Windows 10: RENAME OF DESKTOP FOLDER NAME

Discus and support RENAME OF DESKTOP FOLDER NAME in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, My computer language is English and all folder names are English, but Desktop folder is shown as 'Masaustu' in Turkish language. How can I change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MuhammetCelik1, Aug 27, 2019.

1. RENAME OF DESKTOP FOLDER NAME

Hi,

My computer language is English and all folder names are English, but Desktop folder is shown as 'Masaustu' in Turkish language. How can I change the 'Masaustu' folder name to 'Desktop'?

Thanks.

RENAME OF DESKTOP FOLDER NAME 30293c47-415f-47f5-a46d-1e264ca57fbd?upload=true.png

:)

MuhammetCelik1, Aug 27, 2019

2. files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Renaming the users folders

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

You are trying to rename the User folder, which can’t be done through the File explorer. Whatever user name you use of your User account, user account folder will have same name. You can rename the Subfolder of the User account folder but not User
    account folder.

If you want rename the User account folder, change user account name using the suggestion

Lets’ refer to these steps to rename the User account and check if that helps.

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Click on Control Panel, click on User Accounts.
    • Click on User account, then click on “Change your account name
    • If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on
      Yes.
    • Enter the new user name.
    • Click on change name.

Reference link for more information.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename.

Windows 8 User Folder Rename

Please do let us know if you need further help.

Mohammed Yaseer, Aug 27, 2019
  4. RENAME OF DESKTOP FOLDER NAME

Windows 10 desktop renamed "downloads"

Hi,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

How did you exactly change the default folder for downloads to desktop? Is it through Internet explorer/through any other source?

As the issue started after setting the default folder for downloads to desktop, I suggest you to change the default folder for downloads to Download folder. (Follow the same procedure as you have did to change the default folder for downloads
    to desktop)

You may try this steps and check if you are able to rename the folders names for desktop and downloads.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows explorer.

• Click on This pc on the left navigation pane.

• Open the drive where Windows 10 is installed. (Ex: open C:/ drive if the Windows 10 is installed in c drive)

• Click on Users and select
      user name
      . (user name is the user you have logged in to the computer at present)

• Right click on Downloads folder and click on
      Rename and change to Desktop. (Do the same step for the Desktop folder also)

You may try to reset the view settings of the folders and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer.

• Click on the This PC on the left navigation pane.

• Click on the View tab at the top of the File explorer window.

• Click on Options and select
      Change folder and search options

• Navigate to the View tab in folder options window.

• Click on Reset Folders. (Click on Yes if any dialog box prompted)

• You may click on Restore defaults
      to restore the default settings for the folder.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

RENAME OF DESKTOP FOLDER NAME

1. RENAME OF DESKTOP FOLDER NAME - Similar Threads - RENAME DESKTOP FOLDER

2. cant name or rename folders or files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant name or rename folders or files: hi ,whenever i create a new folder it just creates as "new folder" then when i try to rename it ,i press rename and it doesn't do noting not even a error message also when i try SHIFT = LEFT CLICK on it ,it doesnt do noting. also i cant rename all my other files please...
  3. cant name or rename folders or files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant name or rename folders or files: hi ,whenever i create a new folder it just creates as "new folder" then when i try to rename it ,i press rename and it doesn't do noting not even a error message also when i try SHIFT = LEFT CLICK on it ,it doesnt do noting. also i cant rename all my other files please...
  4. User Name and Folder Cannot be Renamed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Name and Folder Cannot be Renamed: I sent my laptop back to HP for repair. They reloaded the entire operating system. They names my user account "HP" . I have now changed this to "pmaye" except File Manager does not reflect this change as a user in c:\Users\HP. How do I change the HP name to reflect pmayer and...
  5. User Name and Folder Cannot be Renamed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Name and Folder Cannot be Renamed: I sent my laptop back to HP for repair. They reloaded the entire operating system. They names my user account "HP" . I have now changed this to "pmaye" except File Manager does not reflect this change as a user in c:\Users\HP. How do I change the HP name to reflect pmayer and...
  6. User Name and Folder Cannot be Renamed

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Rename original folder name Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename original folder name Desktop: Somehow, I installed windows in Portuguese and later changed to English. My desktop folder as the alias name "Desktop" but the original name still is "Ambiente de trabalho" in Portuguese. Normally this works fine, but some of the software I use example Goodsync uses the...
  8. Folder name is been renamed randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder name is been renamed randomly: I have encounter a problem which is when my college create a folder or copy and paste a folder to the file system, the folder name shown in our perspective is not the name that she set but some random name like TKP67I~1 but in her perspective the folder name is just remain...
  9. How to Rename user folder name ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Rename user folder name ?: As you can guess from the title. submitted by /u/SolarisAZ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gsczbw/how_to_rename_user_folder_name/
  10. Can't rename "New Folder" or change folder name

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't rename "New Folder" or change folder name: I create a new folder. It's highlighted in blue. I start renaming and only the first character is accepted. Then I right-click and choose rename and the highlighted character(s) are selected but when I attempt to enter a new name, again only one or two characters are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change desktop folder name