe lurking at my program files [​IMG]

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 25, 2018
  2. Rohn007 Win User

What is the rempl folder under program files

The programs in that folder are part of the update process:

http://www.what-is-exe.com/filenames/remsh-exe....

I haven't been able to find an explanation of the .ETL files in the LOGS folder 9in english that is). I have 1 weeks worth in mine. They appear to be in machine language so I couldn't read them.

As a W.A.G. I would say they could be part of the update undo / uninstall process.

Rohn007, Oct 25, 2018
  3. remsh

I'm not sure why its showing in the task bar, it isn't in mine as far as I can see, but if it's Microsofts REMSH ('BossDweeb' advice should show that) then I think its part of this update - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ions-1507-1511-and-1607-for-update-reliabilit and
    then look in the x86 and x64 tables towards the bottom of the article.

x64 -

Remsh.exe
    29-Sep-2017
    03:28

x86 -

Remsh.exe
    29-Sep-2017
    03:28

Do you have that update installed? Are you on one of the three builds it references (1507, 1511, and 1607)?

Often on a PC, its tucked away here - C:\Program Files\rempl

George222(2), Oct 25, 2018
  4. NamiWolfe Win User

remple folder with no remsh.exe lurking at my program files

RMPL REMSH Issue waking computer, turns self back on in task scheduler

It's not letting me embed the snapshots for some reason.

It says windows 10 Home

Version 1607 OS Build 14393.1770

I have a x64 processor.

It doesn't look like my file sizes match those listed in this article.

REMSH is 691kb

rempl 4kb

I just don't want it waking up my computer from hibernate.

Thanks for your help

NamiWolfe, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

remple folder with no remsh.exe lurking at my program files

1. remple folder with no remsh.exe lurking at my program files - Similar Threads - remple folder remsh

2. Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86: Hi, I found a folder in my Program Files x86 folder called MonthPigana. The only thing it contains is a .exe file called MonthPigana.exe. There seems to be nothing else I can find on my pc related to this program, nor could I find any information about it on the internet. I...
  3. Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86: Hi, I found a folder in my Program Files x86 folder called MonthPigana. The only thing it contains is a .exe file called MonthPigana.exe. There seems to be nothing else I can find on my pc related to this program, nor could I find any information about it on the internet. I...
  4. Suspicious .exe program found in Program Files x86

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY REMPL FILE THINKING IT WAS A GAME FILE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY REMPL FILE THINKING IT WAS A GAME FILE: I am worried if the REMPL file is necessary for windows 10 to operate to its fullest capability, or will it affect my future updates. If so, where can I redownload it or will an update fix it and reapply the file itself?...
  6. Is 1. Microsoft Update Health Tools 2. rempl 3. UNP folders in program files are Microsoft...

Is 1. Microsoft Update Health Tools 2. rempl 3. UNP folders in program files are Microsoft...: Hi, Yesterday after updation of Microsoft Windows, I have noted following 3 folders in program files: 1. Microsoft Update Health Tools 2. rempl 3. UNP Please let me know whether the above folders are valid or any of the folder is trojan virus. If any of those folders...
  7. Program's exe file missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program's exe file missing: Hello, So I ran into this issue where a program I downloaded Photofiltre 7 is now missing it's executable. It does even if I uninstall and reinstall the program. The installation shows the exe file being created, but than, the shortcut for the exe is blank, and the exe file...
  8. rempl files

rempl files: hello i notice that in my program folder is a folder called rempl.What is that?.Can i delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rempl-files/d23870cb-4508-44aa-82b6-7f58e2864a26"
  9. rempl folder - what are the .exe programs doing?

in Windows 10 Support
    rempl folder - what are the .exe programs doing?: I just noticed I have the rempl folder in the Programs folder. It appears that the programs in this folder are used by Windows Update? I have collected 100+ LauncherRemediation and Remediation .etl files in the rempl>Log folder. The newest is 12/12/2018 and the oldest is...
  10. REMPL has appeared in my Program Files. I understand it is Virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    REMPL has appeared in my Program Files. I understand it is Virus.: REMPL has suddenly appeared in my Program Files, dated 2.2.2019 @ 1:46 PM. I searched and file that this is a Virus. What can I do to remove this and the underlying files? There are several associations that I have found and possibly more. Does anyone else have this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. program files rempl loc:US

2. remple file

3. remple folder

4. rempl folder windows 10,
  5. rempl folder installed in program files,
  6. windows c file rempl folder logs,
  7. remple file program files,
  8. what is folder rempl,
  9. remple in windows program files,
  10. rempl folder in program files windows 10,
  11. what is remple in windows 10 folder