Windows 10: rename Cortana

Discus and support rename Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; in another thread the Rep replied you can not rename Cortana, yes you can I just did it. When you rename do not change the name just add ".bak" to the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by musky8it, Sep 11, 2019.

1. musky8it Win User

rename Cortana

in another thread the Rep replied you can not rename Cortana, yes you can I just did it. When you rename do not change the name just add ".bak" to the end. That way if you ever want to undo the rename all you'll need to do is remove ".bak".

1. Open task manager right click Cortana then click "open file location",

2. The folder with Cortana will open look for Microsoft.Windows.Cortana………....

3. Now in TM right click and end task for Cortana, as soon as it ends go to the file location, right click and rename(add ".bak" to the end do not change anything else). If you are not fast enough Cortana will restart and it will not let you rename. You may have to try this 2-3 times before you get it renamed. It took me 2 times.

:)

musky8it, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 11, 2019
  4. amd5750m Win User

rename Cortana

rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

rename Cortana

1. rename Cortana - Similar Threads - rename Cortana

2. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming folder in C:\Users: The chap who installed Windows 10 on my PC, I asked him to use my license key when installing. I see that in this folder: C:\Users There is a profile named Win10 I sign in with my Microsoft account, use a PIN. Meaning this is not a local account, I want to change the name of...
  3. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming folder in C:\Users: The chap who installed Windows 10 on my PC, I asked him to use my license key when installing. I see that in this folder: C:\Users There is a profile named Win10 I sign in with my Microsoft account, use a PIN. Meaning this is not a local account, I want to change the name of...
  4. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Renamer by EatMe new SETUP has a false detection with various names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renamer by EatMe new SETUP has a false detection with various names: Windows Defender finds several random named false infections on my Setup of my programmed software Renamer by EatMe. Program info page: http://eatme.pro/about-renamer direct download false infection http://eatme.pro/download/renamer-win10 .zip with SETUP that is detected...
  6. Renamer by EatMe new SETUP has a false detection with various names

Renamer by EatMe new SETUP has a false detection with various names: Windows Defender finds several random named false infections on my Setup of my programmed software Renamer by EatMe. Program info page: http://eatme.pro/about-renamer direct download false infection http://eatme.pro/download/renamer-win10 .zip with SETUP that is detected...
  7. Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back

Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back: When I right click on an icon it used to have copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename etc. now i need to click show more options and it is the most annoying thing in the entire world. I need to know how to fix it easily. its on my work computer so i cannot go into administrator...
  8. Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back: When I right click on an icon it used to have copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename etc. now i need to click show more options and it is the most annoying thing in the entire world. I need to know how to fix it easily. its on my work computer so i cannot go into administrator...
  9. Rename app for Cortana

in Cortana
    Rename app for Cortana: Is it possible to remain an application, so that it can launch with Cortana? I have an application that does not have a Cortana-friendly name and would like to give it an alias to launch with voice commands. Is this supported?...
  10. cannot rename cortana folder

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot rename cortana folder: I want to disable cortana. When i kill process and i try to rename it, when process is not running, i still get message access denied on administrator account. This used to work. Any ideas please ? 112794

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to rename cortana windows 10

2. change name from cortana note book info

3. rename cortana 2019