Windows 10: Renamed a pinter, now can't access it

Discus and support Renamed a pinter, now can't access it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed a printer on my PC. It created two printers in Devices and Printers - one for normal printing and one for sending faxes. I tried renaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LironL, May 16, 2019.

1. LironL Win User

Renamed a pinter, now can't access it

I installed a printer on my PC. It created two printers in Devices and Printers - one for normal printing and one for sending faxes. I tried renaming the one for sending faxes, and I succeeded, but now the printer is grayed out and I can't access it any more. If I double click on the printer, I get error 0x00000709.

I renamed the printer by right-clicking on the printer in Control Panel -> Devices and Printers, selecting Printer Properties, renaming the printer in the window and clicking OK.

I still have drivers for the printer listed in Device Manager, but one of them is grayed out.

How do I get access to my printer back?

:)

LironL, May 16, 2019

2. Can't rename folder.

Hi Howard,

It is possible that the difficulty renaming your folder is due to access/account limitation or a recent change was made on your computer. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting an error message when trying to rename the folder?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the "Public" folders?

We will be waiting for your response.

Dennis Mop, May 16, 2019
  3. amd5750m Win User
    rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, May 16, 2019
  4. Renamed a pinter, now can't access it

Can't rename folder.

Thank you for following the steps. What we can try is using the Command Prompt to rename the folder. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type "command prompt".
    • Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter this command: cd /X: (X represents the drive where the folder is).
    • Copy and paste this command after entering the first one: icacls * /T /Q /C /RESET.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows

Dennis Mop, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Renamed a pinter, now can't access it

1. Renamed a pinter, now can't access it - Similar Threads - Renamed pinter can't

2. Tried to rename PC, now it has two names and can't be renamed again

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tried to rename PC, now it has two names and can't be renamed again: Hey, so since there are some people on my work network that I didn't want to see my pc, I tried to change it's name so they wouldn't know its me. I clicked on rename this PC in the About section of the normal windows 10 settings, and then I shut it down just to restart it...
  3. Pinter error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinter error: Hello, When I try to add my printer under "Printer and Scanners", it takes to me to a window to sign to a work account that is no longer active. It gives me an option to sign-in with a different account and when I use my hotmail account, I get the following message. Also, my...
  4. Pinter error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinter error: Hello, When I try to add my printer under "Printer and Scanners", it takes to me to a window to sign to a work account that is no longer active. It gives me an option to sign-in with a different account and when I use my hotmail account, I get the following message. Also, my...
  5. Pinter offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pinter offline: How do I change my printer from offline to online? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinter-offline/349ac070-4686-42d3-8bfb-29c077e08ed5
  6. photosmart C7200 pinter

photosmart C7200 pinter: My dell laptop doesn't recolonise my printer says it is offline.My laptop is a Dell Inspiration 17 5000 series. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photosmart-c7200-pinter/e5b13211-2db8-4690-b37d-8b299f71b2dc
  7. Epsom Pinter won’t scan

Epsom Pinter won’t scan: My HP computer is just suddenly telling me that it is not connected to my Epsom printer when i try to scan. It dies however print. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epsom-pinter-wont-scan/28c5ed4f-61e0-46ee-b6dc-4dc920cd3551
  8. Renamed a pinter, now having problems accessing it

Renamed a pinter, now having problems accessing it: I installed a printer on my PC. It created two printers in Devices and Printers - one for normal printing and one for sending faxes. I tried renaming the one for sending faxes, and I succeeded, but now the printer is grayed out and I can't access it any more. If I double...
  9. Pinters stop working

Pinters stop working: Hello, I am using windows 10 and recently the printers stopped working. I have two different printers attached, a Samsung by cable, and a Xerox that can be cable or Wifi. The first thing I did was uninstall the printers and reinstall them in case they'd missed a drive...
  10. I can't rename files on the deskttop (File Access Denied)

in Windows 10 Support
    I can't rename files on the deskttop (File Access Denied): I am the administrator, but whenever i try to rename a file on the desktop it says "File Access Denied" and that i need to provide administrator permission to rename the file. How to fix it? 73371