Windows 10: Rename capability in Pictures file

Discus and support Rename capability in Pictures file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I try to rename a photo, total file simply goes into spin mode and can't get out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Del#, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Del# Win User

Rename capability in Pictures file

When I try to rename a photo, total file simply goes into spin mode and can't get out.

:)

Del#, Sep 5, 2019

2. Trouble renaming photos and files

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app to rename the photos?

- Did you try renaming the photos directly from File explorer?

- Do you get any message?

I suggest you to rename photos from File Explorer and check if it helps:

Follow the steps to rename photo from File Explorer:

1. Right click on the start menu and select File Explorer.

2. Click on pictures present on the left side of the page.

3. Right on the picture you want to rename and select the option rename.

Help us with more information to assist you further.

Guru Kiran G, Sep 5, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Rename capability in Pictures file

Can't rename folders/files in Pictures or Documents Windows10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist with Document and Picture folder only?
    • Does the mouse works properly while using other apps/programs?
    • Did you made nay system changes prior to this issue?
    This issue may occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • Close the command prompt and restart the system and check if it works.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Rename capability in Pictures file

1. Rename capability in Pictures file - Similar Threads - Rename capability Pictures

2. File Renaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Renaming: Is there a way to change the automatic 1 at the end each each file with the same name? My company would like me to rename files for them. I need to name pictures the same name at the same time. I know that I can batch rename them but it always ends with a 1, 2, 3 etc... I...
  3. File Renaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Renaming: Is there a way to change the automatic 1 at the end each each file with the same name? My company would like me to rename files for them. I need to name pictures the same name at the same time. I know that I can batch rename them but it always ends with a 1, 2, 3 etc... I...
  4. File renaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File renaming: when i try to change a movie file name in windows 11 it plays video. When I right click to rename https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-renaming/a20da827-42c9-49eb-b5af-85946e1f9808
  5. Renaming Photos in MY Pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming Photos in MY Pictures: I went to rename a picture and somehow all my pictures were renamed the same. Can this be reversed? I called Dell Tech and they did a Go Back but it did not fix back to my original names of the photos. Now have 351 photos all named the same thing* Moved from Internet Explorer...
  6. Rename picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rename picture: Can someone please tell me how to rename a photo in the "pictures" file. The "rename" option is grayed out. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-picture/56b96771-b039-493a-b751-9ab2ce1b24f4
  7. Rename music/pictures folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rename music/pictures folder: [ATTACH] hi somehow my music folder on my computer got renamed to 'Pictures' and i cant seem to change the name to Music without also having the actual Pictures folder renamed to Music, resulting in two different folders with the same archives, if that makes any sense. ill...
  8. Renaming files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Renaming files: I am looking for a program or application that I can use to rename a large number of files in batch mode. I have 5 folders, each containing about 800 .tif files. The file names consist of a few letters followed by a 3 digit number. I need to combine them all into one folder...
  9. Renaming a file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Renaming a file: Just had a "bios" update on HP computer and now I cannot rename a file without getting the message " Don't have permission to save in this locatin. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. I AM THE ADMINISTRATOR AND ONLY USER! How is this fixed … please?...
  10. Profile picture, Start Menu and Renaming files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Profile picture, Start Menu and Renaming files: Hello! I am having a little trouble with my computer, my start menu does not work, it only comes up but i can't do anything. I can´t change my profile picture on my computer and when i trie to rename my files a popup window comes up saying ''Can´t find the scecified file''....