Windows 10: Rename system folders in another language

Discus and support Rename system folders in another language in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and a Surface Pro 6. When I set up my laptop I used an account with Mandarin as the preferred language. This might have led... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fluffypaw, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Fluffypaw Win User

Rename system folders in another language

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 and a Surface Pro 6. When I set up my laptop I used an account with Mandarin as the preferred language. This might have led to all system folders (e.g., desktop, document, and pictures) displayed in Mandarin. Now I want to change their names to English so that I can type file path more conveniently. Could you please let me know how I can do that? I tried change the language for my account and sync language settings to the device, but none of them worked.

Thank you!

:)

Fluffypaw, Sep 1, 2019

2. files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Can't rename folder.

Hi Howard,

It is possible that the difficulty renaming your folder is due to access/account limitation or a recent change was made on your computer. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting an error message when trying to rename the folder?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the "Public" folders?

We will be waiting for your response.

Dennis Mop, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Rename system folders in another language

Unable to create a new folder or rename a folder

Hi Edver,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I'll certainly help you with this.

I would like to let you know that you may not be able to rename or add a new folder from Quick access. It will allow you to open the folders that are frequently used, recently viewed files or the files/folders that are added to
    Quick access.

If you are unable to create or rename files/folders in other folders as well, then I would suggest you to run a SFC scan.

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc /scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Rename system folders in another language

1. Rename system folders in another language - Similar Threads - Rename system folders

2. Rename folder to OneDrive asks Confirm Replacement with another folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename folder to OneDrive asks Confirm Replacement with another folder: I have a MS Surface that I upgraded to Win11, then gave up and clean installed Win10. I have a SD card for data storage. In Win11 the OneDrive local directory was on the SD Card.After installing Win10, OneDrive created a new directory on the C drive. I want the OneDrive...
  3. Rename folder to OneDrive asks Confirm Replacement with another folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rename folder to OneDrive asks Confirm Replacement with another folder: I have a MS Surface that I upgraded to Win11, then gave up and clean installed Win10. I have a SD card for data storage. In Win11 the OneDrive local directory was on the SD Card.After installing Win10, OneDrive created a new directory on the C drive. I want the OneDrive...
  4. Rename folder to OneDrive asks Confirm Replacement with another folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer: System Folders Rename

File Explorer: System Folders Rename: Hello,Can someone help me how to remove this folder, it was "downloads" but it changed to "music".How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-system-folders-rename/6865b745-746d-4a69-9ae7-782d2906c01e
  6. File Explorer: System Folders Rename

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer: System Folders Rename: Hello,Can someone help me how to remove this folder, it was "downloads" but it changed to "music".How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-system-folders-rename/6865b745-746d-4a69-9ae7-782d2906c01e
  7. How to rename system folders?

How to rename system folders?: Somehow two of my system folders' names have been changed to 'Documents' instead of 'Downloads' and 'Videos'. How do I rename these folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-rename-system-folders/a323e748-e6c0-4b5c-8cac-4e3ebd93d004
  8. Windows has renamed files and folders into another language

Windows has renamed files and folders into another language: I have recently purchased a new computer and when buying it I always reset to get a fresh install. The issue is that it keeps re-naming folders in my one drive and my pc into what looks like Dutch. 6 years ago I used a computer I bought in the Nederlands that I used for two...
  9. Rename Folder for assigned to system user

Rename Folder for assigned to system user: I would appreciate some assistance with the change requested below: LAPTOP is connected to a network LAPTOP has a sign on account is connected to LAPTOP LAPTOP The has the following 3 folders are attached to LAPTOP impacted by the change request: - A1 - B2 - USERS...
  10. Rename Windows 10 system folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Rename Windows 10 system folders: Hi, All the folders less ShellExperienceHost in the following 4 folders, has been renamed. C:\Windows\SystemApps C:\Program Files\WindowsApps​ C:\Windows\InfusedApps\ C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Packages It has gone a few days, and still everything is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows folders in another language