Windows 10: Renabling windows update after debloat script

Discus and support Renabling windows update after debloat script in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am no sys admin so im having trouble with this. I recently ran a debloat script on my windows machine and I am super happy with how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Oudwin, Oct 25, 2020.

1. /u/Oudwin Win User

Renabling windows update after debloat script

Hello everyone,

I am no sys admin so im having trouble with this. I recently ran a debloat script on my windows machine and I am super happy with how it left it apart from the fact that it remove the only windows program I actually use, One Note for windows 10.

I tried to reinstall it but it won't let me because updates are disabled but when I try to change updates to manual through services.msc I get a "Access Denied", I even tried to make my user the owner of services.msc but nothing. I would rather not have to restore the PC because I like how it is now a part from that.

Any thoughts? this is the script https://github.com/ChrisTitusTech/win10script/tree/master I forked it and commented out some of the program installs but that is it.

submitted by /u/Oudwin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Oudwin, Oct 25, 2020

2. debloat windows 10

Hi all,

Is there any script or tool to debloat windows 10 , remove all default app

Kieshan Somai, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Ghani728 Win User
    hello... I debloat my windows yesterday, after that I update the windows, can it restore the applications I debloat?

I debloat my windows yesterday, after that I update the windows, can it restore the applications I debloat?

Ghani728, Oct 25, 2020
  4. nkatsar Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Pros:
    • No need for a script, easy to apply manually
    • Much smaller download, seems that KB3020369 is not required, only SP1 is needed
    Cons:
    • Windows Update Client downloaded by the script is newer (June 2016 version is included in KB3172605 instead of March 2016)
    • You will still need to download/install hundreds of updates afterwards, most of them are already included in KB3125574 and installed by the script

nkatsar, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Renabling windows update after debloat script - Similar Threads - Renabling update debloat

2. WIN 10 AFTER DEBLOATING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN 10 AFTER DEBLOATING: Hi, I am facing this issue on my laptop after debloating windows. I accidentally debloated everything and half of my stuff isn't working. I tried reverting changes in the debloat script but that didn't help me. I even tried some Powershell commands to restore windows apps but...
  3. WIN 10 AFTER DEBLOATING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN 10 AFTER DEBLOATING: Hi, I am facing this issue on my laptop after debloating windows. I accidentally debloated everything and half of my stuff isn't working. I tried reverting changes in the debloat script but that didn't help me. I even tried some Powershell commands to restore windows apps but...
  4. WIN 10 AFTER DEBLOATING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. WINDOWS DEBLOATER GUI

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS DEBLOATER GUI: I ran windows10deblaterGUI for some foolish reason. I have read That the "REVERT" feature dosnt do such, and am wondering how to restore my system back to normal...PLEASE HELP...
  6. DEBLOAT scripts - how to edit?

in Windows 10 Support
    DEBLOAT scripts - how to edit?: I want to run a Debloat script on a new W10 installation, but first I'd like to go through it to see what's included\disincluded and maybe make some changes. How does one examine a script without activating it? 168548
  7. My taskbar's right side is flooded with icons after running a debloat script

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My taskbar's right side is flooded with icons after running a debloat script: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/L4ndF4ll [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jho8d4/my_taskbars_right_side_is_flooded_with_icons/
  8. How to renable searchui.exe?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to renable searchui.exe?: I disabled it due to high CPU usage and now I can't search for things. submitted by /u/Not-Cynical [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hae2xd/how_to_renable_searchuiexe/
  9. Latest Debotnet Windows 10 Tweaker gets debloating scripts

in Windows 10 News
    Latest Debotnet Windows 10 Tweaker gets debloating scripts: We have the Windows tweaker Debotnet several times before on Ghacks. It is a relatively new program that was released to the public in 2019 for the first time. Back then, it focused on providing administrators and users with options to improve privacy. The developer has...
  10. Windows Store is missing - Windows Debloater script

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store is missing - Windows Debloater script: Hi There Windows store is missing user account after using Windows Debloater script. I had 2 Local accounts and everything was fine after script was done. Once I created 3rd local account, Windows store was missing. 1. Trouble-shooter doesn't work 2. Cant reset-it...