Windows 10: rename bluetooth mouse

Discus and support rename bluetooth mouse in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 2 of the same Logitech mice that I use with my Surface Pro 4. I am trying to rename them from the generic name so that I can differentiate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CJK_1381, May 12, 2020.

1. CJK_1381 Win User

rename bluetooth mouse

I have 2 of the same Logitech mice that I use with my Surface Pro 4. I am trying to rename them from the generic name so that I can differentiate between them. Everything I've found says Control Panel>Devices>right click>Properties>Bluetooth Tab, but when I do that there is no Bluetooth Tab, instead there is a Connected Device Tab. I can select the name and edit it in this tab, but when I click Apply I get an error saying Renaming device failed. After numerous attempts I tried renaming a bluetooth headset using this method and it worked. I determined it's not a Logitech issue either because I have a Microsoft Surface Mouse which I tried renaming as well and got the same error. Obviously there is no getting through to Microsoft...

Does anybody know if it's possible / how to rename a bluetooth mouse?

:)

CJK_1381, May 12, 2020
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Bluetooth mouse still freezes

Hello,

There are multiple possibilities why a Bluetooth mouse could act up. To assist you with your concern, you can try these following steps:

Method 1:

Check if the Bluetooth mouse and its Bluetooth adapter are working properly.

• Try installing fresh new batteries.
    • Try to unplug the Bluetooth adapter of your mouse and plug it back in.
    • Try connecting the Bluetooth adapter of your mouse to a different USB port.
    • Try to remove objects that can interfere with the signal of your Bluetooth adapter and mouse.

Method 2:

Check if you have installed all the updates on your computer. There are chances that you might get Bluetooth drivers through update:

• Go to the Start screen.
    • Type Windows update and click on it from the list of results.
    • Click on Check for updates on the left pane in the new window.

We also suggest that you try to contact the manufacturer of the Bluetooth mouse for other options.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, May 12, 2020
  3. Bluetooth mouse still freezes

• Try installing fresh new batteries.
    I did try that, no difference.

• Try to unplug the Bluetooth adapter of your mouse and plug it back in.
    You mean on the computer? It's built in.

• Try connecting the Bluetooth adapter of your mouse to a different USB port.
    See above

• Try to remove objects that can interfere with the signal of your Bluetooth adSapter and mouse.
    The only thing in the 1.5' between the mouse and the laptop is a chair arm and the computer power cord.

• Go to the Start screen.
    • Type Windows update and click on it from the list of results.
    • Click on Check for updates on the left pane in the new window.
    Windows is up to date.

We also suggest that you try to contact the manufacturer of the Bluetooth mouse for other options.

I thought I just did. It's a Microsoft mouse.

hustlinghare, May 12, 2020
  4. Iven 77 Win User

rename bluetooth mouse

Bluetooth adding wireless mouse

• Followed advice from Windows chat on how to add a device to Aspire laptop (in this case a wireless mouse) through Bluetooth. When I get to screen to select a device the Logitech wireless mouse isn't on the list. Any suggestions of what to do next please?

Iven 77, May 12, 2020
Thema:

rename bluetooth mouse

1. rename bluetooth mouse - Similar Threads - rename bluetooth mouse

2. USB Bluetooth Mouse or Bluetooth Mouse lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Bluetooth Mouse or Bluetooth Mouse lagging: Hello,I have a question about a mouse issue. I have a Dell Lattitude 5540 with windows 10 and I have an anker docking station. Everytime I dock, my mouse will lag and I have to click multiple times before it acutally opens something. Now i have a wired mouse connected and its...
  3. USB Bluetooth Mouse or Bluetooth Mouse lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Bluetooth Mouse or Bluetooth Mouse lagging: Hello,I have a question about a mouse issue. I have a Dell Lattitude 5540 with windows 10 and I have an anker docking station. Everytime I dock, my mouse will lag and I have to click multiple times before it acutally opens something. Now i have a wired mouse connected and its...
  4. USB Bluetooth Mouse or Bluetooth Mouse lagging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth mouse: I have Bluetooth mouse and yesterday it is working fine however today it is not moving at all. I check on my PC and my Bluetooth is missing. How can I turn it on back. It is not on the settings at all....
  6. Bluetooth mouse

Bluetooth mouse: I have Bluetooth mouse and yesterday it is working fine however today it is not moving at all. I check on my PC and my Bluetooth is missing. How can I turn it on back. It is not on the settings at all....
  7. Bluetooth Mouse

Bluetooth Mouse: I have a problem with a Bluetooth mouse failing to move cursor. I have an unusual setup, iMac 24inch and apple mighty mouse. This runs Win 10 only, all apple software removed appart from a couple of vital drivers for audio and video. All works great with wired mouse but not...
  8. rename bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rename bluetooth device: Following the directions:: "Click on Hardware & Sound. Select Devices & Printers. On the new window, right-click on the paired device and select Properties. Click on the Bluetooth tab and edit the name of your paired device. Let us know if you will need further assistance."...
  9. rename bluetooth device

rename bluetooth device: Following the directions:: "Click on Hardware & Sound. Select Devices & Printers. On the new window, right-click on the paired device and select Properties. Click on the Bluetooth tab and edit the name of your paired device. Let us know if you will need further assistance."...
  10. renaming a bluetooth device

renaming a bluetooth device: how do I rename a Bluetooth device I connect to my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/renaming-a-bluetooth-device/1150a095-16e9-49ac-9afc-25b9169ce339

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rename mouse windows 10