Windows 10: Rename and Delete Network Profiles on Win10 (Plus Win8 and Win8.1)

Discus and support Rename and Delete Network Profiles on Win10 (Plus Win8 and Win8.1) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Unlike Windows Vista and Windows 7, Microsoft has dropped the GUI to manage (rename, delete and merge) network profiles on Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ilanio, May 7, 2021.

1. Ilanio Win User

Rename and Delete Network Profiles on Win10 (Plus Win8 and Win8.1)

Unlike Windows Vista and Windows 7, Microsoft has dropped the GUI to manage (rename, delete and merge) network profiles on Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (Why??) Unused network profiles accumulate in the registry. I was able to see computers with regular access to public hot spots, containing more than 100 network profiles in the system for no purpose. So I made this piece of software to manage (rename and delete) network profiles on windows. The program is very simple but you can read the text file in the 7zip. Hope it helps. Mirror: NetProf10 Castro

:)

Ilanio, May 7, 2021
  2. ZoulJay Win User

Upgrade from win8 to win10

I have already upgrade from win8 to win10 before 29 July 2016. After that my HDD is broken, I have to install windows on my new SSD. I use same key which I use to upgrade from win8 to win10 to install win8 (Niow it's 8.1). Today, I want to upgrade win10
    and I have some question.

1. Is there a upgrade directly from win8.1 to win10 ??

2. Can I use my win8 key to install win10 using windows10 installation media (with clean installation).

Thanks

ZoulJay, May 7, 2021
  3. Win8 to Win10

Your reply is not helpful. Are you an employee of Msoft? In spite of your condescending suggestion, I was able to go back to Win 8 thereby eliminating the bugs and instablnessability of Win10. Exception being the way Msoft trys to sneak 10 onto my Win8
    updates. Well I fixed this **** too by turning off the irritating updates.

Take a hike.

ThomasBillRay, May 7, 2021
  4. ikjadoon Win User

Previous dual-boot: deleted old Win8, now Win10 won't boot

Rename and Delete Network Profiles on Win10 (Plus Win8 and Win8.1) [​IMG]

EDIT:

Update. I tried Diskpart's set as "active partition" method, but I got an error:

Code:
    Code:
    DISKPART> list disk    Disk ###  Status         Size     Free     Dyn  Gpt   --------  -------------  -------  -------  ---  ---   Disk 0    Online          465 GB      0 B        *   Disk 1    Online          119 GB      0 B  DISKPART> select disk 0  Disk 0 is now the selected disk.  DISKPART> list partition    Partition ###  Type              Size     Offset   -------------  ----------------  -------  -------   Partition 1    Reserved            16 MB  1024 KB   Partition 2    Primary            465 GB    17 MB  DISKPART> select partition 2  Partition 2 is now the selected partition.  DISKPART> active  The selected disk is not a fixed MBR disk. The ACTIVE command can only be used on fixed MBR disks.  DISKPART>
    The 119GB is not another hard drive; it's actually the USB flash drive that I'm using. So, the only Windows 10 installation is on that 500GB hard drive (which is showing up as 465GB).

EDIT2: Well, I have discovered that GPT drives don't use 'active' partitions, only MBR drives do. I'm unsure why Macrium requested one, as it correctly identified it as a Win10 installation, but maybe Win10 can be installed as an MBR sometimes.

So, I heard some people in Kyhi's thread being suggested to try EasyBCD. Unfortunately, that isn't working, either:

ikjadoon, May 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Rename and Delete Network Profiles on Win10 (Plus Win8 and Win8.1) - Similar Threads - Rename Delete Network

2. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  3. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  4. win8 dvd

win8 dvd: I run my w8 DVD & this came up:- this is missing or corrupted "windows\system32\driversmsisadrv.sys," Error Code : 0xc000007d. Is there anything I can do to correct it? I bought this cd a long time ago & used it a few times as my spare laptop has w8.
  5. win8 dvd

win8 dvd: I run my w8 DVD & this came up:- this is missing or corrupted "windows\system32\driversmsisadrv.sys," Error Code : 0xc000007d. Is there anything I can do to correct it? I bought this cd a long time ago & used it a few times as my spare laptop has w8.
  6. Move discontinued Win8 app to Win10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move discontinued Win8 app to Win10?: Hello - There's a Windows 8 app I use a great deal on a laptop of mine, but it's no longer an app and not available in the Windows Store (the app still works great on the laptop, even though it's not in the Store). I got a new laptop and would like to use the app, but since...
  7. winmail.dat works on Win8?

in Windows 10 Customization
    winmail.dat works on Win8?: Having a weird issue and can't seem to find that missing piece to solve it. A user received an email in Yahoo. It contains both an excel file and a pdf file. It also has a winmail.dat file. If I open it on my Windows 10 laptop in Firefox, Chrome, or Microsoft Edge from...
  8. rEFInd with dualboot Win8 - Win10 and Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    rEFInd with dualboot Win8 - Win10 and Linux: Does anyone know how to get rEFInd to recognise Windows 10? Currently it just ignores Windows 10 and boots in Windows. Halfway into the Windows booting, an MS screen (blue) appears asking me to choose between two different Windows 8.1 installations. One of them is in fact...
  9. Downgrading to Win8 then upgrading to Win10 again questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrading to Win8 then upgrading to Win10 again questions: Hi, I'm currently having a weird activation problem with Windows 10, and I was considering reverting to Windows 8 and start the process again to see if that would fix things. I tried to use the 'revert to previous build' but it said it couldn't locate the required files or...
  10. Hmm... Overall I think Win8(.1 update 1) is better than Win10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hmm... Overall I think Win8(.1 update 1) is better than Win10.: "Reset This PC" Confusion Firstly it seems MS have gotten-rid of the 'Refresh This PC' terminology to describe the distinction between keeping files but keeping settings/apps intact, or removing both files and apps/settings (the old Reset This PC). After you make this first...