Windows 10: Rename PC problem

Discus and support Rename PC problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After installing Win10 Pro to my PC, I want to rename my PC. I go to Settings>system>about as per manual said. Unluckily, after click "about" button,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PL55th, Oct 30, 2020.

1. PL55th Win User

Rename PC problem

After installing Win10 Pro to my PC, I want to rename my PC. I go to Settings>system>about as per manual said. Unluckily, after click "about" button, my windows back to normal screen. No information on "About" section as normal, it likes closing system page. Other sections under System are ok. What shall I do to make "About" to work out as normal so that I can rename my PC.

:)

PL55th, Oct 30, 2020

2. Renaming PC

Did the steps to rename my pc but when I restarted the computer it didn't change on my screen.

Went back in to re-do it but it was showing the new name. So, I restarted again to see if it would change on my log in screen and it didn't. Old name shows when waking the pc to log in but new name is listed when I go to About PC. What am I doing wrong?

YolondaCotton, Oct 30, 2020
  3. amd5750m Win User
    rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Oct 30, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Rename PC problem

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Rename PC problem

1. Rename PC problem - Similar Threads - Rename problem

2. Application has problems renaming/modifying files on OneDrive and produce "We couldn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application has problems renaming/modifying files on OneDrive and produce "We couldn't...: Hi.FYI - none of what is happening below is a problem with the regular file system.We have an application that is storing a set of text files YAML to a subdirectory of Documents, which is mapped to OneDrive.Lets call this subdirectory "Library1" and it contains YAML files...
  3. Application has problems renaming/modifying files on OneDrive and produce "We couldn't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application has problems renaming/modifying files on OneDrive and produce "We couldn't...: Hi.FYI - none of what is happening below is a problem with the regular file system.We have an application that is storing a set of text files YAML to a subdirectory of Documents, which is mapped to OneDrive.Lets call this subdirectory "Library1" and it contains YAML files...
  4. Numbering problem with batch renaming in Windows 11 File Explorer.

Numbering problem with batch renaming in Windows 11 File Explorer.: I have a problem with batch renaming in Windows 11 File Explorer in one set of images, where I want sequential numbers.I select all, then in first image name, right select and then choose rename, and replace the name with 01 and hit return. It then names them 01, 01, 2, 2,...
  5. Numbering problem with batch renaming in Windows 11 File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numbering problem with batch renaming in Windows 11 File Explorer.: I have a problem with batch renaming in Windows 11 File Explorer in one set of images, where I want sequential numbers.I select all, then in first image name, right select and then choose rename, and replace the name with 01 and hit return. It then names them 01, 01, 2, 2,...
  6. Single left click rename problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Single left click rename problem: Single click rename files in explorer instead of two like always. Please helpI've already tried all these methods given by John DeV https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/single-click-rename-issues-on-windows-10/78e939c7-84c6-4dd0-8069-2f8ac61d3bd2 didn't...
  7. Single left click rename problem

Single left click rename problem: Single click rename files in explorer instead of two like always. Please helpI've already tried all these methods given by John DeV https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/single-click-rename-issues-on-windows-10/78e939c7-84c6-4dd0-8069-2f8ac61d3bd2 didn't...
  8. Single left click rename problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Hey, noticed this problem where I can't rename the non-windows provided shortcuts as blank...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey, noticed this problem where I can't rename the non-windows provided shortcuts as blank...: However, i did not use the numpad which i dont think could be the issue but just to let you guys know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-noticed-this-problem-where-i-cant-rename-the/7359bd6a-0241-4cd7-a54d-39ba4eb32aee
  10. Hey, noticed this problem where I can't rename the non-windows provided shortcuts as blank...

Hey, noticed this problem where I can't rename the non-windows provided shortcuts as blank...: However, i did not use the numpad which i dont think could be the issue but just to let you guys know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-noticed-this-problem-where-i-cant-rename-the/7359bd6a-0241-4cd7-a54d-39ba4eb32aee