Windows 10: Rename Macrium Image File?

Discus and support Rename Macrium Image File? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I was recently trying out Macrium Free 7.2 and a couple of questions came up. I created a disk image and left the settings at defaults. There was the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by TV2, Mar 7, 2020.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Rename Macrium Image File?

I was recently trying out Macrium Free 7.2 and a couple of questions came up.

I created a disk image and left the settings at defaults. There was the part of the process where you direct the file to the destination folder, and this is where there was a warning to NOT change the file name of the image.
    Macrium assigns a random alpha numeric string as a file name that is not descriptive at all. I like to name my image files with what is being backed up and the date. I assumed Macrium would append the date to the file name but it didn't.

Does it matter if I were to change the file name during the imaging setup to my preference? Does this cause any complaints for the program in future backups or restore? My preferred format is like: "Sys,C,RE,D, 20-03-07" .

Also: in Acronis I can change the file name manually in Windows Explorer and they still work with TI. Keep in mind I only do full backups, not differential or incremental. Does Macrium tolerate this as well?

:)

2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Rename Macrium Image File? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Mar 7, 2020
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Rename Macrium Image File?

Why .ICO files blurry when you convert from an image?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to change a picture to.ico format and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Select the image\picture you want to convert into .ico.
    • Now resize the image to 32x32 using Paint or Photo Gallery.
    • Save the file and just rename it to with an .ico extension and also select 24bit bitmap.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Rename Macrium Image File?

1. Rename Macrium Image File? - Similar Threads - Rename Macrium Image

2. Dismounting Macrium Images

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Dismounting Macrium Images: I'm having a problem on two different systems dismounting Macrium images. One is running V2004 with licensed Macrium and one is running V1909 with a free copy of Macrium. Macrium is the latest version. One thing in common are the Images are large, 200GB+, one is in excess...
  3. Dismounting Macrium Images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dismounting Macrium Images: I'm having a problem on two different systems dismounting Macrium images. One is running V2004 with licensed Macrium and one is running V1909 with a free copy of Macrium. Macrium is the latest version. One thing in common are the Images are large, 200GB+, one is in excess...
  4. Image files renamed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Image files renamed: All the image files within folders have become renamed - so image 1 has image 2’s title and details, image 2 has image 3’s title and details, etc all the way through the folder with the last file having the first file’s details. I don’t know how I caused this, but I need...
  5. Macrium image mystery

Macrium image mystery: I have two images as below [img] [img] [img] Image 2 starting with A9 occupies 16.4 GB in disk but its disk volume is 25.39GB. Image 1 starting with 1C occupies 15.6Gb in disk but its disk volume 27.5GB. Why this anomaly? 117906
  6. Is it okay to rename macrium backup files

Is it okay to rename macrium backup files: I have renamed a macrium from its long chain of letters and numbers to simply D backup 010417. I read in another posting here that macrium sometimes will not restore a backup file that has been renamed. I'm trying to determine if this is in fact true. Has anyone found...
  7. Redeploy Image File macrium

Redeploy Image File macrium: I bought a new laptop. wanted to move the image from old to it . size of the image is 258gig. Did the restore fine. Ran Redeploy fine. When running Fix Windows Boot Problems the screen that shows Boot Code Options has four choices. Three are grayed out and you cannot...
  8. Macrium - What to Image?

Macrium - What to Image?: Setting up my new Windows 10 Home desktop. Downloaded Macrium Version 6 Free and made a rescue disk. Everything is on the C: drive. Version 6 gives me 2 choices of images: 1. Image selected disks. 2. Image partitions required to backup and restore Windows. Choice 2...
  9. Imaging a disk with macrium

Imaging a disk with macrium: I have tried several times to make an image of a windows 7 disk.. Using macrium reflect and it just won't do it. It says can't make an image of this disk.. no reason given. On the same computer with another disk that has windows 10, it works just fine, i can image it ok....
  10. Macrium Reflect does not find image file

Macrium Reflect does not find image file: Been trying M. Reflect free edition on a Dell Studio XPS 8000. I did as usual and created a boot rescue CD with the PE file with no problem. Then I continued to make an image of my boot disk C and save it on my hard drive D. Went to D and the image is there. Next I booted...