Windows 10: Rename system folders in another language

Discus and support Rename system folders in another language in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and a Surface Pro 6. When I set up my laptop I used an account with Mandarin as the preferred language. This might have led... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fluffypaw, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Fluffypaw Win User

Rename system folders in another language

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 and a Surface Pro 6. When I set up my laptop I used an account with Mandarin as the preferred language. This might have led to all system folders (e.g., desktop, document, and pictures) displayed in Mandarin. Now I want to change their names to English so that I can type file path more conveniently. Could you please let me know how I can do that? I tried change the language for my account and sync language settings to the device, but none of them worked.

Thank you!

:)

Fluffypaw, Sep 1, 2019

2. files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Can't rename folder.

Hi Howard,

It is possible that the difficulty renaming your folder is due to access/account limitation or a recent change was made on your computer. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting an error message when trying to rename the folder?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the "Public" folders?

We will be waiting for your response.

Dennis Mop, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Rename system folders in another language

Unable to create a new folder or rename a folder

Hi Edver,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I'll certainly help you with this.

I would like to let you know that you may not be able to rename or add a new folder from Quick access. It will allow you to open the folders that are frequently used, recently viewed files or the files/folders that are added to
    Quick access.

If you are unable to create or rename files/folders in other folders as well, then I would suggest you to run a SFC scan.

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc /scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Rename system folders in another language

1. Rename system folders in another language - Similar Threads - Rename system folders

2. folders and emails from Microsoft coming in another language

in Windows 10 Customization
    folders and emails from Microsoft coming in another language: 6 Years ago I purchased a laptop when I lived in the Nederlands and created my Microsoft account there, the day I got the laptop I changed the language an region to the United Kingdom and I have not used that computer in a year. my have consistently been getting Microsoft...
  3. Renaming and moving folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming and moving folders: When, if ever, is Microsoft going to fix the highly annoying problem that prevents folders from being moved or renamed? This has existed for some times and all kinds of "fixes" can be found on the Web but none of them work. The only fix is to do it with the Run Command, but...
  4. Renaming Folder Slow

Renaming Folder Slow: Hi I've been having a problem with a delay renaming a file/folder (which takes atleast about 12 seconds) No idea why... i've tried in safe mode and there's no delay at all could someone help me out with this issue? if i do a clean reboot does that means my projects and...
  5. renaming folders

renaming folders: I cannot rename folders with the usual right click method. When I right click and try to rename, I get 2 messages: 1) "Can't find the specified file." Then when I x out of that message, I get: 2) "The file or folder does not exist." I can rename the folder by going to the...
  6. Windows has renamed files and folders into another language

Windows has renamed files and folders into another language: I have recently purchased a new computer and when buying it I always reset to get a fresh install. The issue is that it keeps re-naming folders in my one drive and my pc into what looks like Dutch. 6 years ago I used a computer I bought in the Nederlands that I used for two...
  7. Rename Folder for assigned to system user

Rename Folder for assigned to system user: I would appreciate some assistance with the change requested below: LAPTOP is connected to a network LAPTOP has a sign on account is connected to LAPTOP LAPTOP The has the following 3 folders are attached to LAPTOP impacted by the change request: - A1 - B2 - USERS...
  8. Rename file folder

Rename file folder: When I am trying to rename a number of files. I can do one and then for the next ones the program says the file is in use and cannot be changed. It is not in use anywhere. In order to rename, I have to close right out of File Explorer and then go back in and rename one file...
  9. Rename folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rename folder: Hi It's not possible Rename. When you change the name, all five folders change to the same. Best regards, Peter[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/rename-folder/5ae40fa8-392b-4a94-ace7-fc1d5aa6c2ab
  10. Rename Windows 10 system folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Rename Windows 10 system folders: Hi, All the folders less ShellExperienceHost in the following 4 folders, has been renamed. C:\Windows\SystemApps C:\Program Files\WindowsApps​ C:\Windows\InfusedApps\ C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Packages It has gone a few days, and still everything is...