Windows 10: Rename a Pinned Website?

Discus and support Rename a Pinned Website? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to rename a web site I pinned to the start screen? James... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesJoey, Apr 13, 2019.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Rename a Pinned Website?

Is there a way to rename a web site I pinned to the start screen?

James

:)

JamesJoey, Apr 13, 2019
  2. Chris NH Win User

How to rename a tile pinned to the start screen in Windows 10?

I hesitate to add this suggestion (because it has way too many steps and because the real solution is to allow direct renaming of Start Menu tiles), but there is another work around. Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere:

1. Change (if needed) Windows 10 to the Desktop mode.

2. Open the desired webpage in Firefox.

3. Left click and drag the "i" icon (just to the left of the URL) to your desktop, which will create a shortcut to the webpage.

4. Right click the shortcut and select Rename.

5. Rename the short cut as desired.

6. Right click the shortcut again and select Copy.

7. Past the shortcut into the C:\Users\<user name goes here>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs folder.

8. Find the shortcut in the Start Menu All Apps list.

9. Right click the shortcut in the All Apps list and select Pin to Start.

On the upside, the name of the resulting Start Menu tile occupies one or two rows as needed, and can be edited (renamed) by right clicking it and selecting More > Open file location. On the downside, the icon on the resulting tile is smaller than it should
    be. An example tile using Edge Pin To Start is shown below, on the left. The same website, which you can now see is the Microsoft Office Dev Center, pinned to the Start Menu using the procedure above, is shown on the right.

Rename a Pinned Website? 7ae3cd1d-1049-4818-8485-2acb973016f8.png

I'll end with an editorial comment. Common Microsoft, you can do better than this!

Chris NH, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Right clicking on a save website

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to rename the saved websites in Microsoft Edge. We will help you.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the "Hub" - 3 lines in the right top corner of the Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the Favorites and check if the Websites are saved.
    • Right click and check if the rename option is available. Click on that and
      check if it possible to rename.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 13, 2019
  4. CHig Win User

Rename a Pinned Website?

Can't rename desktop tiles pinned to start in Windows 10

Thank you, but unfortunately Windows 10 uses Edge, not explorer. I cannot seem to follow the directions mentioned above. Renaming tiles was so easy in 8 and 8.1, any other ideas? Many of my web pages "pinned to start" just show up with an e and some tag line
    that imported from the website.

Thema:

Rename a Pinned Website?

1. Rename a Pinned Website? - Similar Threads - Rename Pinned Website

2. Windows hello PIN reset on website?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello PIN reset on website?: I cant login to my account because it asks for my windows hello pin. I dont know it or remember setting it plus i dont have any windows devices setup to reset it in the pc settings app. Is it possible to do a Windows hello PIN reset on website? or is there another viable...
  3. Pinning a website to the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinning a website to the desktop: How do I pin a website to the desktop? a website that isn't in the app list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-a-website-to-the-desktop/ddce39e6-6d40-490b-b6ac-67f7e3ef2261
  4. Pinning a website to the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinning a website to the desktop: How do I pin a website to the desktop? a website that isn't in the app list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-a-website-to-the-desktop/ddce39e6-6d40-490b-b6ac-67f7e3ef2261
  5. Pinning websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pinning websites: For some reason I can no longer pin any websites. I go on to a website and pin it to the taskbar, nothing happens it just goes to edge. Why is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-websites/1c1196ea-5df2-4d98-a778-fb4c99c35219
  6. pin website to desktop permanently

in Windows 10 Customization
    pin website to desktop permanently: how do i permanently pin a website to the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-website-to-desktop-permanently/dd2e953b-5282-454b-bb2b-53c7f1b555e0
  7. Launching website pinned to Start menu

Launching website pinned to Start menu: When I click on a web site I have on the "Start Menu", it does not take me to that web site. I have to click on the IE symbol on the task bar. WHY? This has happened since I got the latest update. ***Original Title: Start menu***...
  8. Website issue pinned to Start menu

Website issue pinned to Start menu: When I click on a web site I have on the "Start Menu", it does not take me to that web site. I have to click on the IE symbol on the task bar. WHY? This has happened since I got the latest update. ***Original Title: Start menu***...
  9. How to pin website to start

How to pin website to start: How do I pin a site (such as a company) to the start menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-pin-website-to-start/6bb08dd8-f7aa-45bb-803e-f812163cb2fd
  10. How to pin a website to start window?

How to pin a website to start window?: How do I pin a specific website to my start menu in Windows 10? I was able to do it before but I can't do it now. Is there a limit to how many can be pinned to start menu? Thanks!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 rename pinned webpage

2. windows10 how to change name of a pinned webpage on the tile

3. how to rename pinned websites in windows 10

4. rename websites pinned to start,
  5. rename edge pinned qebsite,
  6. how to rename start menu tile in edge,
  7. rename pinned website windows 10,
  8. how to rename edge pinned start menu tile,
  9. can yo rename a web sitepinned to start menu,
  10. rename web pages pinned to start,
  11. rename a shortcut made with microsoft edge and pinned to start menu,