Windows 10: Rename music/pictures folder

Discus and support Rename music/pictures folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] hi somehow my music folder on my computer got renamed to 'Pictures' and i cant seem to change the name to Music without also having the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bxsxnnnxxx, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Rename music/pictures folder

Rename music/pictures folder ZyvzcYTQN4zEYtfHEe_qIfYvMEdVZbknSF48k8d99NM.jpg

hi somehow my music folder on my computer got renamed to 'Pictures' and i cant seem to change the name to Music without also having the actual Pictures folder renamed to Music, resulting in two different folders with the same archives, if that makes any sense. ill attatch some screenshots below

https://preview.redd.it/18eog27efsb...bp&s=1ee8b68f625d6264a3a80fabe4b7054922924089

https://preview.redd.it/sfcrchjffsb...bp&s=e2243e35e05b8d2e7718601a0c5575a763031328

and like i said before, its like i cant have 2 actual separate folders with their own separate content. if you know any way to change this please let me know

submitted by /u/bxsxnnnxxx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bxsxnnnxxx, Jan 16, 2021

2. files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 16, 2021
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Rename music/pictures folder

Rename Documents and Music folders?

hi, just read this forum again and i'm not so sure if my problems related to this or not. Anyway, wanna know can i Rename the Folders and How can i do it. I've marked the folders that i want to rename in the picture.

Rename music/pictures folder [​IMG]

this issue suddenly happens after the latest windows update.

hahaaOtaku, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Rename music/pictures folder

1. Rename music/pictures folder - Similar Threads - Rename music pictures

2. My Music Folder is in Pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Music Folder is in Pictures: All of my music on my Windows 10 Professional computer is in my Pictures folder. If I go to c:/users/my profile I do not see a folder for Music. Is it normal in Windows not to have a separate folder for Music? I would like the folder for music to be separate but I don't know...
  3. My Music Folder is in Pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Music Folder is in Pictures: All of my music on my Windows 10 Professional computer is in my Pictures folder. If I go to c:/users/my profile I do not see a folder for Music. Is that correct? I would like the folder for music to be separate but I don't know how to do that without causing issues....
  4. My Music Folder is in Pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Music Folder is in Pictures: All of my music on my Windows 10 Professional computer is in my Pictures folder. If I go to c:/users/my profile I do not see a folder for Music. Is that correct? I would like the folder for music to be separate but I don't know how to do that without causing issues....
  5. Videos and music folder both named pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos and music folder both named pictures: Hello Sir!Today I thought I would get round to the task of moving my user files documents, downloads, pictures etc. to my second hard drive. But due to some reason I am facing a problem that my Videos and Music folders both are named Pictures in Windows 11. I have rebooted my...
  6. Videos and music folder both named pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos and music folder both named pictures: Hello Sir!Today I thought I would get round to the task of moving my user files documents, downloads, pictures etc. to my second hard drive. But due to some reason I am facing a problem that my Videos and Music folders both are named Pictures in Windows 11. I have rebooted my...
  7. Music and Pictures folder issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Music and Pictures folder issue: Hello. My HDD with my files was dying, so I got a new drive. I had changed the location in properties from my C drive to the now drive before. I copy and pasted all my music, photos, and documents to the new drive. I then removed the old drive, and changed the drive letter of...
  8. Rename picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rename picture: Can someone please tell me how to rename a photo in the "pictures" file. The "rename" option is grayed out. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-picture/56b96771-b039-493a-b751-9ab2ce1b24f4
  9. Rename Documents and Music folders?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rename Documents and Music folders?: hi, just read this forum again and i'm not so sure if my problems related to this or not. Anyway, wanna know can i Rename the Folders and How can i do it. I've marked the folders that i want to rename in the picture. [img] this issue suddenly happens after the latest...
  10. Two 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Two 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders in Explorer: Hello, After installing Windows 10 a couple of years ago I followed this tutorial to relocate my 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders to my D: drive. Now, whenever Windows 10 updates, if I browse to %USERPROFILE% I see two 'Music' folders and two 'Pictures' folders in Explorer:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. steps to rename music folder