Windows 10: Rename Groups of Tabs Set Aside in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Discus and support Rename Groups of Tabs Set Aside in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Rename Groups of Tabs Set Aside in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Rename Groups of Tabs Set Aside in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Rename Groups of Tabs Set Aside in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to: Rename Groups of Tabs Set Aside in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to Rename Groups of Tabs Set Aside in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

Starting with set aside groups of tabs to save them for later viewing. The tabs you've set aside will remain set aside until you either restore or remove them, even after closing Microsoft Edge or signing out of Windows 10.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17677, it is easier to organize the groups of tabs youve set aside by now allowing you to rename them, so you can remember whats in each group when come back to it later.

This tutorial will show you how to rename groups of tabs you set aside in Microsoft Edge for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:
    1. While in Microsoft Edge, click/tap on the Tabs you've set aside
    Rename Groups of Tabs Set Aside in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    icon. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on the label for any group of tabs you want to rename. (see screenshot below)

3. Type a name you want for these group of tabs, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

4. The group of tabs will now be renamed. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 5, 2017

2. Can't remove some old tabs set aside in Windows Edge.

I have set some tab aside a year ago and when I went to clean up the tabs they wont go away. This doesn't happen to all the tabs I set aside just a few groups of tabs I set aside a long time ago.

I open the tabs set aside interface

click the X next to the tabs I no longer want set aside

The tabs disappear

close Edge

reopen Edge

Open the tabs set aside interface

The tabs I removed are back

I have tried to remove these tabs many times and they always come back the next time I open Edge. I have clicked on the X that removes all the tabs in the group. I have clicked the X on each tab in the group. I have restored the tabs and then closed them.
    All these methods and the tabs are still there the next time I open Edge.

Other groups of tabs I set aside can be removed like normal but not these.

Robert Bradbury, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. GordonB-P Win User

Tabs Set aside.

The Set Aside on my Edge is a very small button on the tabs bar.

I'm not sure you can disable or remove it, but it takes up less space than half a tab.

GordonB-P, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Tabs Set aside.

I am trying to use Microsoft Edge; but I would like to turn off - Set aside tabs. I don't use them and I don't want it up there. Can you please advise on how to get rid of It, disable it, just remove it. Thank you for any help you may provide.

Lilcountrygirl3, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Mark Isi Win User
    Restoring Lost "Set Aside" Tabs and History on Microsoft Edge

Hi Project153,

Just to verify, have you checked if System Restore is enabled on your PC? If it has been enabled before the disappearance of your Set Aside tabs, then we can restore it by extracting these data from the restore point. You can refer to
    this thread and look for
    graye's answer for more information and steps.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Rename Groups of Tabs Set Aside in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Rename Groups Tabs

2. Microsoft Edge will let you pin Tab groups.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge will let you pin Tab groups.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tskh7i/microsoft_edge_will_let_you_pin_tab_groups/
  3. How to Name or Rename Tab Group in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Name or Rename Tab Group in Microsoft Edge: Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web...
  4. How to Ungroup Tabs and Remove Tab from Group in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Ungroup Tabs and Remove Tab from Group in Microsoft Edge: Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web...
  5. Restoring Lost "Set Aside" Tabs on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring Lost "Set Aside" Tabs on Microsoft Edge: I was update Microsoft Edge to new Chromium-based Edge. Where are my tabs set aside tabs that I had kept on the previous Microsoft Edge? In my Favorites & Other favorites folder was empty. How do i get back my set aside tabs?[ATTACH]...
  6. what is set aside tabs

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is set aside tabs: What is meant be set aside these tabs ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-set-aside-tabs/234f3d66-bec0-4459-b5a9-ee5812e182ef
  7. Lost all my internet history and tabs set aside during Microsoft Edge Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost all my internet history and tabs set aside during Microsoft Edge Update: Hi, With the last update of Microsoft Edge, I lost all my internet history. Also the 'set these tabs aside' feature seems to be unavailable, and all the tabs that I has set aside with the previous version are now gone. I really need them back for work. Nowhere was I...
  8. Set aside

Set aside: I have tabs they’re on set side every time I delete them are closed they reappear is soon as I open another window of my thing and every time I turn off my computer they come back is there a way to fix it...
  9. Set aside tabs

Set aside tabs: This takes up valuable screen space on my tablet and is more than annoying. Why on earth can it not be disabled? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/set-aside-tabs/0e485dcd-5b1a-4480-a10f-2e23762772a0
  10. Set Tabs Aside in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Tabs Aside in Microsoft Edge: How to: Set Aside Groups of Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Set Aside Groups of Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. renam tabs set aside edge