Windows 10: Rename Function in File Manager Greyed Out

Discus and support Rename Function in File Manager Greyed Out in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to rename a folder under Windows C: Users/ABCD to DEFG Rename Icon in the Toolbar is greyed out. Then I highlighted the folder ABCD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ntracs, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Ntracs Win User

Rename Function in File Manager Greyed Out

I would like to rename a folder under Windows C: Users/ABCD to DEFG

Rename Icon in the Toolbar is greyed out.

Then I highlighted the folder ABCD right click and the rename option is not available on Cut Paste and Delete.....

I would like to know how to activated the Rename Icon in the toolbar, to rename the folder from ABCD to DEFG

Thanks

:)

Ntracs, Jul 27, 2020
  2. Mayon Win User

Check apps and files is greyed out - this setting is managed by your administrator

Hi Lizette

I created a new users profile as per your advise but the issue persist.

Still cannot configure and the systems says ;\"this setting is managed by your admin" Does not make sense.

Any other suggestion is welcome

Thanks

Mayon, Jul 27, 2020
  3. File renamer utility?

Is there a good file renamer utility that's safe to use anyone could recommend? I used to use Gizmo's list for app suggestions but this particular application has not been reviewed in several years, so I don't know if those apps are safe to use or not.

I have many files I need to rename but keep the individuality of the names. For instance, I need to rename all files in a particular folder from yyyy.mm.pdf to AMEXyyyy.mm.pdf keeping the yyyy.mm data unique. Another folder has a ton of files that need to be renamed from yyyy.mm.pdf to Visayyyy.mm.pdf.

I had all this figured out a month or so back but have already forgotten how I did it using an arcane script in either cmd prompt or powershell, I can't remember which. And now I'm drawing a blank how to do it. Again. smh. So I thought a nice freeware file renamer might help me out.

speedlever, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Rename Function in File Manager Greyed Out

Check apps and files is greyed out - this setting is managed by your administrator

Hi,

For us to isolate why your Check apps and files option is greyed out, we suggest that you create a new user profile and see if the issue persists. For steps and more information on how to create a new user profile, visit this
    link.

We look forward to your update. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Lizette Ags, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Rename Function in File Manager Greyed Out

1. Rename Function in File Manager Greyed Out - Similar Threads - Rename Function File

2. "check apps and files" options greyed out - Managed by Administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "check apps and files" options greyed out - Managed by Administrator: The "Check apps and files" is greyed out & showing message that it is managed by administrator, though I am logged in as the administrator user. I want it disabled. Thanks....
  3. "check apps and files" options greyed out - Managed by Administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "check apps and files" options greyed out - Managed by Administrator: The "Check apps and files" is greyed out & showing message that it is managed by administrator, though I am logged in as the administrator user. I want it disabled. Thanks....
  4. Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out: 1. Previously, I deleted the New Volume D: using Delete Volume, in Disk Management. Then I restarted the PC. Unallocated space of 488.28 GB was visible, but Extend Volume option was greyed out after right-clicking on OS C:.2. In Control Panel\System and Security\BitLocker...
  5. Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out

Extend volume in Disk Management, greyed out: 1. Previously, I deleted the New Volume D: using Delete Volume, in Disk Management. Then I restarted the PC. Unallocated space of 488.28 GB was visible, but Extend Volume option was greyed out after right-clicking on OS C:.2. In Control Panel\System and Security\BitLocker...
  6. "Rename this PC" greyed out and two device names

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Rename this PC" greyed out and two device names: HiI recently renamed my PC which caused one of my software licenses to stop working. I then changed it back to the original name, but now Windows is showing two device names and the rename button is greyed out as shown below. Does anyone know why this happened and how I can...
  7. "Rename this PC" greyed out and two device names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Rename this PC" greyed out and two device names: HiI recently renamed my PC which caused one of my software licenses to stop working. I then changed it back to the original name, but now Windows is showing two device names and the rename button is greyed out as shown below. Does anyone know why this happened and how I can...
  8. "Rename this PC" greyed out and two device names

9. Paste function/entry greyed out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Paste function/entry greyed out: I am currently able to copy a file, text etc but can't paste as the Paste entry from the context menu is greyed out. Same issue when I use keyboard Ctrl+C and Ctrl + V. I have tried clearing clipboard, end and restarted rdpclip.exe and also restarted Windows explorer to no...
  10. Crop Function Greyed out

Crop Function Greyed out: Within the Camera App, if you take a picture, then click on the recently taken picture on the bottom right corner, this brings up the camera roll. At the top of the screen you have a few buttons. Zoom, Rotate, Crop, Delete and drop down for Photo, Document or Whiteboard....