Windows 10: Rename Tiles

Discus and support Rename Tiles in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In WIN10 how do you rename individual tiles in the START menu?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Took A Chance, May 27, 2020.

1. Rename Tiles

In WIN10 how do you rename individual tiles in the START menu?

:)

Took A Chance, May 27, 2020
  2. Shilohbob Win User

Is there anyway of renaming tiles on windows 10?

Any tiles that allows you to select "Open file location', as shown below, you can rename:

Tiles produced by 'Edge' & Store do not give option select "Open file location", so at this stage these tiles can not be renamed, if the location which they are stored can be located, you maybe able to rename them.

IU have been unable to locate t5he stored location, so far.

Rename Tiles 0953877d-f3c1-498d-a1e3-4fefa400312f.png

When you open file location r/click on tile you want to rename & select rename from selection box.

Changing to icon is not possible at this stage.

I agree, it does appear to be a step backwards compared to W8.1, feedback is the better option than the forum for comments / suggestions, especially if you would like something done about it.

Rename Tiles ef94a72e-1cbd-403c-975d-b1cea868986f.png

Shilohbob, May 27, 2020
  3. pajonesxc Win User
    Rename an individual tile on start

I would like to rename tiles that I added to Start from websites. Can't find a menu item to this in Windows 10 after April update. Needing suggestions for ANY way to rename these tiles. or choose the name while on website before adding to Start. Thank
    you.

pajonesxc, May 27, 2020
  4. Ramesh K. Win User

Rename Tiles

Rename tiles in win10, HOW DO I DO THIS!

I thought John's complaint regarding the inability to (easily) rename tiles in Windows 10 was extremely clear in his original post.

No offence, but it's kinda strange to see a mod and Windows 10 "launch expert" say this.

To rename tiles for traditional desktop programs:

• Right-click the tile to be renamed, go to "More" and select "Open file location"
    • Right-click the shortcut name that you want to change, rename it and close the window
    To rename tiles for Modern/Store apps:

• Drag and drop the tile from the Start menu to the desktop
    • Right-click the tile in the Start menu and select "Unpin from Start"
    • Right-click the shortcut to the app created on the desktop and rename it
    • Right-click the shortcut again and select "Pin to Start"
    • (Optional) Delete the shortcut from the desktop
    Now why do we have to jump through all these hoops and deal with such nonsense just to rename tiles to what we want? Because Microsoft is an **** and for some weird reason
    really doesn't want us any more to customise the Start menu the way we want it.

Ramesh K., May 27, 2020
Thema:

Rename Tiles

1. Rename Tiles - Similar Threads - Rename Tiles

2. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming folder in C:\Users: The chap who installed Windows 10 on my PC, I asked him to use my license key when installing. I see that in this folder: C:\Users There is a profile named Win10 I sign in with my Microsoft account, use a PIN. Meaning this is not a local account, I want to change the name of...
  3. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming folder in C:\Users: The chap who installed Windows 10 on my PC, I asked him to use my license key when installing. I see that in this folder: C:\Users There is a profile named Win10 I sign in with my Microsoft account, use a PIN. Meaning this is not a local account, I want to change the name of...
  4. Renaming folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Renamer by EatMe new SETUP has a false detection with various names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renamer by EatMe new SETUP has a false detection with various names: Windows Defender finds several random named false infections on my Setup of my programmed software Renamer by EatMe. Program info page: http://eatme.pro/about-renamer direct download false infection http://eatme.pro/download/renamer-win10 .zip with SETUP that is detected...
  6. Renamer by EatMe new SETUP has a false detection with various names

Renamer by EatMe new SETUP has a false detection with various names: Windows Defender finds several random named false infections on my Setup of my programmed software Renamer by EatMe. Program info page: http://eatme.pro/about-renamer direct download false infection http://eatme.pro/download/renamer-win10 .zip with SETUP that is detected...
  7. Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back

Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back: When I right click on an icon it used to have copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename etc. now i need to click show more options and it is the most annoying thing in the entire world. I need to know how to fix it easily. its on my work computer so i cannot go into administrator...
  8. Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click has lost copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename. I need the original menu back: When I right click on an icon it used to have copy/paste/cut/new folder/rename etc. now i need to click show more options and it is the most annoying thing in the entire world. I need to know how to fix it easily. its on my work computer so i cannot go into administrator...
  9. All folders are renamed and I cant fix them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All folders are renamed and I cant fix them: All of my folders are labelled “downloads” and my documents folder “D:\” it won’t let me rename them and I don’t know how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-folders-are-renamed-and-i-cant-fix-them/d8d62538-5ed3-4824-9eee-0ea74b096c53
  10. Any Way to Rename Start Menu Tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Any Way to Rename Start Menu Tiles: Title says it all -- In particular, Windows Update tile which was created by right-clicking on Update & security box in settings and selecting Pin to Start. The tile opens up the Windows Update page and I would like to rename the tile to say Windows Update ( or Win Update...