Windows 10: Renamed a pinter, now can't access it

Discus and support Renamed a pinter, now can't access it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed a printer on my PC. It created two printers in Devices and Printers - one for normal printing and one for sending faxes. I tried renaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LironL, May 16, 2019.

1. LironL Win User

Renamed a pinter, now can't access it

I installed a printer on my PC. It created two printers in Devices and Printers - one for normal printing and one for sending faxes. I tried renaming the one for sending faxes, and I succeeded, but now the printer is grayed out and I can't access it any more. If I double click on the printer, I get error 0x00000709.

I renamed the printer by right-clicking on the printer in Control Panel -> Devices and Printers, selecting Printer Properties, renaming the printer in the window and clicking OK.

I still have drivers for the printer listed in Device Manager, but one of them is grayed out.

How do I get access to my printer back?

:)

LironL, May 16, 2019

2. Can't rename folder.

Hi Howard,

It is possible that the difficulty renaming your folder is due to access/account limitation or a recent change was made on your computer. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting an error message when trying to rename the folder?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the "Public" folders?

We will be waiting for your response.

Dennis Mop, May 16, 2019
  3. amd5750m Win User
    rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, May 16, 2019
  4. Renamed a pinter, now can't access it

Can't rename folder.

Thank you for following the steps. What we can try is using the Command Prompt to rename the folder. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type "command prompt".
    • Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter this command: cd /X: (X represents the drive where the folder is).
    • Copy and paste this command after entering the first one: icacls * /T /Q /C /RESET.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows

Dennis Mop, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Renamed a pinter, now can't access it

1. Renamed a pinter, now can't access it - Similar Threads - Renamed pinter can't

2. Renamed a pinter, now having problems accessing it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Renamed a pinter, now having problems accessing it: I installed a printer on my PC. It created two printers in Devices and Printers - one for normal printing and one for sending faxes. I tried renaming the one for sending faxes, and I succeeded, but now the printer is grayed out and I can't access it any more. If I double...
  3. Can't rename any drive to "M"

Can't rename any drive to "M": When I try to rename any drive, external or internal, the drive isn't seen in "This PC". Any other letter works fine. The renamed drive can be seen and even accessed (right click > open) in Disk Management or MiniTool. It was suggested that I try "mountvol /r" but to no...
  4. Pinters stop working

Pinters stop working: Hello, I am using windows 10 and recently the printers stopped working. I have two different printers attached, a Samsung by cable, and a Xerox that can be cable or Wifi. The first thing I did was uninstall the printers and reinstall them in case they'd missed a drive...
  5. 1803 update -- now can't access mail.

in Browsers and Email
    1803 update -- now can't access mail.: Feeling embarrassed to ask as I suspect this might be something really simple. Since updating to 1803 yesterday, I've lost access to all of my email accounts in the Windows Mail app. Every one says "System error" and "Can't get mail". Any advice please? 109348
  6. Updated to 1703 and now can't access hard drives.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Updated to 1703 and now can't access hard drives.: I just upgraded to the new Windows Creator's Edition. I previously tried the upgrade on my laptop and everything went smoothly. So I decided to upgrade my desktop (both are a little over a year old and configured similarly). I have a second physical internal drive (my D...
  7. Can't move or rename folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move or rename folders: When I try to move or rename a folder I get Can't find the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name. It seems that right-clicking would tell windows where the folder is. When I make a new folder it comes as Folder 1, Folder 2 etc. When I...
  8. I can't rename files on the deskttop (File Access Denied)

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't rename files on the deskttop (File Access Denied): I am the administrator, but whenever i try to rename a file on the desktop it says "File Access Denied" and that i need to provide administrator permission to rename the file. How to fix it? 73371
  9. Can't rename or move folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't rename or move folders: Hello, After installing KB3124200 & KB3116900 updates, I'm no longer able to rename or move folders. When I try, it gives the error "Can't find the specified file". I have done sfc /scannow but it didn't help. Also, I have run default file associations registry files...
  10. Can't rename. File in use.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't rename. File in use.: I keep getting an error message about renaming a file that is in use. I made sure everything is closed, including files, folders & programs. I closed windows explorer as well. The file I want to rename is definitely not open anywhere. Help Please, 44380