Windows 10: Rename a Shortcut in the Startmenu per CMD

Discus and support Rename a Shortcut in the Startmenu per CMD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I would like to rename a Shortcut, wich is created by a Programm but I always get "not found" as reply. I have tryed it with a textdocument on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by M.oif, Aug 18, 2019.

1. M.oif Win User

Rename a Shortcut in the Startmenu per CMD

Hello

I would like to rename a Shortcut, wich is created by a Programm but I always get "not found" as reply. I have tryed it with a textdocument on the same place and this worked perfect. And the CMD runs as admin.

Details:

Windows 10 Enterprise

Build 1903

Program: Autodesk EAGLE 9.1.3 and Autodesk EAGLE 9.4.2

Can someone please help me

:)

M.oif, Aug 18, 2019

2. Startmenu not "updating"

Hey,

I got the following problem:

• Newly installed Programs/Apps will not show up in the startmenu
    • Programs/Shortcuts I add to the Startmenu folders want show in my startmenu
    • Startmenu search won't find the new items either, even not if they are pinned to the startmenu

What I have tried to fix my problem:

• Rebuilding my search index
    • Reinstalling all windows apps, including cortana
    • Try to locate the issue with the System File Checker (sfc /scannow) ⇒ nothing found
    • Running the troubleshooter ⇒ returns "incorrect permissions on Windows Search directoriers"
      • changed the default Search folder where the index is saved
      • checked permissions for the Search folder (seems ok)

What I think initially caused the error:

• I switched from German to English on my Win10 PC
      • I then realised that a lot of my searchable windows settings still showed inGerman and not in English and were in addition not clickable anymore (nothing happended)
      • I could not fix the issue so I switched back to German
      • This made the Win10 settings searchable and clickable again, but since then my Startmenu seems to be stuck on its old index
    I am running Windows 10 Education with the Anniversary Update - which for me removed Cortana (maybe this issue is connected?)

Any help or advise?

Ciaran Baulig, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Symlink shortcut changes when folder renamed

Hi Toaster Ghost Burns Bread,

I have recreated your concern by going through these steps. Please let me know if we are on the same understanding about the issue:

1. On the Start menu, I typed %appdata% and then hit
      Enter.
    2. I created a folder under AppData and named it Test.
    3. Right-clicked the newly created folder and select Sent to > Desktop (create a shortcut) to create a shortcut.
    4. Renamed the folder to Test2.
    5. Go to the desktop. Double-clicked the shortcut and it was able to locate the renamed folder. (This is working as designed).

Just to clarify, do you want the shortcut folder to not be able to open/locate the folder when you renamed it?

We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Rename a Shortcut in the Startmenu per CMD

Windows and CMD- renaming a file in CMD

Steps I've done

Here what happens

• turn on PC

• start windows

• get blue screen ( message NTFS file)

• it reboots returns to diagnosing PC

• Diagnose and repair fails

• I move to advance options

• will not reset windows , I click on CMD

things I've tried
    commands:

reagentc /disable

reagentc /enable

*************************FAILED
    not recognized

Please advise

RandallBrock, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Rename a Shortcut in the Startmenu per CMD

1. Rename a Shortcut in the Startmenu per CMD - Similar Threads - Rename Shortcut Startmenu

2. Rename Shortcut Setting Modification

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename Shortcut Setting Modification: The windows rename shortcut setting is changed: For example, the rename shortcut is M, but you want to change it to F2 to rename a file or folder. Currently, folders can be renamed with the F2 shortcut, but the shortcut for desktop files is not F2, so I would like to change...
  3. Rename Shortcut Setting Modification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rename Shortcut Setting Modification: The windows rename shortcut setting is changed: For example, the rename shortcut is M, but you want to change it to F2 to rename a file or folder. Currently, folders can be renamed with the F2 shortcut, but the shortcut for desktop files is not F2, so I would like to change...
  4. Rename Shortcut Setting Modification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Startmenu\Programs Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startmenu\Programs Shortcuts: Hi so i acidentaly deleted most of my shortcuts in the StartMenu\Programms folder, i dont know where they are in my trash bin. is there a way to recover the shortcuts in the Startmenu\Programms folder.Thanks-Theo Kos...
  6. Startmenu\Programs Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startmenu\Programs Shortcuts: Hi so i acidentaly deleted most of my shortcuts in the StartMenu\Programms folder, i dont know where they are in my trash bin. is there a way to recover the shortcuts in the Startmenu\Programms folder.Thanks-Theo Kos...
  7. cmd Worm disguised as shortcut

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cmd Worm disguised as shortcut: The final question would be “How do I find what keep adding this cmd/worm to my usb?“This is my documentation of the worm, hopefully this can help people as I am still stumped by it.In the version I encounter in 2011-2 the worm simply hide the file as protected system. Now...
  8. cmd Worm disguised as shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cmd Worm disguised as shortcut: The final question would be “How do I find what keep adding this cmd/worm to my usb?“This is my documentation of the worm, hopefully this can help people as I am still stumped by it.In the version I encounter in 2011-2 the worm simply hide the file as protected system. Now...
  9. Automatic Shortcut Rename

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automatic Shortcut Rename: Whenever I name some shortcut with name "Control Panel" it automatically shows as "Ovládací Panely" as it's a translate of the name to a language, I use with Windows. Is there any way to turn off this automatical file renaming?...
  10. renaming cmd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    renaming cmd: hey guys i forgot my laptops password not long time ago so i had to rename cmd to utilman and utilman to ultimana. now i need to change it back and it doesnt let me bc of trustedinstaller. i changed settings that me (administrator) could change the name but it still doesnt...