Windows 10: Rename multiple files on Windows without numbering?

Discus and support Rename multiple files on Windows without numbering? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to rename several files in Windows (Mark all and F2), but I always get a numbering in addition. I wanted to ask if anyone knows how to remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IUwUI, Jul 10, 2020.

1. IUwUI Win User

Rename multiple files on Windows without numbering?

I want to rename several files in Windows (Mark all and F2), but I always get a numbering in addition. I wanted to ask if anyone knows how to remove them without renaming each file individually. They are in different folders and I list them via search, where I can mark and rename them, so it would be no problem if they all had the same name. However, all files are now named "Name (1)", but I want them to be named "Name" only. Thanks in advance!

:)

IUwUI, Jul 10, 2020
  2. Navje Win User

Renaming a file into multiple different names

Hi,

I'll simplify question, I have one file that needs to be renamed and copied into multiple different names is there any batch in Windows 10 (OS build 18362.476) that I could use, I am also opened for any other suggestions?

Navje, Jul 10, 2020
  3. red268 Win User
    Gathering Names Of Multiple Files

Is it possible to get the names of multiple files and paste them in to Notepad or Word or something?

Not sure how clear that is - I've got a folder with lots and lots of films from holidays etc. I've spent ages renaming them all to something meaningful (Other than Mov0001, Mov0002 etc etc)
    Unfortunatly, at the time, I didn't think to copy and paste the names in to a file as I did each one. But now people want to know what things I've got - so I want a list of all the names without having to type each one out seperately.

Any ideas?

Thanks

red268, Jul 10, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

How to rename multiple sorted files while ignoring file extensions

Hi, suggest you play with this (or similar) - free for personal use, donationware.

Rename multiple files on Windows without numbering? [​IMG]

dalchina, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Rename multiple files on Windows without numbering? - Similar Threads - Rename multiple files

2. Random numbering when renaming multiple files on the desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random numbering when renaming multiple files on the desktop.: in Windows 11, if I select three or so files on the desktop, rightclick and select rename, the number in parenthesis does not follow the selection order of the files but is in a random order. I am constantly renaming camera video files and I always have to renumber them...
  3. Random numbering when renaming multiple files on the desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random numbering when renaming multiple files on the desktop.: in Windows 11, if I select three or so files on the desktop, rightclick and select rename, the number in parenthesis does not follow the selection order of the files but is in a random order. I am constantly renaming camera video files and I always have to renumber them...
  4. Rename multiple Xml files with unique reference number containing in it in bulk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rename multiple Xml files with unique reference number containing in it in bulk: I have Xml file which have one unique reference id, I have to rename each Xml file with each unique reference number. Is there any way to rename all the Xml files with their Unique reference number at once?...
  5. Rename multiple Xml files with unique reference number containing in it in bulk

Rename multiple Xml files with unique reference number containing in it in bulk: I have Xml file which have one unique reference id, I have to rename each Xml file with each unique reference number. Is there any way to rename all the Xml files with their Unique reference number at once?...
  6. How to change the numbering style when renaming multiple files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the numbering style when renaming multiple files?: Lets say I have 10 photos named randomly. I want to give them a uniform name, like "PHOTO_BW01"When I would want to rename multiple files by RIGHT-CLICK on the first oneSHIFT + RIGHT-CLICK on the last oneRename File as "PHOTO_BW" The output is "PHOTO_BW 1" ; "PHOTO_BW 2";...
  7. How to change the numbering style when renaming multiple files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the numbering style when renaming multiple files?: Lets say I have 10 photos named randomly. I want to give them a uniform name, like "PHOTO_BW01"When I would want to rename multiple files by RIGHT-CLICK on the first oneSHIFT + RIGHT-CLICK on the last oneRename File as "PHOTO_BW" The output is "PHOTO_BW 1" ; "PHOTO_BW 2";...
  8. How to change the numbering style when renaming multiple files?

9. Renaming multiple files on windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming multiple files on windows file explorer: I would like to know if there’s a way to rename multiple files at once. I’m aware that I can do that by selecting the files, right click, and select rename. However I don’t like how it renames the files. For example if I want to rename the pictures as “1” it will rename the...
  10. Rename multiple files to same name + number

in Windows 10 Support
    Rename multiple files to same name + number: Hello, I have a folder with a lot of files of the same type. I want to rename them all to something like name1, name2, name3, and order by date (so that name1 is the oldest) Is there a way to do it? *I don't want to use the select all and then rename option because it...