Windows 10: Rename a Shortcut in the Startmenu per CMD

Discus and support Rename a Shortcut in the Startmenu per CMD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I would like to rename a Shortcut, wich is created by a Programm but I always get "not found" as reply. I have tryed it with a textdocument on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by M.oif, Aug 18, 2019.

1. M.oif Win User

Rename a Shortcut in the Startmenu per CMD

Hello

I would like to rename a Shortcut, wich is created by a Programm but I always get "not found" as reply. I have tryed it with a textdocument on the same place and this worked perfect. And the CMD runs as admin.

Details:

Windows 10 Enterprise

Build 1903

Program: Autodesk EAGLE 9.1.3 and Autodesk EAGLE 9.4.2

Can someone please help me

:)

M.oif, Aug 18, 2019

2. Startmenu not "updating"

Hey,

I got the following problem:

• Newly installed Programs/Apps will not show up in the startmenu
    • Programs/Shortcuts I add to the Startmenu folders want show in my startmenu
    • Startmenu search won't find the new items either, even not if they are pinned to the startmenu

What I have tried to fix my problem:

• Rebuilding my search index
    • Reinstalling all windows apps, including cortana
    • Try to locate the issue with the System File Checker (sfc /scannow) ⇒ nothing found
    • Running the troubleshooter ⇒ returns "incorrect permissions on Windows Search directoriers"
      • changed the default Search folder where the index is saved
      • checked permissions for the Search folder (seems ok)

What I think initially caused the error:

• I switched from German to English on my Win10 PC
      • I then realised that a lot of my searchable windows settings still showed inGerman and not in English and were in addition not clickable anymore (nothing happended)
      • I could not fix the issue so I switched back to German
      • This made the Win10 settings searchable and clickable again, but since then my Startmenu seems to be stuck on its old index
    I am running Windows 10 Education with the Anniversary Update - which for me removed Cortana (maybe this issue is connected?)

Any help or advise?

Ciaran Baulig, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Symlink shortcut changes when folder renamed

Hi Toaster Ghost Burns Bread,

I have recreated your concern by going through these steps. Please let me know if we are on the same understanding about the issue:

1. On the Start menu, I typed %appdata% and then hit
      Enter.
    2. I created a folder under AppData and named it Test.
    3. Right-clicked the newly created folder and select Sent to > Desktop (create a shortcut) to create a shortcut.
    4. Renamed the folder to Test2.
    5. Go to the desktop. Double-clicked the shortcut and it was able to locate the renamed folder. (This is working as designed).

Just to clarify, do you want the shortcut folder to not be able to open/locate the folder when you renamed it?

We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Rename a Shortcut in the Startmenu per CMD

Windows and CMD- renaming a file in CMD

Steps I've done

Here what happens

• turn on PC

• start windows

• get blue screen ( message NTFS file)

• it reboots returns to diagnosing PC

• Diagnose and repair fails

• I move to advance options

• will not reset windows , I click on CMD

things I've tried
    commands:

reagentc /disable

reagentc /enable

*************************FAILED
    not recognized

Please advise

RandallBrock, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Rename a Shortcut in the Startmenu per CMD

1. Rename a Shortcut in the Startmenu per CMD - Similar Threads - Rename Shortcut Startmenu

2. Cmd

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cmd: I am trying to run a command om the cmd. It says i have to be the administrator to do so, but i am the andministrator. Is something wrong with my cmd? Thanks, Matti https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd/f977b64c-e9f7-4e8e-b30c-9fe74c575063
  3. Disable UAC prompt per-program. (Without shortcut workarounds).

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable UAC prompt per-program. (Without shortcut workarounds).: I can't seem to find any obvious or official way to disable UAC prompts per-program. I use VNC for work almost daily and those prompts just lock you right out with no recourse. Worse still is that the window doesn't always focus by default so you can't always shuffle the...
  4. rename cmd to command >bat file dont work Solution

rename cmd to command >bat file dont work Solution: hello guys i m look for a solution i m like to rename C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe to C:\Windows\System32\command.exe but then i m can not open anny *.bat file can you guys help me...
  5. Startmenu (left)

Startmenu (left): Hello! Is there any way that the start menu opens like this always? (Want the Windows 10 start menu to show the expanded start menu) [img] 125495
  6. Windows 10 Batch Folder Renaming - cmd?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Batch Folder Renaming - cmd?: I am looking to rename a bunch of folders ex test 01 test 02 test 03 and change them to test 001 test 002 test 003 I am assuming easiest way would to be using cmd I thought it would be ren "*" "*_0*" not sure what i am doing wrong...
  7. my apps and shortcuts and startmenu not working after latest update

my apps and shortcuts and startmenu not working after latest update: my apps and shortcuts and startmenu not working after latest update for windows 10 1803 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/-/6efc6885-4b4d-4917-a357-4ffb83dbed83
  8. How do I add a shortcut for a DOS progrm to the StartMenu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I add a shortcut for a DOS progrm to the StartMenu?: On the 32 bit version of W10, how do I add a shortcut for a DOS program to the Start Menu? 3080
  9. Something finally broke !!! @StartMenu

in Windows 10 Support
    Something finally broke !!! @StartMenu: Ok. It no longer works. I press the Windows Key and nothing happens. I press the button allocated for that mater, and still nothing happens. Ideas of how to fix ? Restart didn't work. EDIT: I know I can just revert to the old taskbar in the old build that was more...
  10. Threshold to Bring back Startmenu?

in Windows 10 News
    Threshold to Bring back Startmenu?: Now, according to Mary Jo Foley’s sources, the Start menu is being pushed back until the Threshold release, due in 2015. Foley says these sources have “good track records,” so they’re probably reliable. Separately, Foley says windowed Metro apps are still on target for a...